“Centrally located, with good food”

FH Grand Hotel Palatino
Ranked #283 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I loved that this hotel was minutes from the Colosseum and it was easy to explore in any directions. The room was small but comfy and the food was good, especially the full buffet breakfast. The elevator was broken during our stay, but I welcomed the chance to take the stairs. Other guests were not as happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room; rooms in the front were very noisy, my traveling companions said.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Excellent hotel.10 minute walk from the Colloseum and Palatine Hill.Also close to the Termini Railway station.As Israelis it was good to see that salad is served for breakfast.The staff were very helpful and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great location. The best gelato I ever had in my life was directly behind the hotel which was a nice plus! Was in Rome for the first time and this was walking distance from many attractions.

The staff overall was pleasant expect for one man that clearly had no time for hotel guest and dismissively directed me to someone else when my room key didn't work. On the other hand when I needed help with directions or a cab, the staff was very helpful and pleasant.

The rooms were larger than I expected in Rome! Can't complain, we had a nice view of the street from the room.

The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the housekeeping. They came later in the day, which I'm sure many prefer, but I was with a group tour that got up at the crack of dawn every morning and everytime I came back (around 1pm) after lunch my room was being cleaned. Not a huge deal, I'm just used to rooms being cleaned earlier in the morning and it was a minor inconvenience.

All in all it was a very nice stay.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Noe4rmAustin
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We didn't stay there, but I wanted to review this hotel because the desk people were so incredibly kind. Standing outside, we were desperate for a taxi, and they graciously called one for us, while offering for us to sit down and helping us gather up our things when the taxi arrived.
The lobby is beautifully appointed, and the hotel is in a great location, near the ancient ruins.
We are impressed with this hotel, based on the staff!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TwinMomAlabama
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Grand Paletino has a super location, with most of the things to see within walking distance. If you get enough walking, the Rome Segway tour is just down the street. All the staff were most polite and helpful. Nice restaurant and lounge as well. A+++
Kurt

Room Tip: A room facing the street would have been nice and, I don't spend a lot of time looking out the w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kurt F
Vincenzo d, Direttore generale at FH Grand Hotel Palatino, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest
I am personally very happy that you liked our hotel you appreciated the professional and friendly service of all our staff . I am in this profession from long time - more then 40 years - your appreciation is a great support and makes all of us think that we are working in to the right direction.
I look forward to a new visit in our beatiful city and in our hotel in a very near future
Best regards
Vincenzo d

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Right on top of the colosseum and close to numerous bars and restaurants. Get a room on the 8th floor - I stayed in room 804 and the view across Rome was fabulous. Customer service was really good and the hotel was very clean. Great for a couple of nights stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest
we are very happy you liked our hotel and services and we do hope you will come back in a very near future.
My warmest regards
Vincenzo d

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Walking distance to the Coliseum , this Hotel is well maintained, great staff and awesome breakfast, which had hot and cold offerings, fresh fruit and baked goods. Booked through our tour comapny.Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple