“You can do better”
Review of Hotel Siviglia

Hotel Siviglia
Ranked #959 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The only good with this hotel is that is close enough to Termini station and you will be able to move easily to the city with the public transpotation.
It needs surely a make over...The building inside has character but it is so old that you cannot appreciate it..
The rooms are nothing much, the bathroom has mold, the cabin's door was broken in pieces
but the most important for us was that they didn't change our sheets for all the five nights we spent there. Also the breakfast had only the basic and in bad quality. There is no change this place to deserve 3 stars...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EleniGoumenaki
There are newer reviews for Hotel Siviglia

Reviewed September 21, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Gitte L
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Where to start!

* Service = appalling! the reception are exceptionally rude and unhelpful. The room was not ready when we arrived late in the afternoon. After being told to come back in an hour the room still wasn't ready. The receptionist who took us to our room did not offer to help with our luggage up all of the damn stairs when we clearly had a 5 luggage pieces between 2 people.

* Room= unrenovated in probably 30 years. Peeling paint, old bedspreads etc etc. we actually booked a double, however received 2 single beds. When I went to explain to the reception man that this was not what we had booked he was so rude and got really aggressive with me, insisting that he had asked me on check in, which is a blatant lie because there is no way that a couple would have agreed to 2 single beds! best solution was offering to push the beds together the following day.

* Honestly even for the cheap price it is certainly not worth it and the service since we checked in to leaving has been very disappointing. All we wanted was a bed to sleep after sightseeing in beautiful Rome but they couldn't even deliver on what we booked.

Room Tip: Don't book here lol
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A A
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lovely hotel with big rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast is great as well. Nice area, safe day and night. One block away from the Metro and 4 blocks from the Termini. Don't expect a place to stay all day but a place to take a shower, sleep and relax after a long day in Rome. If you book it through an online agency, double check the specifications since I needed to pay extra because my confirmation from the agency (two adults and two kids) did not match the one from the hotel (only two adults).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VictorM46905
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Hotel Seviglia is a converted mansion with large rooms; we stayed in room 118. The hotel is starting to show its age. There is no safe in the room; there is a safe at the hotel desk for 3 euros per day. There are four power outlets in the room with three of them interlocked with the room master power. (You have to put your key into the master to have lights and outlet power, a common feature in many hotels.) The power outlet supplying the refrigerator is "always on" and has a multi-plug extension built in. This is a good option for recharging a camera or cell phone battery.

Air conditioning is available only during July and August (common in Europe).

The bathroom is daily supplied with gel shampoo/body wash and bar soap. The shower is large with a bench seat - very nice.

Breakfast is very ample with fruit, meats, pastry, cereal, and eggs. Mugs of coffee are served with a refillable pitcher. Seating is open but it is preferred that couples sit at a table for two rather than a table set for four.

There are several nice restaurants within a few blocks; two are nearby: An Italian cafe around the corner and an Ethiopian restaurant named Africa. Both have good food. There is a small grocery store about one block away on the main street. It is next to an open air bar.

The hotel is about 4 blocks from the Roma Termini station although is feels more remote. Enroute to the train/bus station are three restaurants including a patisserie that serves dinner and wonderful desserts for a reasonable price. The subway system provides convenient access to the major sites in Rome.

Room Tip: Rooms 118 and 119 are desirable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PATRICK S
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel is very old: smell, dust - everywhere.
I've found ants eating a bug in the center of bathroom.
Bedclothes were not very cleared, but bearable to sleep without disgusting.
Most furniture is quite old and and made me sad.

Stuff is quite kind, but kitchen stuff is not. Breakfast is not poor (there are many things to choose), but I'm not sure that they were fresh.

One more - Leonardi Hotels manager stuff badly speaking English: it was pain to confirm the reservation.

I hope my fate is kind to me and do not make me stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: Seems rooms on higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sergey C
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I will start by saying we were pleased with the proximity to the subway since this hotel is not within easy walking distance of any attractions but the Termini train station. This hotel is a few blocks form the Castro Pretoriano stop on the blue line.

However, the immediate area was lacking in any enticing restaurants or other amenities. We did not feel completely safe walking around in the vicinity except when near the armed guards for the consulates across the street.

Our biggest complaint was the utterly rude and unhelpful staff at the reception desk. Upon check-in we were not given the remote control necessary to operate the A/C and he held our passports with no explanation. Later in our stay, I asked if he could assist us in making 2 dinner reservations. He looked at me like I had three heads, then informed me I would have to pay him for the 3 local phone calls he reluctantly made. Since I was not expecting this I told him I would have to bring the 0.60 cents to him on our way out to dinner in a hour, and he expressed concern that I might not get it to him before his shift ended at 11 pm. Another time, we had to wait for the attendant to finish his cell phone conversation outside before we could retrieve our room key (which they required us to leave with them).

I do wish to say that the one female desk attendant was always willing to help and she was friendly, but spoke poor English. (The hotel's website advertises "multilingual staff".)

We were not happy with the selection at breakfast and the other reviewer who compared the waitress to a member of the Addams Family was not far off. We didn't mind the basement setting but it was deathly quiet in there.

The room was dirty and had some problems. The bed was seriously lumpy and the sheets coarse. The armoire door did not stay closed. The hairdryer was coming unattached from the wall and got far too hot to hold after a few minutes. There was a white stain on the extra blanket that I could not bring myself to identify. Worst of all, the toilet could barely flush and took several tries to get just toilet paper to go down. At one point it stopped flushing altogether.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple