“perfect holiday”

Ranked #375 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Geel, Belgium
“perfect holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was the third time staying in this hotel, and as always it was again a nice experience. Although the hotel is not located in the historic center, it is situated in trastevere close to tramline 8 which is going to piazza argentina.
Rooms are nice and modern, also bathrooms are ok. They are changing the outside colour of the hotel into grey , which is much nicer as before , very friendly staff and very helpful in arranging restaurant reservations.
Some minor issues : small elevators, old tv's in the rooms, no view
for those wanting to visit a local market , the market at the porta portese on sunday is just around the corner and it is enormous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judithv6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed at the Ripa hotel for 4 nights with my boyfriend last weekend. The hotel is nice enough and the staff are friendly. The room we stayed in was very large and spacious. It was clean and provided a good base to explore Rome. The only bad aspect of the room would be the mattress, it was rock hard!! But to be honest by the time you get home after exploring the beautiful city of Rome, it doesnt matter much...We both slept well!

Breakfast was fairly good, consisted of a hot and cold buffet - reasonable amount of choice. I would recommend going before 9am as after this time the breakfast room became quite chaotic and finding a cup or a plate was very difficult.

The location of the hotel is perfect, just a short distance away you'll find lots of restaurants where the food was good. Easy to walk to the main attractions, including the Vatican City and Collosseum. Alternatively the tram line is only a 5 minute walk wth regular trams and buses to most destinations.

Just a warning the hotel is quite far from Ciampino airport, taxi is 50 euros, we had not realised this and were a bit shocked. The hotel can arrange a private transfer for 45 euros!

Generally a good hotel in a great location, if travelling to Rome again we would return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank OxfordOxfordT
Prata di Pordenone, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

AC did not work and it was stifling in our room, which also was filthy. I requested another room which was finally given to us, even though previously they had claimed no more rooms were available. That 2nd room was really small and only cold showers in the morning; for 142 Euro a night!!! When I complained in the morning, all they said was these things happen and it was unfortunate they all happened to us. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna H
ariannaroscioli, Direttore at Hotel Ripa Roma, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
dear Guest,
you are more than welcome again in our lovely hotel.
I could not find records about your stay. But your words sound very strange to me as all our staff is trained to handle any situation. that is why I ask you to please write me an email to inform about dates and room n. and the person you spoke to at the desk (all staff wear a visible name badge).
Another thing I want to write you is that in the past weeks (from August to last week) Rome Water Agency caused water pressure decrease without notice. This created a big issue for us and I am asking a letter of excuses.
I wish a better stay everywhere you are.
thank you and please come with us again.

Arianna Roscioli

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Not as stylish and moderne as the photos show, and it's obviously an older house that was modernized, but it still lacks finish. Our room was pretty silly decorated, and it had a small kitchen with absolutely no purpose. The ventilation shaft often made an airplane sound, also at night. The cleaning crew forgot to close and lock our door one day, leaving it wide open with tickets and passports inside. The dining hall for breakfeast was noisy and the eggs and bacon were not fried. Rather cooked. All in all, we were not blown away by Ripa.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Tstranda
Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel two nights in September for business purposes. Judging by the photos on the internet site I expected lively and colourful design hotel. However, I was disappointed already at the lobby, since the photos showed how it looked like probably when it was just opened.
In reality it was weary and in desperate need to be freshened up.
The feeling remained also after seeing the room which was quite dark and wherever I looked a little bit closer, it didn't seem quite clean also. Stains on the carpet, dirty walls.
What was interesting that me and my colleagues realized that for the same price we all got very different rooms. Some big, some small, some even suites. So I would advise to check in advance if possible what will you get.

Breakfast was OK, but breakfast room needs at least fresh painting.

Personally, I didn't feel comfortable in this hotel. It is quite dark, with dimmed lights iand not well kept. I wouldn't recommend it for business travellers who need to maybe spend few hours more in the room and not just sleep over.
Location, however, is quite good for tourists.

One warning, my colleague noticed some strange charges on his credit card after paying in the hotel (some for pharmacy in Rome), so be sure to check it after your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank January27
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hotel Ripa, close to the centre of colourful Trastervere is tucked away down a quiet side street, close to the no.8 tram stop. The hotel is an ugly concrete building on the outside, the inside - the public areas and the rooms have a minimalist - linear look with modular furniture. Design wise its not our cup of tea, but as a base to explore Rome on a short break it was fine. If you are coming for a romantic break and want more comfort, decadence and rooms with a view, then maybe it is not the hotel for you. Based on some of the reviews - maybe we got lucky with our room, or maybe the other reviews were unfair, either way we had a good stay at Hotel Ripa.

This is why -

- Clean, tidy room - it looked like it has been recently refurbished
- Low noise level
- Great breakfast
- Friendly,helpful staff
- 5 min walk from the vibrant, colourful streets of Trastevere
- 20 min walk from the station or 5 min tram ride
- If you don't fancy a 25 min walk, tram no.8 takes you into the city in 10 mins
- Based on what we paid - value for money

The only improvements I could ask for is I guess the wi-fi could be free - however we didn't need to use it as we were out exploring every day. And yes the coffee as most people mentioned was bad!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A_Kiss_Before_I_Go
dear Guest,
review wise I loved your review because you explained your point of view without being offensive nor negative.
I love you! wish all reviewers could be as polite as you! many guests do not imagine that there is always another person behind a screen that reads their words and may also feel upset not to say more about their words.
we are all human beings on a planet we must not forget to keep the right attitude even when typing our dislikes...:-( my reaction to this is that I answer personally to all reviews on this site . I feel responsible for your reactions and also want to share my point of view with you either good or bad. So simple
thank you thank you thank you....
can invite for a cup of tea in your next visit ? please come and stay again!
I am proud to write that Wi-Fi will be free very soon so please follow us on Facebook or our new web page.

Arianna Roscioli
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Honestly ,how can guests to this hotel criticise?Pevious negative reviews are baffling to us.Utterly wonderful,elegant,helpfull staff who could not have been more fun.We stayed in a suite,booked originally for 5 days,Incredible room stayed for 2 weeks.Absolutely fabulous.
Trastevere is 5 mins walk,eclectic district.Go to Tulipo,La Capitane if you feel really good, go to Trevi, Al Presidente food ,atmosphere,everything special(a negative on tripadvisor)maybe these people who criticise should buy a tent and have a giant portion from McDonalds
However,back to my husband's birthday party;thankyou Patricio,Walter and the Goldfish in your office.Deo Gratias.007 wil be back in Skyfall.Oh forgot Guissepe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple