“easy, casual, great pizza”
Review of 'Gusto-Osteria

'Gusto-Osteria
Ranked #2,484 of 12,367 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Boston, Massachusetts
“easy, casual, great pizza”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere of Rome... casual, clean, new, pizza restaurant with salads and other main dishes too... nicely priced, lots of families

Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
“Osteria: Maybe, Restaurant: no way”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

When you try the restaurant on the other side od the building from osteria, the girls welcoming you let you feel less than welcome. If you choose the restaurant upstairs, after a while you understand why it is empty: service sucks, employee do not care.
Food Is overpriced, and try to send back send a pasta That is not cooked, that is raw: they wonder, and then they let the kitchen cook it more, so you do not get a replacement. It just sucks
This place lost all the initial value it had back in the day.
Two bottle of water on the table without asking: 3 euro each: purified tap water.
You feel like they wanted you to stay home.
A tourist trap

San Diego
“only good thing about this restaurant was my waiter...”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I went to this restaurant for a late lunch upon arrival in Rome, tired from a day of travel. It was recommended by my guide book and close to the hotel, so gave it a go. My initial impression was not favorable, as the man who appeared to be in charge, was VERY slow to motivate to clean a table for me to sit...he truly moved at a glacial pace and honestly seemed annoyed. But then my server came, and he was very nice and helpful. I ordered the fried zuccuni flowers stuffed with ricotta and grilled anchovies. They were not very good--tasted overwhelmingly of anchovie, rather foul. I wasn't going to say anything, but my server noticed I didn't eat it and offered to switch for the fried mozzarella, which tasted fine, but unremarkable. I then had the risotto with lemon and prawns. The shrimp were way overcooked and I was very surprised to see that they had not even cleaned out the trap line of the shrimp--never seen that in a restaurant before, wow. The risotto was clumpy and overall just poorly made. Again the sweet server noticed and brought me a complimentary gelato to try and make up for the meal. He is the only reason I give two stars....I had one more poor encounter with the manager when trying to pay the bill. My server seemed to be on break, and no one came after I asked for the bill so I went to seek it out myself. I found the manager and asked for the bill. He told me to go back to my table and he'd bring it. 10 minutes later no sign of him so I got up again and found him seated at a table having a drink with some other patrons he seemed to know....so I found yet another person who finally assisted me. You can do much better in Rome than Osteria Gusto.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LJSanDiego
Helsinki, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Good food, great atmosphere and reasonable prices. The only downside is that it is always full, which is a recommendation all by itself.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Decent food, horrible service”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our group was seven. We ordered a variety of appetizers, a few bottles of wine in addition to first courses. We wanted to eat first courses and then decide on our second courses. The waitress spoke good English and understood this. However, we were left sitting at our table for more than 45 minutes without the waitress coming by. We flagged her down numerous times and she said "one minute". We would have ordered more wine and more food, but we didn't appreciate getting ignored repeatedly so we asked for the check. After another 15 minutes, she never came with the check so we had to walk to the front of the restaurant and get it ourselves. We are used to slow service in Italy, but this was ridiculous.

• Visited July 2012