This place is AMAZING. It is a little apartment with three rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom, run by a brother and sister who own a local cafe.
Location: perfect - a two minute walk from the main train station but on a quiet street
Rooms: we had bunk beds with a great little balcony
Sleep quality: better than at home!
Kitchen: we cooked our own dinner one of the nights to save a bit of cash!
Amenities: cooker, fridge, table to eat at, TV, sink, kettle, towels.
Staff: greeted on arrival and given unbeatable tourist adive from a local's point of view!
Breakfast: the best coffee ever and amazing pastries at the buzzing little cafe! I miss it!
Decor: so cool
The only negative is that it is tricky to find! I'll try and explain so future guests don't get embarassingly lost like we did:
1. come out of the exit of Termini station which is by McDonalds
2. cross the road and go down the street directly in front of you
3. pass the fruit stall on your left hand side and a bar on your right
4. walk for 1 minute until you reach a building with large wooden doors
5. go in and take the stairs/old metal lift to the third floor
6. there is a small business card by the door which tells you you are there!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the center of Rome, close to Termini Station, terminal for Fiumicino and Ciampino and the headlines of all the city's public transport, underground, buses and taxis. Rome Metropolitan Guesthouse in the years has become a landmark in the area and makes the Pop style decor and friendliness of the two boys, her strengths.The copious breakfast, always included, is run by the family bar! For customers will experience a revolution in taste the famous delicious espresso and cappuccino coffee with cream without forgetting the possibility to taste typical Italian food products are always fresh and freshly prepared by Mom Anna. Moreover, and this is not really a common promotion, for guys of the guesthouse are provided exclusive discount on the lunch menu, the drinks, the cocktails and beer! A small, friendly inn is the brainchild of two brothers, Mark and Alex, with a unique urban-style of simple and essential things. The ideal retreat for couples who want to live unforgettable moments in the frame of the Eternal City, the guest house par excellence, economic and comfortable for all those guys who want to discover the big difference between staying in one place and live in Rome, even for a few days! ... more less