“Great vacation at Locanda Navona”
Review of Locanda Navona

Locanda Navona
Ranked #368 of 3,644 Rome B&B and Inns
“Great vacation at Locanda Navona”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We were very satisfied with Locanda Navona.
The location is very good - just 50 meters away from Piazza Navona- in a very nice alley.
The room was great (Bramante) - nice view to the street / alley, with double windows. The room was well equipped and covered all our needs.
The hospitality was very good- we were taken really good care- and answered with kindness with every question we had.
We also ordered a transfer from the Fiumichino- was right in time and got us right into the place.
A+++
We will certainally visit again!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Tomer G
sinkero, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Locanda Navona, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Kind Tomer,

we are very proud about your review, and we are very grateful for your kindness and good will.

I just regret I was not there to welcome you personally, but by reading what you wrote, my father Antonio took good care of you guys : I know he is so happy to help our Guests with tips on restaurants, bars, places to visit that many people love him as soon as they know him.

I wish you all the best, dear Tomer, and I really hope to be lucky enough to be there next time you will come and visit us at Locanda Navona.

Simone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
birmingham UK
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The location is just perfect. It's a very short stroll to Piazza Navona and every other place to tick off on the 'list of must see sights' (colisseum, forum, pantheon, vatican, Sant Angelo, Trevi fountain) is easily walkable. The area around Locanda Navona is lively and interesting, with lots of bars and restaurants, but it's not too noisy and always feels safe.

Accommodation was excellent - we had the Bramante room which has two big windows and is well furnished with comfortable bed + little fridge to hold vital supplies of wine to sup while looking out over the little piazza outside! TV too, though we never discovered any english language channels! Great airconditioning, vital during the hot roman nights! The shower room is small but spotlessly clean and well equipped with power shower and hairdrier.

Many thanks to all the staff here for their efficient care - the surprise birthday bottle of wine was a lovely gesture and much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank helas
sinkero, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Locanda Navona, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your overwhelming kindness and your lovely words : we try to do our best to make our Guests at home, and we are very happy when we find somebody that appreciate our efforts.

We were excited to discover that you would have spent your birthday here in Rome at "Locanda Navona" and ours was nothing but a little thing to try and contribute to make it more pleasant and enjoyable.

We hope to meet you again sometime in "Locanda Navona".

Cheers,

Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our reservation by e-mail was originally for rooms in Casa di Sara but Simone "upgraded" our rooms to the Locanda Navona. The rooms are bright and clean and the location of the B&B is very central to many historic monuments and a very lively area of Rome. Unfortunately, the air conditioning did not work for three of the rooms in our B&B area. We were traveling with another couple who experienced no air conditioning in 40 degree Rome temperature. Opening the windows was an option, but sleep was not, for the lively and loud neighbourhood. We tried contacting all three telephone numbers that were listed on the front desk to advise the owners but no one answered. The next morning we met Simone, explained our displeasure and he then informed us that he knew the a/c was not working properly. So, we asked for a refund. The best he could do was pay our taxi to the airport, so we accepted but stated that we would not be back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arizil_1
, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Locanda Navona, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Kind Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been doing this job for a while now, and as soon as I met you, I knew you were nice people that would not give us trouble complaining about this and about that, and I haven't changed my mind so far.

We appreciate very much your honesty, you aknowledge the beauty and the cleanness of our rooms, as well as the wonderful location.

I've heard the A/C was not working properly from another guest that called me on the phone that same night;

even though we managed to start the A/C system again by giving him instructions on the phone, I immediatly called the A/C assistance; the A/C system was fixed the following day, the same you checked out.

I'm more than sure that you tried to contact us, on and on, as much as I'm sure I never received any call from you that night; my two other collegues confirmed they never received any call from you, nor had they found any lost call on their phones.

What I think it happened is that you simply misdialed the international prefix : "+39" has to be dialed as "0039"; some people disregard this, it can happen.

you thought you were calling us and you thought we didn't want to answer and of course assumed that we were not taking care of you as we have should.

As you can read from reviews on booking.com, a Guest aknowledge me for taking him to the hospital in Rome and waited there until he was discharged; and before taking him back to the B&B, I took him to a pharmacy to buy the medicines he needed.

You can read in another review that I received a call from a Guest, a mom with her kids, she called me from the airport when they found they were forgot their passports in the room they just left :
even if it was Sunday early morning, I left my family, rushed to "Casa di Sara", rescued their passport and brought them at the airport in time for their flight.

My mobile phone is turned on every day, 24 hours a day, simply because I work with it, and it would be a very stupid thing to turn it off or not answering the calls for two simple reasons :

I would miss booking enquiries and at the same time I would not be able to help our Guests, which is an important part of our job.

Why in the world should we would turn down for whatever reason a phone call from you ?
Or maybe do you think we treated you in a different way because we didn't like you or whatever?

After upgrading your Standard Room to a Superior Room for no other reward but a smile on your faces?

You said you are not coming back again, and it's ok, but let me say again that we are sorry that you spent an horrible night in the heat of Roman Summer with no A/C; please believe this.

I paied the cab for you to express my regret in a concrete way, but to agree and refund you was the same thing to admit that what you were saying was true :
that we received your calls but we ignored them on purpose, and that is simply not the truth.

I wish you all the best

sincerely,

Jena, Germany
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Locanda Navona is a small hotel very close to Piazza Navona. All famous locations of Rom are in less than 20 minutes walking distance.
+ Located in the center of Rome's tourist features
+ Clean and lately renovated guest rooms
+ Very friendly service
+ 3 Cafes to choose from for breakfest, including one directly at Piazza Navona

+/- Many Bars, Cafes, Restaurants in the neighborhood. While this is a nice feature the downside is a constant noise through the morning hours. Around 4 a.m. the city cleaning starts tidying up causing noice from devices.

We enjoyed staying at this hotel very much. If you visit Rom planning to see many of it's famous landmarks this is a perfect place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Monika J
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed at this B&B during the first week of April 2012 and loved it. The owners, Antonio and his son Simone went out of their way to assist us with our needs (our luggage were delayed). The location is perfect --- away from the crowds of the Piazza Navona but yet easily accessible (2 min walk). It's on a cobblestone street with lots of good restaurants, gelato shops and other stores, a supermarket is actually right next door. Antonio was kind enough to suggest a few excellent places for dinner. Breakfast was supplied via two nearby eateries (basic but good). This B&B is fairly new and all appliance were likewise in good condition. The room was cleaned daily with towels and other amenities supplied. Most of the major attractions are within walking distance from this B&B. It is the perfect place to stay --- friendly service, great location and clean rooms. We can't wait to go back. PS: This B&B is not staffed 24 hours a day so make sure that you inform the owners if you are arriving very early or very late so that they can make arrangements to check you in. After that everything is a breeze. Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Caravaggio Room. Has nice street views and is noise-proof.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Pks88
Jerusalem
Reviewed April 18, 2012

location- couldn't be better. trust me.
room- clean,new, comfortable bad, elegant pictures, great shower!!
service- great. nice people that are willing to help all the time. ( make sure you learn some Italian words..most of the people in Italy don't really speak English. )
night life- you wont get bored..it's all there, as you walk down to the street.
location tip- at night, cross the river to Trastevestre. a short walk to find great bars, restaurants, and more.
breakfast- just what we needed, at a cafe near by. you could chose between two places: a cafe downstairs or a cafe on piazza Navona. ( 1-2 min walk )

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca I
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Fabulous location, large, clean room and wonderful service. We had originally booked into the Casa di Sara but were moved due to renovations in the tower. We were not disappointed. Antonio welcomed us warmly and helped us settle in. The room was large and immaculately clean. Maid service was daily. The bed was king size and very comfortable. Antonio was keen to recommend local restaurants which was a great help especially on the first night as we arrived in the dark. All his recommendations were great. As for the location - it couldn't be better! 20 mins stroll to the Vatican and Colloseum, 10 mins to the Trevi fountain and 1 minute to the beautiful, vibrant Piazza Navona. Perfect! The one thing we would say was that it could be tricky to find but locals are more than keen to help. Breakfast was served in the bar next door, was beautifully fresh and served by a very friendly barman who provided a great service. We would give excellent for all categories except that it was a bit noisy outside from time to time. But Rome is a city that never sleeps and if you are out enjoying the sights, it won't be a problem. Top tip, ask Antonio about a taxi to the airport - much cheaper than the one we paid into Rome.

Room Tip: We were in the Boticelli room which had views over the side streets and a great big bed! There aren...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple