“Good neighborhood bistro”

Cuisines: Italian
California
“Good neighborhood bistro”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This neighborhood bistro one block south of Piazza Bologna provides a good simple menu with reasonable prices. We went there twice during our stay of a few days. We sat inside the first time, to avoid the smokers at the sidewalk tables, and outside the second time, taking a chance and almost making it through the meal smoke free. This being Europe, those who do not want to smell smoke during a meal al fresco must be students of air currents, and lucky in choosing neighbors.
We sampled the various categories, with a pasta, a "pizza", and risotto. All were tasty fare. My partner was disappointed in dessert both visits - they were out of the tira masu, which we were told is a specialty there. I enjoyed the chocolate torta, chocolate being the essential food group to me.
When we sat outside, we ended up having several conversations with passers by. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2011