“Just OK”
Review of Il Pasticciaccio

Il Pasticciaccio
Ranked #2,948 of 12,268 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: "Il Pasticciaccio Lounge Café", here you can find, among the many services offered: Tea Room, Snack bar, Happy Hour, Brunch, Restaurant, Cocktail Bar, Wine Tasting and much more! We are waiting on Via Merulana, 34 in Rome!"Il Pasticciaccio Lounge Café".
Bergen, Norway
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Food is just OK but nothing really special or very authentic. I am not saying that there is something wrong with the food, although for trying the authentic italian food, there are other better options in Rome.
Take into account that the prices are notably more expensive if you take a sit up at the terrace.
Tired staff and not very kind.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank B22_A70

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Mount Barker, Australia
“If you want authentic Italiano- Move On!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you are looking for traditional Italian food I wouldn't recommend going here. The food was not disgusting but it wasn't very good. The staff were nice but they mixed up our order. The pizza was salty and the dough was really chewy. It was like eating wannabe Italian food from home. Other reviewers have said it is not so much for proper meals, I have not experienced breakfast or a 'coffee and cake' type visit but I assume this to be true from our experience.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank CharlotteAF005
San Diego, California
“Misled by takeaway price”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

After a chat with the woman behind the counter of which pastry I should choose, she recommend the tiramisu. I took her suggestion and my girlfriend continued to take it out of the refrigerator which was behind us. The woman then proceeded to come back from the back of the display of pastries to take the tiramisu and asked us if we would like it outside. Being that the weather was nice and we weren't in a hurry we decided to sit down outside. We sat down, and were a little confused since they took it from my girlfriend and brought it out themselves. We then ate the tiramisu which was not bad, it wasn't great either. I then walked back in to pay with a 5 euro bill in hand being that the price listed next to it in the refrigerator said 3.50. The gentleman then said that it was 6, then said there was a small service fee for having it at the table. He said 3.50 was the takeaway price, I looked at him as though he was kidding, but he wasn't. This was clearly a way to make a few extra euro for doing next to nothing but set the tiramisu on the table and ask for more. I'm sure I am not the only one surprised by this fee and I am sure others will fall for their "friendly service".

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Darrion B
Montreal, Canada
“great way to start off the day”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We received a coupon from our bed and breakfast to have breakfast here every morning. The coupon included a croissant of our choice, a coffee of our choice, and an orange juice. The coffee was excellent and the croissants were very tasty. The service was also very friendly. We really enjoyed starting off our mornings at Il Pasticicciaccio!

Visited June 2012