“do not spend your money here”

La Pace del Cervello
Ranked #4,395 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
London
“do not spend your money here”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had the misfortune to frequent this establishment with my son, husband and brother in March, after a visit to the Colosseum.
We sat at an outside table, one of the waitresses literally threw two large menus at us in passing, my brother just managing to catch one as it landed in his chest. I do not exaggerate, we thought initially it was a joke, but no. This was the attitude to tourists. When he commented she just glared at him.
After ordering four meals and drinks, only three arrived. We initially thought that my brothers pizza was a little delayed, when he asked she did not apologise, looked at her PDA and insisted that because it was not on her list, then we cannot have ordered it. I was amazed at the audacity and sheer madness of the situation. I explained again that we ordered four meals for four of us and she must have misheard or forgotten, and I reminded her that she had not in fact finalised the order before leaving the table as most waitresses would do.
My brother repeated that he had of course ordered his own meal and expecting an apology and an assurance that it was now to be remedied, we continued to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, we were met with further aggression, denial and no obvious intent to supply another meal. Thus my brother cancelled it and then there was further abuse being accused of inconveniencing them! The owner, obviously the father, did nothing to address tis outrageous behaviour from his staff who were all looking on.
As we had a child with us, we stayed to finish the meal, though it grated on me to do so. To add insult to injury, we were charged 6 euro for service. I tried to say to the owner inside that I did not feel this was appropriate under the circumstances and suddenly no one spoke English.
I can quite honestly say that it was the worst experience from serving staff that I have ever encountered, although sadly we noted much of this attitude in Rome during the week.
As we sat there we noted twenty or so Spanish teenagers arrive and leave shortly afterwards from inside complaining about how they were spoken to (my brother speaks Spanish, and a little Italian), the son this time telling his father that they were being'' unreasonable''.
If you want to be treated like an inconvenience from rude, condescending staff who obviously feel that there job is beneath them and you should be grateful they are permitting you to visit their city, then go ahead and waste your money here.
And despite the plethora of these establishments every 5 yards, the food was less than average and over priced.

• Visited March 2012

• Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
“Worst ever!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are sitting here as I write this review. Good thing they have wifi, probably the only good thing about this place... We have been waiting for 75 min. and the food has not come yet! We have five kids with us and their food is coming in pieces. Wait, they just brought one soup! Rest of us... Still waiting. The waitress is horribly rude and it's definitely the only black spot in an otherwise great city. The location is quite convenient to the Coliseum, but we recommend that you walk a few extra steps and try another restaurant, as there are plenty.... And, we definitely don't recommend this spot if you're traveling with a family. Wait... 90 minutes and we finally got the kids burgers!, and guess what? They're not that good........

• Visited July 2012
Newcastle, UK
“Poor food, poor service, overcharging”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This restaurant does quite aggressively hook passing tourists in from the street as we were, but, we needed some lunch, so we just went with it.
The waiting staff were unwelcoming and generally unpleasant.
We ordered paninis, the bread of which was burnt quite severely.
The prices were high, and an extra 5 euros was added per panini for seemingly no reason (other than maybe we were tourists).
Again, unpleasant when paying, and ignored when departing.
Totally undeserving of customers.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank BWUK
Northern California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the pizza!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Small bistro near the colosseum (about a 5 minute walk). The best pizza we had in Italy! It was recommmended by our tour guide, and was Francesca ever right.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SacreBleu2U
London
“Great Cafe / Restaurant - welcoming and friendly”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Visited this Restaurant twice in April 2012 - 1st as a drinking stop after a Colesseum visit. The staff were very friendly, welcoming, attentive and quite jokey. We had a nice experience so we went back on our last full day in Rome this time for lunch and again were not disappointed. It obviously is popular with locals and tourists, the ground floor and outside seating area were full by the time we left. Yes it is slightly on the expensive side - but it is a cut above the rest: the quality of food is very good. Service is professional and the staff always keep an eye on the tables and are quick to react to customers' needs. Most places in Rome are expensive especially where the tourists go, but unlike some places, La Pace Del Cervello is not a blatent rip off. We would have no hesitation in giving this place an excellent recommendation.

• Visited April 2012