The First Roma
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
$446
Vatican View(Rome)
$222
$208
Travelocity
Hotel Residenza San Calisto(Rome)(Great Value!)
$198
  • Restaurant
$915
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsart hotelrooftop barjunior suiteglass of proseccomichelin star restaurantspanish stepsnear piazza del popoloquiet side streeton arrivalluxury hotelbeautiful hotelmarble bathroomour honeymoonnespresso machinedinner reservationssitting areathe hotel manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We spent six nights at The First Luxury Art Hotel in July. The front desk staff (Antonio, Meriem, and Agata were wonderful. The breakfast buffet had everything we could possibly want and Andrea and Guillermo were great hosts and remembered my double expresso every morning. I suggest booking a package that includes the breakfast buffet to avoid sticker shock with the breakfast buffet bill. The hotel suite was very large and more than adequate in all respects. The Hotel is ideally located and an easy walk to all the major attractions and is very close to the Tiber River if you wish to walk the river to you attractions.

Room Tip: Book a suite and include the breakfast buffet. Talk to the staff and say their name. They appreciate it and will remember you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StevenB-cpa
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just stayed here for 3 nights, and the location is perfect, the bed very comfortable, the room furniture really nice. The things that let this hotel down for us was that for one of the 3 night we were in a different room to the first 2 nights and there was a bath with a shower hose, but no handle to hang the shower hose so it was very awkward and uncomfortable to shower. The bathroom got very wet. I don't expect this type of thing at a 5 star hotel. The other thing letting this hotel down was the breakfasts - very average, compared to other 5 star hotels that we stay at.
The staff are very friendly, and happy to make recommendations. If the shower issue was fixed and breakfast was better, we would return.....I suggest that the Management of this hotel go and visit other 5 star hotels and see the breakfast spread that is offered and expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven C
thefirsthotel, Direttore at The First Roma, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Steven C,

Thank you for taking the time to write us and for your precious comments
which we have taken all into good considerations.

Upon checking our records, it transpires that your reservations were
in fact for 3 nights, but for two completely different dates.
I also found that the first two nights where during July, whilst
the last night was for a date in August. As you surely appreciate,
sometimes it becomes necessary to allocate different rooms for the
different dates although keeping of course the same or higher category
rooms booked (as matter of fact for your second visit you enjoyed a
complimentary upgrade so to be on a same level as of your first visit).

I thank you for pointing out that the bathtub was not quite as
splashproof as expected, and we have already looked into the possibility
to place a partition around the bath tub to avoid further mishasps.

For what concern your comments about our breakfast, I have already
spoken to All’oro , our Michelin Star partner who manage our food and beverage
operations to ensure that the quality of the services and produce offered will be
at a par with the class and guests expectations. I am sure that Chef Riccardo di Giacinto will immediately react in order to elevate the breakfast to nothing less than excellence.

Please contact me if you wish to share more suggestions.

Thank you again for the comments and hope to see you back soon at
The First Luxury Art Hotel in Roma.

Best regards
Giuseppe Falconieri
The First Luxury Art Hotel Roma

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a 3 night stay at this hotel recently and overall came away with a very mixed impression . First the good- the staff were very nice and helpful in most cases. The only exceptions to this were in the bar (more on that later) . One of the more curious items is the bathtub/"shower" arrangement. I confess that I have never seen this exact contraption and fussed and fumed as I attempted my initial "shower" in the tub with a wand as water sprayed off the walls and my body all over the bathroom. My wife and daughter fared only slightly better. We all "made do" but having to "gird yourself" in order to shower is not something one generally experiences in a "5 star " property. I noticed a review from last year that said they planned to "fix" this but at this date, no.

There is a rooftop bar with a nice view but when we were there it was in the upper 90's and simply too hot for a glass of wine in the late afternoon. We stopped by out first day there and were told the downstairs bar was closed at that time but the upstairs bar was open. We opted to try the rooftop after dinner. We arrived around 10pm and were seated only to wait 15 minutes without contact from anyone. We departed.

The next afternoon , I called the front desk and specifically asked if the downstairs bar was open. I was assured that it was indeed. My wife and I went down, around 6p.m. someone saw us from the restaurant and came to say the bar was closed but upstairs was open. After some discussion with the front desk folks, they agreed to bring us a couple drinks gratis in the downstairs bar. We still are amused/puzzled about the hours of the apparently theoretical downstairs bar.

5 star? no. Worth the money? probably not. But that is surely an individual judgement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Creekcrawler
thefirsthotel, General Manager at The First Roma, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The First Luxury Art Hotel Roma. We are delighted to learn that our staff have met your expectation and that you found them very helpful.

We however are extremely sorry for the lack of attention and service you encountered with our Food and Beverage Outlets. Our partner, one-starred Michelin Restaurant All’Oro, has been involved in your claim and we are fully committed to ensure that the same issue will not occur in the future. For this misunderstanding the bar/restaurant have offered complimentary drinks for you, though this did not indeed compensate the inconvenience you had but we hope that you appreciate our gesture to redeem the situation.

As regards to the shower, we actually have fixed the shower problem from the comment you saw on previous review, therefore would you be so kind to advise us your room number in order for us to immediately take care of the matter. You may write directly to gm@thefirsthotel.com and thank you in advance for your cooperation.

We appreciate all your feedback and we are sorry that we have not met your expectation this time but we hope to have another chance in the future to show you the real 5-star experience at The First.

Sincerely yours,

Giuseppe Falconieri
General Manager, The First Luxury Art Hotel Roma.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our European vacation and could not have been happier with our hotel selection. From the minute we walked in the door the staff was welcoming and attentive and made sure that we had a cool drink while we were checking in. Before we were taken to our room we were asked if we would like to see the rest of the hotel and were taken to the rooftop bar/restaurant which has incredible views of Rome. The room itself is large, very well appointed and comfortable. The bathroom is also large with great toiletries and fluffy robes and towels. The hotel is very centrally located and within walking distance of much of Rome. The staff is what truly made this hotel special for us......excellent service with a smile! Many thanks to Nadia, Giulia, Dario, and Agata. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patti M
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just arrived home from a three night stay at The First Luxury Art Hotel. From the moment we were picked up from the airport we knew we were in great hands, We were warmly welcomed by staff the moment we arrived,once we checked in we were shown around the hotel before going to our suite. We booked a junior suite which was perfect,with a great size lounge,bedroom,bed,and bathroom. All decorated beautifully with amazing art work, the bed was very comfortable.
All the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful,always on hand no matter what time it was,providing us with the best service I've EVER had in any hotel anywhere in the world!!!! Two ladies in particular at the front desk were so helpful, (you know who you are) They helped with booking tours,restaurants and generally making you feel at home nothing was ever two much trouble.
The only point I'd like to say is we thought the breakfast was over priced at 30 Euros. With that said I'd still choose to stay at this hotel again because everything else was amazing, and as the hotels name suggest it really was a First class Luxury Art Hotel. The location was also great so close to many beautiful sites such as Piazza Del Popolo, Villa Borghese, Fontana Di Trevi,and all within easy walking distance, Taking a walk up the Via Del Corso is a must,such a beautiful place just wish I could of stayed longer, but sure I will return soon.
So if your thinking of going to Rome and want a beautiful Hotel that has first class service and a great location with warm and friendly staff this hotel would be a perfect place to stay.
Finally I'd like to say a huge thank you from the Wood family.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple