All reviewsart hotelrooftop barjunior suiteglass of proseccospanish stepsquiet side streeton arrivalvia del corsobeautiful hotelluxury hotelwalk in closetnespresso machinemarble bathroomperfect locationour honeymoonsitting areamajor attractions
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you are in Rome please do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel. The entire staff is superior in every way, taking care of your every need. The rooms are clean and the hotel bar is a great place to sit and enjoy. They are available to help you find a wonderful restaurant or directions.
I can not say enough good things about our experience there.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and splurge on a room with an outside jacuzzi, its a great view of Rome and a wonderful way to relax after walking around the city!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ilucky7
Reviewed August 29, 2012

WOW!! - This is one of the coolest, most interesting, most elegant, exceptional in all ways boutique hotel I have ever seen. The common areas have a very elegant feel with modern art everywhere you look. The vistas from the rooftop restaurant are fantastic and it is a great place to grab a late night drink and enjoy Rome. The rooms are spacious and very luxurious. The location is terrific and walking distance to most the historical sites. The service is extraordinary. No request we made was too outrageous and every single one was executed seamlessly. Each room comes with a personal concierge it appears and they are fantastic. I simply could not make a higher recommendation, but since they only have 29 rooms, I hope that reviews like this do not cause the hotel to be sold out, when I am there next.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

TOP MARKS - I really don't know how this accommodation can be considered anywhere except in the top 5 of the best hotels in Rome. I have stayed at quite a few, and did a lot of research before booking this hotel for a week -- and I felt VERY lucky to have gotten a room.
LOCATION - Excellent for a visit to central Rome. We walked everywhere - to every major site. That includes south to many of the sites including the Colosseum (many renovations completed), major museums, lovely Piazzas, and the Trevi Fountain, as well as across the bridge to the Vatican (now with an overwhelming amount of art on display). This location about 1 block away from the long, main shopping street. This means everything is very accessible, and as you walk to sites you pass all sorts of interesting shops (bring an extra duffle bag : ) if you go during the Jan or July sales). There are also lovely (and inexpensive) restaurants nearby. However, since it's not on a main street, the hotel itself is very quiet -- extremely so.
ROOM itself was excellent. It looked newly redone (it is a relatively new hotel afterall) but I think this is also a credit to their level of service. They want everything to be perfect, and endeavour to ensure it is so. The bed is super luxurious with fine Italian linens on an oversized mattress. We had two rooms. The week we were there it was very hot, and their AC was a welcome relief.
SERVICE - Need ice? Just call. In fact, I don't usually use the concierge but I found them to be very helpful. For example, rather than waiting in line for tickets at some sites, they helped us book in advance which expedited the visit. Another couple was working with them to book bike rentals to ride in the park.
OVERALL - An excellent hotel that operates to a high global standard. We believe this is one of the best hotels in Rome (and beyond); we would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked lovely!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The staff at the First Luxury Art hotel insured that our trip was spectacular. Their efforts only enhanced this fabulous hotel that sits in the middle of Rome. What a find!!! We will be back on our next visit to Rome and we will encourage all those who visit Rome to book at this special boutique hotel. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank janice1101
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over 2 periods in August, firstly for one night prior to going on a cruise, and then for another 2 nights on our return. The purpose of our trip to Europe was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and my wife`s birthday, and I casually mentioned this to Terry, the front office manager who attended to us on our arrival. From the first welcoming sight of this beautiful modern hotel to the last moment of checkout this hotel is 5 star, with every staff member, including the manager being super efficient and helpful. The checkin is done leisurely over a refreshing glass of champagne or fruit juice, in the comfort of lounge chairs, and on both occasions we were pampered and made to feel special. Our travel agent booked us into a Deluxe room, and Terry upgraded us to a suite for the first part of our stay which was exceptionally comfortable. When we checked in again after our cruise, Terry was there to greet us and check us in again. This time he offered us the choice of 2 suites, one similar to the one we stayed in initially, or a slightly smaller suite with its own outside jacuzzi. We opted for the latter which was as comfortable as the first, with the added luxury of the jacuzzi. Actually this suite also had a jacuzzi in the bath. While relaxing in the room we received a knock on the door, and were presented with a homemade chocolate cake, a bottle of champagne and a handwritten note to welcome us back and to wish my wife a happy birthday. To be honest, I had even forgotten that I had mentioned her birthday so this little touch was a real gem. The hotel is also very well located, about 5-7 minutes walk to the Spanish steps and close to the good shopping area. Definitely recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple