“Fantastic”

Ranked #33 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and returned to Rome for the 4th time together. This trip was the best, and the hotel was one of the reasons. The staff is wonderful, accommodating...the location was fabulous. We didnt eat at the hotel. We enjoy goining out into the neighborhood. We will return to the eternal city and would love to stay here again. Be sure to have drinks at the rooftop. The view is stunning!

Room Tip: If you require a bathtub or shower, just ask when booking. Remember it is europe, but this staff wil...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gina P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel is located down a small side street -- not exactly where you would expect to find such a lovely hotel. The location, however, is very good and we walked to many of the major sightseeing sights. Every thing we experienced was top-notch: warm welcome upon our late arrival, efficient check-in, prompt delivery of our bags, the most comfortable bed I've experienced in a hotel, clean & modern bathrooms (no baths), excellent wifi connection (a must for my businessman husband), a beautiful rooftop deck with fantastic views of Rome, and excellent recommendations for local restaurants (thanks, Agata!). During our 8 day trip in Italy, our family of four ranked each hotel from a scale of 1 - 10 . We gave this hotel a 9.5 only because the downstairs breakfast was a bit expensive---although good! Agata (sorry, I hope I'm spelling her name properly) recommended Osteria Dell Antiquario for dinner one night and we all ranked it a 10. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Most likely the favourite hotel of our honeymoon. Beautiful, spacious room - including bedroom, sitting area and a lovely, luxurious bathroom (quite unusual when travelling through Europe). The bed was big, and so comfortable as were the pillows. I think the location is perfect for Rome, especially for those who want to shop, close enough to Via Del Corso and the Spanish Steps without being noisy. I loved the rooftop bar, very cool and with a fabulous view. The staff were friendly, happy to provide advice, arrange tours etc, as well as going the 'extra mile' with a few issues we had. Room service food was of exceptional quality too! I will absolutely be staying here again when we next visit Roma.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine R
Boston
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a hidden gem of a hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels and resorts all over the world and this hotel is without question a 5 star +++ quality hotel. This was my first time in Rome and we wish we had stayed a few more days. The hotel was impeccable, the staff were helpful and the location was perfect. I had reserved 2 rooms for my family and they were equally amazing. The décor of the hotel and guest rooms are modern and elegant (you definitely get the feel of a boutique type hotel). The customer service from the time we walked in the door until the moment we left was five star all the way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sunnytraveler1970
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed July 15, 2012

There is a lot of good things to say about this hotel. Great location, quiet, yet very central. The art pieces are enjoyable, spacious rooms, good service. We received a complimentary bottle of vino spumante on the night of arrival. Staff is at your service when it comes to information about shopping, restaurants etc, we got a tip about a nearby trattoria (Il brillo parlante), and we loved it.

However, the room was not to our taste. Although bathroom and bedroom were fresh and very stylish, there was only one window in the room. It was a narrow window by the bed, and also covered with darkblue curtains on the sides. So there was very little natural light in the room, and no possibility to get proper lamplight. Apparently it's part of the stylishness to have very dim light, so you can't for instance read a magazine sitting in the sofa group (we had a junior suite). There was no lamp on the writing desk in our room, but I have seen from webpictures that some of the other rooms have that. Bathroom also dark walls, little light. It was almost like a windowless hotelroom, which certainly is not what we want.
We only stayed for one night, breakfast was good. Among the negatives was also a late delivery of luggage to the room, after 20 min I called the reception and luggage arrived 5 min later.

So if you're no light-craver like us, I guess- go for it! We won't return, though.

Room Tip: Let reception know if you'd rather have a shower than a bathtub. Ask for two windows if possible...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank iTravelG
, General Manager at The First Luxury Art Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Rome!

Thank you for selecting The First Luxury Art Hotel Rome for your recent stay.
We are pleased you took the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor and thankful for your positive comments on our service, suite decor, welcome amenities and breakfast.
It was with regret that, though, that we read your remarks on the lack of efficency of our luggage service. It is only by receiving such information that we are better able to rectify and resolve any problems that we may have. To that end, we have reviewed our luggage handling procedure in order to cosistently provide a seamless service to our guests.
Please note that your comments regarding the lighting in our rooms have been taken on board and that we are already looking into introducing the best eco friendly solutions that would enhance even more the character and the warmth of our suites.

You may contact me directly when planning a future trip to Rome in order that I can personally make the necessary arrangements to ensure that your next stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.

I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The First Luxury Art Hotel Rome.

Best Regards

ELEFTHERIOS KAVIERIS
Front Desk Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great Hotel! The Staff are so helpful and attentive, rooms are a good size for Europe Hotels and everything is modern and Clean. Location wise was perfect very central and a close walk to all the main attractions, will definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My plans called for only one night in Rome, and I wish I had stayed longer. This new boutique hotel was a gem. I was excited by the images when I booked on line, and was extremely pleased to see that the hotel looked as good (or better) in person.

From the e-mail on the day before arrival (from Tatyana, who was confirming my arrival time) to the ease of check-in, the experience was terrific. And yes, I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite -- which was well beyond my expectations. The rooms were beautiful...spotless...well-appointed...bathroom amenities were great...and the art collections were fun!

The location was very convenient...the staff was very helpful...the 6:45 AM check-out on Sunday (YIKES) was effortless.

Kudos to this hotel...I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo