The First Roma
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsart hotelrooftop barjunior suiteglass of proseccomichelin star restaurantspanish stepsnear piazza del popoloquiet side streeton arrivalluxury hotelbeautiful hotelmarble bathroomour honeymoonnespresso machinedinner reservationssitting areathe hotel manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2012

There is a lot of good things to say about this hotel. Great location, quiet, yet very central. The art pieces are enjoyable, spacious rooms, good service. We received a complimentary bottle of vino spumante on the night of arrival. Staff is at your service when it comes to information about shopping, restaurants etc, we got a tip about a nearby trattoria (Il brillo parlante), and we loved it.

However, the room was not to our taste. Although bathroom and bedroom were fresh and very stylish, there was only one window in the room. It was a narrow window by the bed, and also covered with darkblue curtains on the sides. So there was very little natural light in the room, and no possibility to get proper lamplight. Apparently it's part of the stylishness to have very dim light, so you can't for instance read a magazine sitting in the sofa group (we had a junior suite). There was no lamp on the writing desk in our room, but I have seen from webpictures that some of the other rooms have that. Bathroom also dark walls, little light. It was almost like a windowless hotelroom, which certainly is not what we want.
We only stayed for one night, breakfast was good. Among the negatives was also a late delivery of luggage to the room, after 20 min I called the reception and luggage arrived 5 min later.

So if you're no light-craver like us, I guess- go for it! We won't return, though.

Room Tip: Let reception know if you'd rather have a shower than a bathtub. Ask for two windows if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank iTravelG
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Rome!

Thank you for selecting The First Luxury Art Hotel Rome for your recent stay.
We are pleased you took the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor and thankful for your positive comments on our service, suite decor, welcome amenities and breakfast.
It was with regret that, though, that we read your remarks on the lack of efficency of our luggage service. It is only by receiving such information that we are better able to rectify and resolve any problems that we may have. To that end, we have reviewed our luggage handling procedure in order to cosistently provide a seamless service to our guests.
Please note that your comments regarding the lighting in our rooms have been taken on board and that we are already looking into introducing the best eco friendly solutions that would enhance even more the character and the warmth of our suites.

You may contact me directly when planning a future trip to Rome in order that I can personally make the necessary arrangements to ensure that your next stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.

I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The First Luxury Art Hotel Rome.

Best Regards

ELEFTHERIOS KAVIERIS
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great Hotel! The Staff are so helpful and attentive, rooms are a good size for Europe Hotels and everything is modern and Clean. Location wise was perfect very central and a close walk to all the main attractions, will definitely will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My plans called for only one night in Rome, and I wish I had stayed longer. This new boutique hotel was a gem. I was excited by the images when I booked on line, and was extremely pleased to see that the hotel looked as good (or better) in person.

From the e-mail on the day before arrival (from Tatyana, who was confirming my arrival time) to the ease of check-in, the experience was terrific. And yes, I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite -- which was well beyond my expectations. The rooms were beautiful...spotless...well-appointed...bathroom amenities were great...and the art collections were fun!

The location was very convenient...the staff was very helpful...the 6:45 AM check-out on Sunday (YIKES) was effortless.

Kudos to this hotel...I can't wait to return again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is not luxury, be warned! When you think of a 5 star hotel and compare it to this wannabe it comes up short in many areas. The staff are distant and want little to do with you, and if you need anything it will come at a unreasonable cost.

When you first arrive it does appear to be a nice boutique hotel but this veil will fall and you'll realize that its more like a 3 or 4 star hotel and not worth the price tag. As mentioned before you cant charge your phones and ipads when you leave your room which is more than a little annoying and this lovely rooftop terrace with a bar which is advertised - there's no bar in the day and its a sushi restaurant in the evening which they let out to private events so you cant even use it...this hotel continually disappointed throughout my stay.

Though there are some positives - the location! it cant be beat, its only a short walk away from the Spanish steps and near many restaurants and shops.

But location alone wouldn't bring me to even contemplate staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Rome90832
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.
We were pleased to see that you rated the Location, Sleep Quality and Cleanliness of our Suites with 5/5.
We were most concerned, though, to see your comments, outlining the disappointment you experienced during your stay with us.
We would like to assure you that our foremost priority is ensuring that our guests receive recognition and experience a warm and personalized service that only a boutique luxury property can offer.
With regards to the cost of the services we offer, we would like to highlight that it is on par with all other 5* Luxury properties in Rome.
We would also like to reiterate that following guest comments previously posted on Tripadvisor we are in the process of isolating the power outlets in all our Suites so that guests may leave their electronic devices to charge uninterrupted.
In conclusion, we would like to express our most sincere apologies that you were unable to enjoy our rooftop terrace. Admittedly, there might be rare occasions that private events are held on the terrace due to its’ enviable location with 360° breathtaking views of Rome. It always remains, however, at our guests disposition. During the day, our guests have the unique opportunity of relishing the most important monuments that Rome has to offer just by taking the lift to the 6th floor of the hotel. From 19:00 we invite our guests to enjoy an “aperitivo” as the sun sets over the spires and domes of Rome’s cathedrals, while in the evening the rooftop terrace is transformed into a destination fusion restaurant where refined cuisine and exquisite flavours take the lead.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your comments as it is only by receiving such information that we are better able to rectify and resolve any problems that we may have. Perhaps you will be kind enough to give us another opportunity so that we are able to restore your faith in The First Luxury Art Hotel Rome .
Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. You may contact me directly when planning a future trip in order that I can personally make the necessary arrangements to ensure that your next stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.
We do hope that this is in order and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The First Luxury Art Hotel Rome in the not too distant future.

ELEFTHERIOS KAVIERIS
Front Desk Manager

THE FIRST
Luxury Art Hotel Roma

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Althought this hotel is new, it already deservers praise for it's friendly staff and great service. We had a wonderfull time. Even thou the rooms are expensive, the hotel is modern, clean and very nicely decorated. The hotel concierge staff was helpfull and made our reservations a snap. The only suggestion I have, was about the new rooftop restaurant. Don't get me wrong, it has a great view and atmostphere, but the restaurant could have offerings for kids. Families traveling with small children, need to make arragements if they want to visit the restaurant. Everythign else, including the hotel, was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family