“Excellent Hotel, with great service and great location.”
Review of The First Roma

The First Roma
Ranked #30 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Althought this hotel is new, it already deservers praise for it's friendly staff and great service. We had a wonderfull time. Even thou the rooms are expensive, the hotel is modern, clean and very nicely decorated. The hotel concierge staff was helpfull and made our reservations a snap. The only suggestion I have, was about the new rooftop restaurant. Don't get me wrong, it has a great view and atmostphere, but the restaurant could have offerings for kids. Families traveling with small children, need to make arragements if they want to visit the restaurant. Everythign else, including the hotel, was great.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am Italian origin and I usually stayed in hotel de Russie when I went for business. Always found it overpriced with bad service and it took me years to find something that really makes a difference.

First hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel with great staff and an impeccable service. It also has a terrace on the top floor with a Japanese style cuisine and a beautiful view of Rome where you can have a cocktail after a day out visiting. The location is great, a few minutes from piazza del popolo.

I took the business offer and got upgraded to a first suite.... Beautiful.

The breakfast was included and so was the wifi which was a major positive. The rooms do not have a bath but it did not bother me too much.

Definitely going back there in my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank go2728
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The decor and art in the hotel lobby give you the impression that this is a luxury hotel, but once you stay at the First Hotel for a few days, you'll come to the same conclusions that my wife and I did -- that this stylish boutique hotel has a long way to go before it is considered first rate. What is the first thing you want to do after a long plane flight? Take a shower, right? Well, we found that our DELUXE SUITE (750 dollars/night) had one of those bathtubs with a flex shower wand. Okay, no problem, we'll just put the shower wand up into the little wall bracket and take a shower. But there was no bracket. We were expected to shower by sitting in the tub -- much like I did in my first trip to Rome when I stayed in a hostel after college. We were paying 650 euros a night for a "deluxe suite" and I was reduced to taking a hostel-level shower? Still, I found a way to point the flex-shower nozzle toward the wall while I was standing and found a way to bend at the waist slightly so I could take what I would describe as a "camping shower." When I brought this up to the woman at the front desk, I was hoping she would apologize, or move us to another suite that did have a shower, but instead said, "you should have asked for a shower when you booked." Her response is why I definitely could never recommend this hotel, it is because the staff is not up to a luxury hotel level. The staff has "rules" that they are following, but they don't understand customer service at all. As a tiny example, the hotel is energy conscious (which is obviously a good thing) and you have to slide your key into a slot in the wall for the lights to come on. That's no problem. However, when you leave the room, you can't charge your phone or your iPad because ALL the power goes off. So, in order to combat this problem, you have to leave a key in the slot to make sure you can charge your phone, which, of course, defeats the energy saving initiative of the hotel. The next problem is that the cleaning staff REMOVES the key from the slot, which DRAINS all of your devices. The easy fix would be to have one dedicated outlet for charging phones -- but the hotel does not even provide an easily accessible power outlet. You have to move a console or a desk, get on your hands and knees and just pray that your remember to get your phone charging cord that is behind a bed or a desk. Still, the staff doesn't even acknowledge that this could be a problem -- no one offered an extension cord or thought that a traveler to a luxury hotel might want to charge their phone while enjoying their vacation. I asked each morning if the front desk could contact housekeeping and see if they could leave the card in the wall, but alas, it never worked. Sure, these are small things. But we had just come from the Charlotte Street hotel in London, where the staff could not do enough, think hard enough, or work hard enough to please the guests. If The First Hotel wants to be worthy of their beautiful design and high prices -- they had better train their staff to consider their customers.

Room Tip: Go to the Hotel Russe across Piazza Del Popolo and see what a real luxury hotel is like. That's...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Ed D
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
In relation to the layout of our bathrooms I would like to point out that due to the exclusive nature of The First Luxury Art Hotel, each of our 29 suites has its own unique configuration. We, therefore, offer accommodations that feature bathtubs, showers, and even Jacuzzi tubs. We are pleased to inform you that we are already in the process of installing wall brackets above the bathtubs for the convenience of our guests.
I would also like to point out that we do endeavor to minimize energy consumption in accordance with the environmentally friendly culture of this property. Following your constructive comments we have advised our maintenance team to isolate the power outlets in all our Suites so that guests may leave their electronic devices to charge uninterrupted.
In conclusion, I would like to express my deep concern regarding the service challenges you encountered during your stay. I have taken the liberty of sharing your feedback with the rest of the hotel management team and I would like to assure you that we have taken all necessary steps to avoid such incidents in the future.
At this point I would like to highlight that we have invested in a young upbeat and enthusiastic team that tries to anticipate guest needs exceed expectations and offer a seamless experience. We are always striving to become better and it is feedback like yours that points us to the right direction.
I feel confident in saying that we have a great hotel and I would appreciate the opportunity in proving this to you. We do hope that this is in order and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The First Luxury Art hotel Rome in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

ELEFTHERIOS KAVIERIS
Front Desk Manager

THE FIRST
Luxury Art Hotel Roma

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I prefer contemporary hotels; Rome is a difficult place to find them. Luckily, travelers have the First Luxury Art Hotel.

We stayed at the hotel in May for five days; we were well taken care by an attentive staff and our suite was lovely. The quirky art throughout the hotel is worth the visit. The hotel is on a small street so there isn't any noise but it is within easy walking distance to the Piazza de Popolo and the Spanish Steps. In fact, we only took two cabs once we were in Rome.

FY: Our breakfast was included in our package but it would be pricey for travelers without the package. The spa isn't open yet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlencoeJoan
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the First Luxury Art Hotel and I can only say that there is nothing we can reproach to this hotel. Service, room, location, design... It was all perfect. We did not try the hotel restaurant. We had to go back to Roma last week, the First Luxury Art was full and we had to go to another hotel... Trust me when I tell you that it was not as good an experience as at the First. So, should you look for a hotel near Spagna, Condotti and all the marvellous piazzas of Rome, should you feel like having a perfect love to love trip, do not hesitate !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elise_paris
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in Rome. The hotel is newly renovated in an elegant and tasteful style and located on walking distance to many of the historic buildings and monuments in Rome. It’s also easy to find a number of nice restaurants and trattorias in the area.

The reception staff was very friendly and welcoming and upgraded us to a wonderful suite. We found our suite very tasteful and luxurious decorated with a spacious and sparkling marble bathroom, a nice lounge with a fireplace and a very comfortable and quiet bedroom. The suite was equipped with free Wi-Fi and two large LED-screen TVs.

The breakfast with a wide choice of Italian salamis, cheeses, cornettos, pastries and prosciutto was lovely.

We found all of the hotel staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Needless to say but we had a very pleasant stay at The First Luxury Art Hotel in Rome.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrandMrsPetersson
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Recently stayed at the First Luxury Arts hotel and the location was brilliant. Size of room was tiny for £255/night ($400 USD) which was very pricey not including breakfast. not sure i would return given apart from the bed, not much else fit. very modern bathrooms though not enough lights in bedroom or bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple