“Perfect Rome B&B”

and 1 more site!
Guest Haus Praetorium
Ranked #704 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here at Guest Haus Praetorium for 2 nights in mid April 2013. We walked to it from Termini Station in under 10 minutes and found the area to be safe and quite classy down the Via del Castro Praetorio road. It's the North side of the Termini Station which is said to be much safer than the South side. We met the lovely owner Emiliano at the door of the building and he helped us upstairs and into the B&B. He provided us with a map of Rome and hotspots to visit, the keys for access to the building and our room/bathroom, he gave us fresh towels -- and even dashed out and came back with a bottle of sparkling wine and bottles of water for us as we were celebrating. We had the orange room and we were so pleased by the standard of cleanliness. Our bathroom was cleaned everyday...and we used our mini fridge to keep our wine cooled. We found the WIFI to run smoothly and were able to skype our family and friends with ease. Every morning we walked around the corner to a lovely cafe and had croissants and coffee with our free breakfast tokens. We highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I think it is only fair that someone tell the truth about this place. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because it was clean and the guy running it was nice and trying. Some of my complaints may or may not matter to you but at least it is the truth. In order of least to most important is the following...

No trash can in room or refrigerator (Mentioned in another review)

1 very flat pillow and a mattress that on indents an 1/8th of an inch. Hard

4 keys to get in...1 for the huge door to enter the building in the not great neighborhood. 1 to get into the floor, one to get into the room and 1 to get into the bathroom.

The keys to the doors to the room and bathroom have to be used on both sides so middle of the night bathroom run takes 8 key experiences.

The bathroom is down a common hall. So in middle of night how you look is for anyone who comes out of their room to use their locked bathroom can see.

Internet is hit /miss and weak.

Top of the list! Those references to the little bit of noise is crazy. Never in my life have I heard so much noise. This has to be the busiest street in Rome. The noise was so loud that through earplugs and a pillow, it took 2 sleeping pills to win sleep. Noise continued until 2 in the morning and started at 6am! It was so bad that I recorded it on my phone because I didn't think anyone would believe how loud it was. It must have been the main path for police cars to go screaming by.

At 8am someone in the building started hammering and at 8:30 there was riveting or jack hammering happening on the wall outside. It was so bad that we actually started laughing that we were stuck in such a ridiculously bad situation.

Now you can decide which of these things you don't mind and decide accordingly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found this on hostelworld.com, but it certainly is not a hostel. Rather, it is a very well run Bed and Breakfast

This is a FABULOUS place to stay. I cannot say enough good things about my experience at Guest Haus. I am a 20 year old student who wanted a CLEAN and safe place to stay with 3 friends for 4 days during a spring break study abroad trip to Rome. Guest Haus far exceeded my expectations, especially for the veryyyyy low price!

We stayed in the 4 person room- 3 girls and 1 boy. The room was much more spacious than we expected and had an amazing, big bathroom! The room was spotless on arrival (I am a germ freak so this was really important to me). Someone came in and cleaned daily, made our beds, replaced the toilet paper and gave us freshly washed towels. The owner, Emiliano, also provided shampoo, conditioner, body soap, sink soap, and a blowdryer. The beds were also perfectly comfortable.

Being around the Termini is also a huge advantage because all of the busses and trains to go anywhere in Rome leave straight from there. The subway system in Rome couldn't be easier. Same goes for the busses. Getting to all the major tourist spots took 15 minutes or less.

I looked forward to coming back to the room every night after walking around for over 7 hours. Guest Haus became our cute little home away from home. It was very easy to fall asleep in a safe and quiet area.

Due to RyanAir craziness, we arrived 2 hours late to our scheduled check in time, and had no way to contact the owner, Emiliano to let him know we would be late. Nevertheless, when we arrived he was there to greet us at the b&b front door IMMEDIATELY, totally welcoming and not put off in the slightest. He gave us great directions on how to get places and always had a smile on his face throughout our whole trip.

The free breakfast is also really good at a cute coffee shop around the corner. I had delicious croissants and coffee, all included with the room price.

Also, on our last day, we weren't leaving Rome until 3pm, and even though check out time was earlier than that, Emiliano allowed us to leave our things securely in his office for the day!

I'm 100% positive that this is one of the very best deals you can find in Rome on a budget. STAY HERE, you will not regret it one bit.

Room Tip: The 4 person room was big- one queen size bed and 2 twin size bunk beds
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We as a family of 4 adults had a great stay in Guest Haus Praetorium. Emiliano is a great host , he was on time to meet with us, the place is super clean and tidy. Its much better than the pictures, and better than we expected. The bathroom is separate, but only for each rooms use with your own key. The location is just 2 min walk from termini which is center for transportation, had a breakfast in cafe robert just next street. Hope to stay again for my next trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just got back from a weekend stay in Roma at the Guest Haus Praetorium, and I only have AMAZING things to say about it! First of all, our flight came in super late, and with advanced notice via email, Emiliano agreed to check us in at MIDNIGHT with NO extra charges!! He was there when we got in, and showed us everything we needed to know for the night. He even let us wait until morning (when we weren't so exhausted) to pay and do the more formal check-in procedures. In addition, Emiliano is a great "tour guide," he let us know what forms of transportation we needed to take to get to ALL the tourist attractions, and gave us multiple maps! The room itself--we stayed in the blue, quad room--was beautiful and clean! In our private bathroom was everything we would possibly need: toilet paper, towels, a blowdryer, hand soap, even shampoo/conditioner and body wash in the shower! Our rooms were cleaned both days (and I mean deep cleaned, and towels were replaced), and the first day, they left us chocolates on our pillow! Breakfast every morning was lovely as well, at local bars around the block! The only negative thing I could say is that the beds are very firm, but that really didn't bother me much. Basically, for less than the price of a hostel (starving abroad students over here), we felt like we were staying in a nice hotel with AMAZING SERVICE! If I am ever in Roma again, I KNOW I will be staying at Emiliano's Guest Haus Praetorium!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great service, absolutely clean, good location, good space, good heating.
Private bathroom outside the room. Basic but enough breakfast on a coffee shop on the same block.
The only negative topic is that the rooms that face the street can be very noisy during the night.

Room Tip: If possible try to get a room that doesnt face the street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This Guest Haus is very well located and very cute and very clean.

I felt like home there!

Emiliano and the girls who works there are very good people and can give good tips and tell you how to get around!

Also, ask Emiliano to indicate Giuseppe Tratoria, where I had the best Carbonara and friends in Rome.

Thanks Guest Haus team for everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo