“Poor Service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food & Drink quality is ok. Amenities are clean which one can not expect everywhere in Rome. But prices & services are poor. There's a 10% service charge on everything you order and at the end the waiter tells you that his tip is not included in the service charge and that he expects a tip. This just made me laugh....I would not recommend this Bistro.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Pizza and pasta tasted like just taken out of the freezer, watery and without any taste at all. Dirty below and on the tables. Latin music played which sounded nice but was not suitable for this historic Roman surroundings. The waiter was friendly and attentive though. We made the same common mistake as menioned earlier and followed our empty stomachs and exhausted feet... Go a few meters further!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quick bite to eat and stopped into this restaurant thinking it looked clean and comfortable. The waiter seemed friendly enough (although in one of those greasy ways) and we set out to order. The food prices were okay (€9-12 for pasta) and we ordered drinks--a water and two caffes. When the bill came, we were shocked to see that such a small meal cost €45. It turns out that the water was €5 (only €1.50 the night before at a fancy restaurant) and the caffes were €6 each (we asked for the "small", which was supposed to be €3). So €17 for drinks alone that would normally cost maybe €8 at most reputable places. What's even worse is that despite a 10% "servizio", the waiter had the audacity to point out that the bill did not include a tip and that he was expecting one. He then proceeded to stare at us as we collected our change.

We left no extra tip and ran out with him following behind us.

€45 (approx. $60) for some bland pasta, two caffes, and water. Don't make the same mistake we made!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stay as far away from this place as you can. The pizza was absolutely the worst pizza I have ever eaten and I don't mean just in Italy but the worst ever! The staff was rude and didn't care one bit when I complained. The only comment they made was " I didn't make it sir" they are also way over priced. I have had meals a hundred times better in Italy and at more than half the price. We thought we were far enough from the coliseum to avoid getting ripped off but I guess we were wrong. I cannot emphasize enough how bad this place is. I only wish I could give a lower score than 1.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overprice, bad service and terrible people. You will definitely regret for coming in.

This is the worst restaurant I ever been to. One simple English breakfast cost me €18 per pax and a drink about €5. On top of that, they charge 10% service charge and they will expect you to pay tips. They will come to u and SAY tips is not included.
We were not allowed to eat their ice cream in the restaurant after spending €70 because we ordered it for take away.
They behave like they have never seen money before and they are very desperate for it.