“Wonderful time”

$114.54*
Wine Tasting Dinner in Rome
Ranked #1 of 64 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Let me start off by saying that this was one of my favorite experiences while in Italy. Our guide, Kate met us at Tiber Island, and we set off on a wonderful eating adventure through the beautiful streets of Trastevere. This is an amazing little area, that is not highly packed like all the other "attractions" in Rome. Kate's ability to speak about the area and history made the experience all that much better. There are no words to describe the quality of the food in the quaint little family owned restaurants. They tell you to wear comfortable shoes, and you really should, but another little tidbit of knowledge to bring with you, is to come hungry!

1  Thank JackRoe
There are newer reviews for Eating Italy Food Tours

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband, 14-year-old son and I went on the Trastevere Twilight tour on our first day in Rome. It was wonderful. Our guide was Kate and she made the tour very interesting and informative. Joining Kate was Sarah. Sarah was more knowledgeable about wines and acted as the sommelier during the portion of the tour where we visited a restaurant's wine cellar. I can highly recommend either of these ladies as your tour guide.

We saw beautiful sections of Rome that we would never have thought to visit if we had not taken the tour. Not only do you get to try wonderful foods but you also visit places and learn interesting facts about the Trastevere section of Rome.

It has been a few weeks since we returned from our trip and writing this review makes me want to return and do the tour again!

1  Thank HylaTreeFrog
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I went on a daytime food tour of Trastevere. We went to small food shops that had been passed down from many generations. There were a variety of special interest things - the Roman pyramid. Lots of walking, lots of laughing - Bo's a charmer, and more food than you can shake a stick at. I've been on a few food tours and this one was well worth the time and euros! News flash - all gelato is not created equally, more will be revealed on the tour.

1  Thank Sam K
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found this tour on tripadvisor and my husband and I did the Trastevere Twilight tour today. Our guide Anna was amazing. She was knowledgeable, interesting and fun (and very stylish :) ). Her bubbly personality set the great mood for the tour, and her passion and love for Rome is contagious. She was very easy to talk to. I asked bunch of questions and she answered them all.
The tour was also very useful, I am glad we did it at the beginning of our stay at Rome. The number of choices when it comes to restaurants is overwhelming, but we now have expert recommendations on where to eat.
The food on the tour was delicious, and it's definitely more than "tasting and sampling". Also a lot of good wine. Great experience all together. We enjoyed it immensely, and we highly recommend it.

1  Thank JovanaHelms
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a wonderful and innovative way to spend half a day in Rome, eating one's way around a non touristy quarter of Rome. The group size was just right, a baker's dozen and our guide, Bo was both knowledgeable and entertaining. We started with an Italian's typical breakfast and four hours and many stops later finished with guess what? Gelato (sounds and tastes better than icecream).
I'd often felt ripped off in many restaurants in Rome but this gave us a chance to eat like the romans in their own homes (particularly in the market). We even got to meet and chat with the locals doing their shopping. They also managed to include the foreigner's cemetry which was interesting and something I'd seen recommended in the guide books.

1  Thank tamar839