“Great Experience”

Eating Italy Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 66 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found this tour on tripadvisor and my husband and I did the Trastevere Twilight tour today. Our guide Anna was amazing. She was knowledgeable, interesting and fun (and very stylish :) ). Her bubbly personality set the great mood for the tour, and her passion and love for Rome is contagious. She was very easy to talk to. I asked bunch of questions and she answered them all.
The tour was also very useful, I am glad we did it at the beginning of our stay at Rome. The number of choices when it comes to restaurants is overwhelming, but we now have expert recommendations on where to eat.
The food on the tour was delicious, and it's definitely more than "tasting and sampling". Also a lot of good wine. Great experience all together. We enjoyed it immensely, and we highly recommend it.

1  Thank JovanaHelms
Write a ReviewReviews (4,091)
All reviews
"four hours"
in 83 reviews
in 51 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a wonderful and innovative way to spend half a day in Rome, eating one's way around a non touristy quarter of Rome. The group size was just right, a baker's dozen and our guide, Bo was both knowledgeable and entertaining. We started with an Italian's typical breakfast and four hours and many stops later finished with guess what? Gelato (sounds and tastes better than icecream).
I'd often felt ripped off in many restaurants in Rome but this gave us a chance to eat like the romans in their own homes (particularly in the market). We even got to meet and chat with the locals doing their shopping. They also managed to include the foreigner's cemetry which was interesting and something I'd seen recommended in the guide books.

1  Thank tamar839
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I went with Bo on a culinary walking tour of Trastevere at twilight. We ate and drank our way through the streets of the old city of Rome. Bo was a knowledgeable and entertaining tour guide. We had a wine tasting in the celler of an ancient synagogue, we toured a pizzeria with an oven fired by hazelnut shells that had the best pizza ever(sold by the pound) and to top it off, gelato of course. Bo explained the difference between the real stuff and the commercial. It became a game for the rest of the trip to figure out where to find "real" gelato. This was a great experience and something totally different to do once you've seen enough basilicas and museums. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank leslieTolep
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Met up with our tour guide, Jean luc for a 10:30 am start. Our group was a full dozen, which was small enough to feel fully engaged with the guide and the host stores and restaurants. I wont give a detailed itinerary as its listed on Trip advisor, but I will say that it was as advertised. Great food, fun company and enough local history to stimulate but not bore. The only suggestion I would make would be to add more beverages to the agenda. Take this tour, you wont be sorry!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'll preface this by saying I don't really like organised tours and also had found food in Rome disappointing before, mainly because I didn't know where to go & the city really does cater for the masses.
This tour was excellent for several reasons, it was small enough to be initimate, was off the beaten track so less tourists & it introduced us to local business, quality produce and amazing food.
I booked the night before, although they were full, they helped me squeeze on to the 10:30 tour with Gian Luca who was fantastic, heaps of energy, full of fun & knowledgeable about the Testaccio area. The seven places we visited were great, the deli and markets were a highlight. They also gave us a leaflet of recommendations of restaurants near particular sights, we tried a pizza place in Travastere & it was the best I've had in Rome.
Can't recommend this tour enough.