Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Eating Europe Food Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Eating Europe Food Tours
from $92.60
from $75.20
from $79.80
from $101.80
4,417 results
All reviews testaccio tour pasta gelato wine cellar suppli porchetta taste of testaccio food tour testaccio neighborhood twilight tour twilight trastevere italian food non catholic cemetery food stops walking food tour prosciutto roman cuisine four hours
Reviewed 2 days ago

I wanted to be sure that I enjoyed all the food that Rome had to offer and signed up to do the Twilight Trastevere neighborhood and I am so glad that I did. I was on a solo trip so I figured it would be the best way to share a meal with others. The group I was with was such a joy to meet and interact with, I even met people from my neighborhood back home in the Americas. We ate at a total of 7 different establishments and I enjoyed each and EVERY bite and experience. Our guide was informative and very friendly. I would do this tour all over again. It was worth every penny and I fell in love with the neighborhood, I even walked back the next day on my own.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We had such a nice morning with Gigi! So many tasty treats & secret local spots that we wouldn’t have found on our own. My partner & I are vegetarian, which was catered for perfectly.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Our meeting place for the tour was very convenient in reference to our hotel. Unknown to us at the time, to reach the meeting place, we walked across the oldest still standing bridge in Rome- Caesar & Cleopatra had walked there!

Our Tour Guide, Chris, was very friendly and very knowledgeable about Rome and our tour. On your own as a tourist, most people would never have found, let alone entered, the food establishments which we visited. Our guide has dual citizenship in Italy and USA- part of his family lives in Italy.

The tour was a touch bittersweet for Chris, as this was to be his last tour; he would be going "home" to the USA in a few weeks. We enjoyed how close he was to the business owners of our tour- bidding each of them a "goodbye for now".
We learned about real mozzarella (YUM!), fell in love with a Sangiovese in an ancient underground wine cellar, and had the BEST Gelato. Chris explained to us what to look for in a great Gelato.

This tour really was the frosting on the cake for our 3 night visit to Rome. We stayed here for the 3 nights pre-cruise and were very happy that we did! It was our fist time to Europe. This was me, my husband and our Aunt.

Reviewed 4 days ago

The tour we went on was "Taste of Testaccio". Four family members went and we all loved the tour and the guide Domenico Scola. We stopped at 6-8 food locations, including a place to sample italian salamis/hams. various pastas, rice balls, wines, gelatos, etc Domenico walked us through the neighborhood and he seemed to know everyone. In addition to the taste of the foods we got a taste of roman neighborhood life. After visiting the mandatory sites - Vatican, forum, Colosseum - this was a great diversion. Well worth the cost

EatingEuropeTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Eating Europe Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you so much for joining us on our Taste Of Testaccio Food Tour! We really enjoyed hosting you, and we’re glad you liked our guide Domenico – we're very happy to have him on our team! We hope you’ll come eat with us again soon in another one of our European cities – Amsterdam, London, Florence, Paris or Prague.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We make a habit of food tour experiences when we visit different countries. Signed up for a tour through Eating Europe when we were in Rome. Chose the Twilight Trastevere Small Group Tour. So glad we did, and very fortunate to have Michele as our guide. Besides being a Sommelier, he has a great personality and is willing to take the time to explain all aspects of the tour.
Trastevere gets you out of the tourist hot spots and into a real Italian neighborhood. Small family owned restaurants. Great variety on the tour, and many locations. Antipasto, sweets, pizza, street food, pasta, and of course gelato. Did I mention great wines and even some local beer. Come hungry, and ready for a good time.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Excellent experience in Trastevere with Dario. The knowledge and passion of both the food and local area was clear to see. A++

EatingEuropeTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Eating Europe Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you so much for joining us on our Trastevere Street Eats food tour! We really enjoyed hosting you, and we’re glad you liked our guide Dario – we're lucky to have him on our team. We hope you’ll come eat with us again soon in another one of our European cities – Amsterdam, Florence, London, Paris or Prague.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Today we enjoyed the Trastevere Food Tour with our very knowledgable and friendly guide Michele. All the food was amazing and we were really warmly welcomed at all the places. Our guide told a lot of background stories about the lively neighborhood and also provided us with excellent information about the dishes and recipes from the food that we tasted. Nice variety, good portions and great food and wine/beer pairings. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a wonderful time on the tour with Domenico as our guide. Our small group of six had the personal attention of the proprietors at each of the six stops on our tour. Mt wife and I especially like the pasta stop and the gelato location. And while it was raining off and on, we still had fun, and there was plenty of food!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Time flew by on this four hour tour of the edible (and drinkable) treasures of Trestevere. Jt was a great way to see the neighborhood and get to try a wide variety of foods and drinks. You will not need dinner after this tour, if anything, you may want to walk some more to burn off some more calories.

Our guide, Luca, got us started by having everyone introduce themselves to the group. Luca was very engaging and entertaining throughout the four hour tour, referring to each of us by name, and obviously having a great rapport with the shopkeepers, bakers, and restauranteurs we visited throughout the tour. I would highly recommend this tour, especially with Luca.

1  Thank B2137PMdaves
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We spent 10 days in Europe, and this was my favourite activity!! We only had one day in Rome, and chose to do this 4-hour food tour. We were not disappointed!

Our tour guide was Luca and he was very funny, gave us lots of historical information in a fun way, and was extremely friendly and welcoming. His English was perfectly clear. He brought us to small family-owned spots which were “off the beaten path”. These were not tourist traps - they provided authentic Roman food. It was nice to get out of the busy tourist areas where people are always trying to sell you things.

I was worried that on a 4-hour food tour we would be sick of walking. I was pleasantly surprised. There were many stops where we got to sit down and rest, and the distance between each stop was not very far. Other than the rain, we didn’t mind the walk at all. The streets were beautiful - what a nice area.

The food was AMAZING!! We would never have found these food items on our own. There was a lot of variety (appetizers, pizza, pasta, bread, cheese, pork, cookies, gelato, etc) and plenty of wine.

We were on the tour with 6 other people and we all had a great time together.

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Rome!

2  Thank smhowarth
EatingEuropeTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Eating Europe Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for joining us on our Twilight Trastevere Food Tour! We really enjoyed hosting you, and we’re glad you liked our guide Luca and all the "off the beaten path" shops where you got to taste some authentic Roman food! We hope you’ll come eat with us again soon in another one of our European cities - Amsterdam, Florence, London, Paris or Prague.