“Great experience”

Eating Italy Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 67 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friends and I decided (last minute) to sign up for this food tour (the Taste of Tessacio tour) and it was a great decision. The tour took us through the food history and life experiences of shop and restaurant owners of this neighborhood, all the while eating lots of great food. After a few days of eating from Trip Adviser recommends and guide books, it was great to be eating (1) "off the beaten path" and (2) reasonably priced but delicious food. Overall, it's a great way to spend a morning and my friends and I were wishing we had done this tour in the beginning of our time in Rome as opposed to at the end. Our guide also provided a lot of great suggestions for other neighborhoods as well. I would do the Trestavere tour if I come back and would definitely come back to the places we were introduced to during this tour.

A few quick things. If you miss breakfast, there is a cafe right by the meeting point that serves up a great cappuccino (1 Euro) and pastries (1 Euro) which you can enjoy if you arrive a little early. It's a good idea to bring water to drink while working (and also to clean out your mouth between tastings).

Write a ReviewReviews (4,125)
All reviews
in 84 reviews
"salami"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We absolutely loved this tour! My boyfriend hates to do tours and touristy things when we travel but I managed to talk him into this and he loved it! Sarah was so knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun! I loved that we hardly saw any tourists in Testaccio - the tour covers off real foodie havens. All food consumed was outstanding! An it really helps set the scene of the area - we learnt so much.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all our tour guide Sarah was amazing! Now If your contemplating if you should do this tour or not because of price. Don't let that be the reason you don't do this tour. It is so worth every penny! My husband is very frugal and we almost didn't book this tour. My husband really felt like he got way more then his money's worth. On TA we read an other review that you must do this tour you first days in Rome. So glad we did because this amazing tour not only gives you a true taste for authentic Italian food but also teaches you how not to fall for tourist food traps. Even though your swept away with Italy beauty if you don't know any better you can defiantly eat bad food here if you don't know any better. Who wants that on a vacation. Sarah our tour guide was so knowledgeable and welcoming. You do quite a bit of walking on the tour but nothing strenuous. We made plenty of stops for our delicious food tastings. Seriously there wasn't one place we stopped to eat at that wasn't mind blowing good. I'm a huge history nerd and loved all the great history Sarah thought us about our surrounding as we walked to our next food tasting. At each stop you learn about the food and history. Never a dull moment and the food left us so full and happy! Your provided a map of all the places you toured and some suggestions to other restaurants through out Rome. We loved the restaurants so much that we went back several times through out our honeymoon in Rome. We loved our experience with Eating Italy. You must do this tour!! You will come back from your trip impressing your friends and family with all the amazing knowledge you have on authentic Italian cuisine.

1  Thank Jeannette G
Reviewed March 21, 2013

in March our party of four was THRILLED to attend the Trestavere tour - was full of suprises!!!! don't want to give any of it away, but we were all so pleased with the food, drinks, and special content of the evening... highlight of ROME 3 days. Thanks to Eating Italy Food Tours - highly recommended!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Imagine 4 hours of amazing food, fun, culture, history and great people oh and MORE FOOD!!!... This tour was led by Kenny the owner and last week I was fortunate enough to get onto his Twilight Trastevere evening food tour. It was a nice intimate group - 9 people and he took us through the gorgeous cobbled stone streets and showed us some hidden gems - like the biscuit shop which has been run by generations of wondeful women, the bakery with the 200 year old oven and Pipo the pizza maker he was adorable. The old wine cellar which is part of the oldest synagogue, the antique pharmacy for the popes WOW!!! The ravioli from Leo and the gourmet basil, walnut and honey gelato YUMMY! And there was my favourite - jewish artichokes made with love by Francesco!! The BEST you'll ever find. I would this all over again in a heart beat!

2  Thank JulietRR