“Must do this amazing tour day 1 of your trip to Rome!”

Eating Italy Food Tours
Rome Food Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 66 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all our tour guide Sarah was amazing! Now If your contemplating if you should do this tour or not because of price. Don't let that be the reason you don't do this tour. It is so worth every penny! My husband is very frugal and we almost didn't book this tour. My husband really felt like he got way more then his money's worth. On TA we read an other review that you must do this tour you first days in Rome. So glad we did because this amazing tour not only gives you a true taste for authentic Italian food but also teaches you how not to fall for tourist food traps. Even though your swept away with Italy beauty if you don't know any better you can defiantly eat bad food here if you don't know any better. Who wants that on a vacation. Sarah our tour guide was so knowledgeable and welcoming. You do quite a bit of walking on the tour but nothing strenuous. We made plenty of stops for our delicious food tastings. Seriously there wasn't one place we stopped to eat at that wasn't mind blowing good. I'm a huge history nerd and loved all the great history Sarah thought us about our surrounding as we walked to our next food tasting. At each stop you learn about the food and history. Never a dull moment and the food left us so full and happy! Your provided a map of all the places you toured and some suggestions to other restaurants through out Rome. We loved the restaurants so much that we went back several times through out our honeymoon in Rome. We loved our experience with Eating Italy. You must do this tour!! You will come back from your trip impressing your friends and family with all the amazing knowledge you have on authentic Italian cuisine.

1  Thank Jeannette G
Write a ReviewReviews (4,062)
All reviews
in 83 reviews
"salami"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2013

in March our party of four was THRILLED to attend the Trestavere tour - was full of suprises!!!! don't want to give any of it away, but we were all so pleased with the food, drinks, and special content of the evening... highlight of ROME 3 days. Thanks to Eating Italy Food Tours - highly recommended!!!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Imagine 4 hours of amazing food, fun, culture, history and great people oh and MORE FOOD!!!... This tour was led by Kenny the owner and last week I was fortunate enough to get onto his Twilight Trastevere evening food tour. It was a nice intimate group - 9 people and he took us through the gorgeous cobbled stone streets and showed us some hidden gems - like the biscuit shop which has been run by generations of wondeful women, the bakery with the 200 year old oven and Pipo the pizza maker he was adorable. The old wine cellar which is part of the oldest synagogue, the antique pharmacy for the popes WOW!!! The ravioli from Leo and the gourmet basil, walnut and honey gelato YUMMY! And there was my favourite - jewish artichokes made with love by Francesco!! The BEST you'll ever find. I would this all over again in a heart beat!

2  Thank JulietRR
Reviewed March 20, 2013

People have written reviews in great detail, but all I can say is wow wow wow, I never do organised tours and this was very different and off the beaten track in Rome, my highlight was the carbonara plus the historic walks. Would I recommend yes, was it the highlight of my 4 day stay, yes!!!!!

2  Thank Murphy1974
See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had been living in Rome for a few months when I went on an Eating Italy Food Tour. I went on a newly added Trastevere Tour and my friend and I had an amazing time. It was a great way to experience the hole in the wall restaurants that we wouldn't have been able to find on our own. Hearing the stories as we went from stop to stop was great and truly added to the experience. We even went to an extremely old pharmacy that felt like the set of a Sherlock Holmes movie. It was unexpected and truly made the tour one a kind. Coming from Minnesota I have wanted to get the most out of my experience in Rome and this tour accomplished that for me. I highly recommend it!

2  Thank Rebecca D