“Fun and Delicious”

$114.00*
Rome Wine and Food Stroll
Ranked #1 of 64 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

After doing my "travel research" for a recent trip to Rome, I found this tour and all the rave reviews about it. Signed up, and was not disappointed at all! The tour was one of the most fun days I spent in Rome.

The tour is held in the Testaccio neighborhood of Rome. From the Termini, the easiest way to get there is the Metro line B, and get off at the Pyramide stop. From there, it is about a 5-10 minute walk, less than a mile. I loved this area - not many tourists at all, a little "rough and tumble" but certainly safe. Arrived at the meeting spot, and met our guide Domenico, who was lively, fun, informative, and does a great Mick Jagger imitation!

The alotted amount of time was perfect. We strolled to different shops, listened to great information about the area and the selected food, and had delicious samples. I was glad to take this tour 2 days after arriving in Rome - had plenty of time to use what I learned about the area and the food. We received a map and names of the shops and markets we stopped at. We even made a stop at the Non Catholic Cemetary, which was calm, tranquil, and very beautiful. The amount of walking was perfect, especially after eating. It really was the perfect balance of eating, walking, learning, and getting to know a great area of Rome.

Most of all, this tour is an incredible value for the price. I checked out several other food tours, all ranging from 100-350 Euros. At 65 Euros, this tour was a bargain. This really is an essential tour for anyone visiting Rome. Very well planned and thought out. Great work Domenico and Kenny, the owner and founder.

There are newer reviews for Eating Italy Food Tours

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This little tour was at the very end of a 2 week vacation packed with tours in Greece, Israel, Eygpt, Naples and Amalfi. This by far was what I enjoyed the most. Sarah is a great tour guide, she made me feel confortable in Rome, when I had only been there for 2 hours! I haven't done food tours in other cities but I will now, I wonder if they all include a tour of a cemetary? Haha!
If I get back to Rome, I would definatelyl return to the neighborhood we toured and try some of the restaurants that Eating Italy reccomends, that we didn't get to visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We took the Food Tour with Domenico and we had a blast! Great guide, delicious food, great places and wow wow wow! It was simply the best 4 hours we have ever spent in a city! We have tasted so many new things and we learned so much! I recommend and I would do it again when we go back to Rome!!!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

LOVED seeing how the true Romans shop and eat. Sara was our tour guide and she was awesome. It was fun, educational and delicious all at the same time. HIGHLY recommend doing if you like something a bit off the beaten path.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I originally booked this tour so I would have something to do while my friends toured the Vatican, but then they read the reviews and wanted to join me. We are ALL delighted. Sarah was a wonderful guide and her love of the city, the people and the food of Rome was infectious. This is definitely a great introduction to Italian food and culture.