“Fun, interesting and great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Rome Food Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 61 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
New Jersey
“Fun, interesting and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Guides Kenny and Domenico led a most entertaining and fun tour that went way beyond tasting the delicious food Rome and Italy has to offer. On the tour, we tried the best Italian products, from San Danielle proscuitto, mozzarella di bufala, traditional pastas all the way to artisan gelato. Yum! In addition to the tastings, our guides filled us in on the frenzied Italian soccer culture, a bit of history and we even visited a few historic sites in the local and non-touristy Testaccio neighborhood. The guides and the tour seemed to have an instinctive feeling for the right balance between sampling the best foods and Italian history. Great tour!

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Really two tours in one - a delicious introduction to Roman cuisine and to the Testaccio neighbourhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

A friend who knows Rome very well recommended this tour to me. It was a great introduction to Roman food. I would recommend it to anyone who likes good food, but especially to someone who has been to Rome before, and is looking for an interesting way to learn about a less touristy part of the city. It would also be great to do at the beginning of your stay, as Kenny is a wealth of knowledge about the best places to dine in Rome, and is happy to offer recommendations that go beyond the spots covered on the tour.

Tully, New York
“Fantastic Food Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

My daughter and I truly enjoyed the Italy Food Tour in Rome. The variety of food was outstanding and the small size of the group meant that we each felt special and could ask questions. Kenny also took us to a surprise location (which I won't spoil in case you take the tour) which was fantastic. We learned so much and certainly did not find the walk strenuous at all. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who visits Rome--it is something different and a great deal of fun!

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When in Rome...eat like Romans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

My partner and I did this tour last week when we were in Rome. I'm a huge foodie and after the tour, my partner is now too.

The tour is not just about food, you also learn about the neighbourhood, the people who are serving up your food and the other people you take the tour with. The tastings easily make up a meal so don't worry about getting hungry afterwards. The tour is interesting, sociable and delicious.

Our guides were Kenny (also the owner) and Luna (who is charming) and as well as being friendly and interesting, they really know their food. So much so that we returned to the places from the tour on our last day in Rome. We also tried out some of the restaurants they recommended at the end of the tour and they were all fantastic. Luna also recommended some bars - all brilliant suggestions.

MAIN TIP, go as early as possible during your trip. The restaurant recommendations are fabulous and will stop you eating at the (unfortunately numerous) tourist traps in Rome. It will also help you pick out real gelato from the fake stuff, which is also prevalent in Rome.

1 Thank chatto1234
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Delicious, interesting, informative, FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I loved this. We sampled delicious food, learned so much about the neighborhood and history, met fun and interesting people, and had a wonderful time. I highly recommend it!

Visited February 2012