“Outstanding Pompeii Tour!”

Made In Italy Day Tours
Ranked #192 of 796 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Made in Italy Tours provides high quality tours all over Italy. We offer activities and tour packages to Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence, Naples, many other italian cities and the countryside. Our friendly online agents will offer the best travel packages that will suit your interests, as well as the best suggestions for your vacation trip. Our guides are fully licensed and speak fluent English.
Corona, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Outstanding Pompeii Tour!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have wanted to visit Pompeii ever since I was a kid, so when we finally got the chance on our trip to Italy, I wasn't going to try to see it by ourselves. We booked a tour with Made in Italy tours and Mimma was our guide. She was outstanding! She explained so many things that we would have missed on our own. She really brought the whole place to life! I would highly recommend using this tour company!

3 attraction reviews
“Great 2 days”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Booked 2 days of tours. From Naples met our driver Antonio dockside and were driven to Pompeii. Spent the morning with our guide who was VERY knowledgeable. Would not have attempted without him. He made it very fascinating. We pity the large groups who couldn't hear their guides. We were then driven to Vesuvius to hike to top. There is a separate admission charge, and yes, locals charge for WC. Driver then took us to Cantina del Vesuvio for wine tasting and lunch. Simply wonderful!! Outstanding and reasonably priced. Day 2 driven from Civitavecchia to Rome for 3 hour Forum and Colosseum tour. Maria was wonderful, knowledgeable, and showed images on iPad which helped us appreciate the history all around us. Both tours more than expected!

Sammamish, Washington
“Pompeii and Amalfi Coast”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our driver, Alex, was waiting fro us exactly at 7:30 am sharp! He talked about different sites as we headed from Rome to the Amalfi coast. Our family wound up sleeping for about 2 hours on the way there and the van was comfortable. Positano was beautiful and we had a nice lunch. Then a short drive to Pompeii where our tour guide. Loretta, was very passionate. She even sang opera for us to show how the acoustics worked. Overall a fabulous day, even for a family with two teens!

Visited August 2014
Plymouth, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“You Need A Guide !”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I arranged this Tour as a solo traveler based on TripAdvisor reviews and I'm glad I did! I've been traveling around Europe for over a month and I've only done one other short tour. Even if you know a lot about Pompeii, ancient history and Art, these excavations are vast and it helps enormously to have a history-minded guide ( like Gennaro ). You will see remarkably preserved temples, theatres, shrines, graffiti, brothels, gladiatorial quarters, homes, palaces and food stalls. Gennaro will give life and context to the lives of the populous of Pompeii ... Its politicians, proletariate, patricians, gladiators, prostitutes and slaves. Next year when I come back to Southern Italy with my daughter, I will definitely do this tour again! The driver, Enzo was also great...bottles of water provided and door to door car service from my hotel in Naples. Enzo told me about Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast on the way to the site. All said, I honestly did not believe I would need a guide for this but I would have been wrong and I'm glad I listened to TripAdvisor on this one. I would recommend this private tour for families or a small group of friends. I'll add to this that Pompeii has very little shelter from the sun and heat so you absolutely must wear a brimmed hat and or use an umbrella. I almost fainted. I felt really sick and thought I'd end up as just another casualty in the shadow of Vesuvius. There is a snack bar there and fountains to replenish your water supply. So, eat something, stay hydrated, wear a fedora, and listen carefully as Gennaro brings to life the ancient streets of this first century city.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank viacarrozza
Perth, Australia
“Entertaining, informative and value for money”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We booked 3 tours through Made In Italy tours for our group of 9.
We were very pleased with all 3 and appreciative that we were a private tour and not lost in a crowd.
Francesca was our guide in The Vatican. She was dynamic, fun and had great appeal for our teenagers as well as the older group members.
Patrizia was a wealth of knowledge at the Colloseum and was careful to keep us in the shade and hydrated through the hot afternoon.
Loretta was passionate and fascinating and she really brought ancient Pompeii alive again. Her beautiful rendition of O Sole Mio at the ampitheatre was a memorable experience.
Thanks also to Louise for her efficient correspondence and organisation of these tours.