“A Trip in Rome with a Roman”
Review of Rome with Marisa

Rome with Marisa
Ranked #234 of 807 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Rome with Marisa" provides Rome Private Tours for Indipendent Travellers (Italian and English). Each tour is provided by Marisa, archaeologist and qualified tourist guide. Discover Rome with a local guide!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Marisa provided my family and me a great tour of the Vatican and the historic sites of Rome. Her knowledge and enthusiasm was great. We were able to get a special tour of the Vatican and due to her credentials; our group never had to wait in line. Being a native of Rome, she provides many insights that others tour guides can not. Her stories about the coliseum and forum were great. Marisa is very flexible on her tours and was very attentive to my elderly parents. Seeing Rome through a roman’s eyes is the only way to go. Grazie Marisa!

mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Hi! Many thanks for the nice review!
It was a pleasure for me to arrange the Vatican Gardens tour for your family. It was so moving the emotion of your father during the Vatican tour. Thanks again, marisa

There are newer reviews for Rome with Marisa

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Marisa is a great guide! We spent two days with her visiting Vatican City, the colosseum, the roman forum and the pantheon. She had interesting information at every turn and answered any question eloquently. She was very sweet and passionate about the sites and their history. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank AKRaven9
mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

HI! Many thanks for your review :)
Despite of the weather, we did a nice tour!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 days in Rome with Marissa as our personal tour guide. She took us to see the ruins and told countless stories to help us understand just what it must have been like to live during the time of the Roman Empire. She took us counter to the traffic and provided us with a really interesting explanation of the main sights of the city.
Prior to arriving in Rome, we had been on a cruise and Marissa was kind enough to help us find guides in many of the ports along the way.
She is a wonderful guide and person!

Ann and James Curtis

mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Anne, many thanks for the review!
We spent 3 nice days together...we walked so much!
I'm glad you liked this experience, for me was very nice to meet you.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Of all our tours in Rome, Marisa was the best. She is relaxed, friendly and knowledgeable, all of which made for a wonderful morning and lunch with her. Her scheduling flexibility is an extremely welcome amenity. Her fee is standard (by Roman law) and although you pay a little more for a private vs. group tour it is WELL WORTH IT. I have already referred friends to her website. Thanks again, Marisa.

mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hi Jeff!

Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure for me to meet you and your wife..
It's so nice to walk around Trastevere in good company!
Thanks for recommending my website to your friend! :)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Marisa gave my wife and I an unforgettable tour of Rome, she is passionate and knowledgeable about all aspects of historical significance, very patient and friendly.
She had all the necessary tools on hand such as I-Pad and overlay book to convey the Architectural changes of Rome thru the ages.
Marisa and her driver made it so easy to access all the sites, with his skilful driving /parking and all tickets had been pre-purchased. She has a great sense of humour and we laughed throughout the tour.
We would highly recommend Marisa as THE tour guide extraordinaire!

Thank you Marisa - and driver!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear John,

It's rare to find smiling and nice clients as you! We laughed so much that I still smile at the memory of that day! It was very moving even to see your wife tears in the Sistine Chapel..
Come back soon in Rome ;)