“Private tour of the Vatican Museums was the best!”
Review of Rome with Marisa

Rome with Marisa
Ranked #233 of 797 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Rome with Marisa" provides Rome Private Tours for Indipendent Travellers (Italian and English). Each tour is provided by Marisa, archaeologist and qualified tourist guide. Discover Rome with a local guide!
Cupertino, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Private tour of the Vatican Museums was the best!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Marisa was wonderful! Not only was she waiting for us at the Museums, but her english was perfect, funny, extremely knowledgable. It was like going through the Vatican with a great friend. Next time we are in Roma we definitely would have her guide us around again. Three hours is not enough time, either go later in the season (we went in late September), or make more time.

Visited September 2012
mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi Kathrine, thanks for your nice review!!
I'm so glad that you have enjoyed my Vatican Museums guided tour! Everything ok here. Come back soon to discover more with me...this time without hurry, I'll be happy to offer you a good italian glass of wine!
Marisa

Coventry, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable and Interesting Tour Guide”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I arranged 2 four hour tours with specific emphasis on the period of the Roman Republic and was particulary keen to take in sites and experiences outside of the usual attractions. Marisa understood what we wanted and structured our tours accordingly, sorting tickets where necessary to avoid queues. I will certainly contact Marisa when I return to Rome and absolutely recommend her to any group.

Visited October 2012
mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks Marie for your review!
And many thanks even for give me the chance to share my knowledge with you, I'm happy when I meet someone so interested in the Ancient Rome.
Come back to Rome.

Marisa
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic tour with Marisa focused on our 8yr odl”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Marisa did an incredible job of making several hours at the coliseum and forum an incredible experience for our 8yr old and us at the same time. She met us at the metro stop, had tickets in hand, bypassing any line-ups and matched our pace wonderfully.

Her experience as an archaeologist was apparent through her stories and it was obvious she would have been equally comfortable in a very detailed tour as she was in making it very relevant for an 8yr old. (Our favourite was the 2000yr old graffiti carved into the marble)

I would call her again and wholeheartedly recommend her for families or adults. I wished I had booked her for another day!

Visited July 2012
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Rome of Renascence”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I had an excellent 3 hours guided tour in center Rome. As I have requested to see not touristic places of Rome concerning the period of Renascence, Marisa has organized well structured and well explained tour. three hours have run out very quick! Next time I would ask longer excursion, it was so interesting!

Visited March 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Couldnt have asked for better.”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

As part of a university archaeology society trip we got in touch with Marisa to take us on two tours in Rome. The first was the forum and coliseum and the second was a shorter one around the Basilica San Clemente. We honestly couldnt have asked for a better guide for both of these locations. Not only was she exceptionally friendly and informative but she had added insight for us due to her being an archaeologist herself.

If you are looking for a Roman guide who has actually studied archaeology and even took part in excavations of these incredible sites then skip the chancers on the street and look no further then Marisa.

Visited January 2012
mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the review! As I've written in the email , as an archaeologist, I was proud to be your guide in Rome! I felt among friends, and it was even moving for me to see how you much you were interested in the guided tour. A presto! marisa