“Tourist trap don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Da Tudini

Da Tudini
Ranked #9,306 of 12,165 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tourist trap don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Like the other reviews this restaurant looks very nice, and was close to our hotel after a long day walking around and we thought it would be ok. The starter was the poorest anti pasti we had had in Rome, the lasagna was fine but my calzone was very poor soggy wet and swimming in water from the cheese. and when I complained they said it is how calzone comes! Basically you are a punter they will never see again so they do not care what you think. They still charged the 15% service charge and did not remove anything from the bill

Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The place is the worst restaurant in Rome. Bad food and horrible service!
In my point of view is better you go to Termini station and to buy Mc'donalds

1 Thank Victor S
Munich, Germany
“DO NOT COME IN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is the worse Italy restaurant I've ever been so far, ever.
To be right point down first: DO NOT COME IN HERE.

I just ate this restaurant yesterday right here in Rome.
I also had a very bad impression for this restaurant, especially the service is really awful.

The worst one is, after the meal when we asked the bill, that they refused us to pay via credit card.
The funny thing is, I did ask them explicitly first before I came in, they answer me like "dont worry, just enjoy first."
So I came in.
The food is ok, at least eatable. But not as good as what it should be given the price and how the restaurant looks like.
Then in the end when I payed, they just became really mean to ask my money, it was like they thought I wanted to cheat on them.

I mean this is a "restaurant", not the vendors or someone roaming on the street and trying to sell you stuffs.

But another day when I came by, there were still full of the people inside, what is wrong in this world?

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank inonchiu
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Our own fault for not checking T/A”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We were tired and hungry from walking and shopping all day and stopped at the first place we saw.
Big mistake.

Menu printed in several languages is a sign of a tourist trap.

People out front begging you to come inside is another bad sign. Good restaurants don't need that help.

The service was good and the people were friendly. The food was mediocre at best. I assume the tortellini soup we had came out of 55 gallon drum.

When we were done and wanted to pay the bill a man told us they only took cash. He then told us there was an ATM across the street. I informed him we did not have enough cash and my credit card is not an ATM card. After several minutes they found a way to make the credit card work. Funny!

Barcelona, Spain
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This place was just disappointing in every possible way. Terrible service, bad food and highly overpriced. We ended up paying almost 40 euros for two soggy pizzas and two beers. Awful experience.

Visited December 2013

Been to Da Tudini? Share your experiences!