“Best time ever!!!!!!!!”
Review of Eddie's Fun Roma

Eddie's Fun Roma
Ranked #185 of 844 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the fun alternative to standard site seeing tours in Rome! We provide vacationers with a rare opportunity to experience Rome as a local resident. Our tours are specifically designed for introducing your group to locals who assist in providing an exciting and genuine adventure of their city. The most fun and fastest track to learn about a foreign city is by interacting with the people who live there. With Eddie’s Fun, we deliver you directly to the action!
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this tour for my wife and I based on my friends recommendation who toured with Eddie's Fun last summer. I'm new to trip advisor but I see that this companies rating is accurate. We had an excellent time! When we arrived to their office, we were extended a warm greeted by Alexa and we immediately felt comfortable. Everything from the beginning to the end was so detailed. Even the fireplace in their office was cozy. We did their main tour of sightseeing and eating in a beautiful "locals only" town. Martina was our guide, and we feel that we learned more from her personal life experiences in Rome than we learned from our whole trip. She made the sights and monuments come to life with her spin on how its history has impacted today's life. The main event of the tour was the sit down meal! EVERYTHING was hand-made and fantastic!!! After the meal, the tour was finished. Great job guys by putting the food at the end because I'm not sure how you can top that experience with more sight-seeing. The only not so great feature is that there are a lot of stairs to walk up before you get to the hill side town. It was fine for us because we got our exercise before the nice meal! I highly recommend this company for anyone who wants an amazing overview of Rome!

1  Thank marco antonio d

Reviewed January 25, 2013

There are some options to have a good stay in Rome but with those guys, the happiness, fun and perfect atmosphere are guarantee. It's really difficult to find such a good hostess to provide you the best time possible. I had joyful and unforgettable days with them. Congratulations guys! You are the best!

1  Thank JBCasali
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After reading the reviews this is the type of tour that I was looking for. I did not want your typical boring tour. I contacted Eddie's Fun via email and they answered all my questions very promptly. I am so glad our tour was on our second day in Rome. We met with Riccardo and he took us to all the spots where the locals go. Riccardo helped us bargain each time we bought something during the tour. The highlight was when we took the train and stopped in a little town outside of Rome, Marino. We had the most amazing lunch. To this day I have not been able to take my mind off that incredible meal. We all ordered different dishes and we are still debating which one was the best. Eddie's Fun is a definitely a MUST DO. Thank you for an amazing tour and memories.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We weren't quite sure what to expect with Eddie's Fun Tour since it's a little different than your usual tour. We had a fantastic time. The tour started at their office, which is comfy and easy to get to on the bus line. Then Jobe, our tour buddy, took us to a neighborhood coffee shop for a quick coffee. Thanks to Jobe, we finally understood the rules about when you can sit down at a coffee shop in Rome!

After that, we headed off toward the Coliseum and the Forum, with Jobe educating us about Rome and its culture the whole way. Since he is originally from the States, but has lived in Rome for over 15 years, he is able to give a really insightful perspective on the cultural differences between the US and Italy. Another great thing about hanging out with Jobe for the day was that as we took the bus and train with him, he explained to us more about how they worked. This saved us time, money and aggravation for the rest of our tour.

We visited the Coliseum and Circus Maximus area and then Jobe took us up to Aventine Hill, a highlight of the trip. We got to look through the secret keyhole for a stunning view--quite a neat thing to be able to experience.

After this, we took the train down to the little village of Marino, where Jobe told us more about life outside of Rome, and took us to a little restaurant for a PHENOMENAL lunch. So Italy--walking along old windy cobblestone streets, laundry hanging on the line above us, and three generations of family working in this little restauran. We started with an apertivo sparkling wine, then moved on to course after course of deliciousness--eggplant, white lasagna with porcini mushrooms and truffle oil, mozarella di buffalo. Easily one of the best meals of my life!

I thought I would fall asleep on the train on the way back, but instead our ride was quite eventful! The validating machine at the train station was broken, which led to a slight issue on the train. Jobe handled it very effectively, but it was quite a cultural experience, with priests arguing with the train conductor and little old ladies pulling out magnifying glasses to read the fine print on the back of their tickets. A good laugh for the end of the day!

Also, one highlight of Eddie's Fun Tours is that your tour buddy takes all the pictures for you. It was SOOOOO nice not to have to deal with that--and great because Jobe had a great idea of where the perfect shots were ;)

Overall, a fabulous tour--we ate, we walked and we learned a lot from Jobe. Thanks, Eddie's Fun Tours!!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My initial contact(s) with Eddie's Fun group was via email(s) as regards information about and then the booking of Eddie Day tour. The responses to my emails were both quick and informative.

On the day of the tour, arriving at Eddie's Fun group office I was greeted by owner Eddie and tour guide for the day, Jobe - with his hat firmly placed on his head. My first impression was one of a very professional group.

Jobe then led the tour group off on our Eddie Day tour, he showed us how to use Rome's public transport, advised us on when to visit the main tourist venues, where to eat and where to get the best views of Rome, along with many other pearls of advise for we novice tourists in Rome.

Catching a public bus; the first stop was the Colosseum from there we walked past the Forum and on to see the 'key-hole' view of St. Peter's Basilica. While we didn't enter any main tourist venues, we did learn a lot about these places through Jobe's knack of 'spinning a good yarn' with wonderful snippets of information interwoven.

From there the tour took on a different direction - literally - our group caught a train out of Rome to a small beautiful township/village south east of Rome, nestled in the hills where Jobe directed us to a restaurant for lunch.

The outdoor seating of the restaurant was perfect, the meal was sublime, the company was wonderful, the wines were perfect and the interactions within the group was special, what more could one ask for. The only warning I would give is when Jobe tells you the tale of him losing his hat, do not - I repeat - do not be eating as you'll choke when the laughter starts. Believe me, that tale brought the whole group to tears of laughter.

At meals end our group took a short walk around the beautiful township then back to the train station to catch a train back to Rome.

The only downside of the day? Saying bye to the group and gifted raconteur Jobe at the end of our Eddie Day tour.

So, fellow travelers if you want to have a day full of insight into Rome and how it works, a day full of laughter, a day with a wonderful meal, a day full of difference, making for a day full of memories that you'll have forever then, don't bother ... with any other 'tour' group; Eddie's Fun group is the one for you.

2  Thank GeeVan

Been to Eddie's Fun Roma? Share your experiences!