“Walking through Rome with Francesca”

Rome Tours - Private tours of Rome
Ranked #177 of 770 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide top-rated private, semi-private, and group Vatican tours and Rome tours, van and driver. We organize shore excursions from Civitavecchia Cruise Port, bus tours from Rome to Florence and Naples, day trip to Tivoli and Ostia.
Largo, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walking through Rome with Francesca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The best guide ever-not only is she knowledgeable but with an exceptional personality that made our tour even more enjoyable, if that is possible. She took us everywhere we wanted to go in 6 hours and never made us feel rushed. This also included stopping for lunch in one of her favorite places, and not too expensive, but excellent food.

She educated us with the history of the Colosseum, roman forum, pantheon, Spanish steps and Trevi fountain and the Vatican,

If and when we go back to Rome, Francesa would be our guide again!!!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Walking tour of Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and 2 friends took a cruise around Italy in early April. Since we don't like typical "cruise line excursions" I researched doing our own tours. I emailed and interviewed several companies and settled on "private tours of Rome". We definitely picked the right company. We worked with Linda in the office there and she was incredible. I let her know the sights most important to us - the main 7- and she helped not only put together an itinerary but even went over how to get back to the ship. We ended up being able to get transport from the Port to Rome with the cruise line which was convenient but if that had not been available i am certain Linda would have take care of us. We arranged a 6 hour walking tour with Francesca- I have to say she was the best guide I have ever had! She was knowledgeable-( she studied archeology)- and was able to provide quite extensive historical info which was important to me. She was so engaging and entertaining however that even if the history was not important to you you would still enjoy the tour. We were able to see the top 6 sites within 6 hours of touring. The colosseum , roman forum,pantheon, Spanish steps, Trevi fountain and the Vatican. She had extensive knowledge of all sights and was great at navigating us to all locations quickly and efficiently so we didn't waste time getting there. She was also very aware of our surroundings and made sure we were safe at all times. We had arranged tickets in advance for the Vatican so she breezed us right through the line and we got right in. We also had an incredible pasta lunch in a small non touristy restaurant. Very inexpensive and the best meal we had in all of Italy. I will admit that a 6 hour tour is not enough time to see Rome but I would absolutely recommend this tour company. My husband and I plan to return to Rome and to stay a few days and will definitely use private tours of Rome again. Be sure and ask for Francesca. She is incredible and you will enjoy her tremendously.

2 Thank Cmpost
seattle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Private tour of Forum and Coliseum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Highly recommend Francesca for her depth of knowledge and ability to show us and tell us about the Coliseum, Forum and Palentine Hill. She was delightful and enhanced our experience greatly.
She gave us directions afterward and helped us hit 5 other sites in Rome!
Thank you again Francesca! So glad we decided to go this route!

Columbia, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Private tours are worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We toured the Vatican in one day and the Coliseum/Forum the next day with Susanna as our tour guide. It is very nice to be able to bypass long lines (when you can) and she had a lot of history and knowledge that you want in your tour guide. By the time we got to the second day, however, we were a bit tired as things that were interesting to us were not necessarily items that she wanted to either show us or allow us to spend too much time looking at. Also there were some items that we had different opinions of their history (as my wife is a college professor and was teaching Italian theatre history during the trip) that not only did she not listen to but was adamant that we were wrong, which, of course, makes us all a bit tense, doesn't it? I am going to put this down to personality conflicts that made us not enjoy the tours that much, so I would rate it a 2 or 3, but as a service, it deserves higher as the value is definitely there.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank SecretTM
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Two excellent tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had 2 tours over 2 days. Both guides, Lara & Francesca P were outstanding. Not only were they extremely knowledgeable, but also very personable. I would highly recommend using this group, as they added a great richness and insight to this part of Rome. Well worth it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Steve M

Been to Rome Tours - Private tours of Rome? Share your experiences!