“Rome in June”

Fontana di Trevi Apartment
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Fontana di Trevi Apartment
Ranked #778 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Barre, Vermont
“Rome in June”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in June and enjoyed our stay there very much. Francesca and Lola were
so nice to us and took care of anything we needed. The breakfasts were A-mazing! Plenty
to eat breakfast and pack a little snack for later! Our one and only disappointment was, that we had booked this place because of it's proximity to the Trevi Fountain. It could not have been
a better location, however, the Trevi Fountain is under renovation:( We were told it will take 2 years for completion. It is still a great location to all of the other attractions, so once we got
over our initial shock, we moved on and enjoyed all that Rome has to offer!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with a little kitchen downstairs, and were very happy with our room. It wa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beachbocci

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Stony Brook, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

The apartments are small but well furnished (think NYC small) and in a great location. It is literally a few steps to the Trevi Fountain.

The in room breakfast was good; however there is very little room to eat.The manager was great with accomodating early breakfast.

Room/bathroom are clean (this is a biggie for me).

On Saturday night the karaoke from the restaurant downstairs lasted until 2:30 which made sleeping difficult. We mentioned this to Simeone, the manger, who was upset and angry. He said he has been "fighting" with the restuarant about this issue. The other nights, there were no issues.

Definitely a good value for Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crimescenedoc
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hi gang!

My beloved and I booked a short stay with Town House Fontana Di Trevi last year (from the 26-28th October 2012). Upon discovering it was for our 10th wedding anniversary, the wonderful Francesca immediately insisted that we stay in the apartment rather than the town house proper, assuring us that this was a far more suitable and fitting setting for such a momentous occasion. She also gave us a fantastic deal for the two nights we were staying, and kept in touch leading up to our stay.

When we actually arrived, she absolutely went out of her way to accommodate us given that we were there early in the morning - long before our check in time. It was raining when we arrived, so not only did she usher us into the town house proper and help us to dry off, she made us delicious fresh italian coffee! From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel like we were at home. After a long trip from Australia, we were tired and hungry and just wanted to sit at a quiet cafe and have breakfast (perhaps one that supplied caffeine in IV form so that I could take it directly into my bloodstream). She immediately insisted that we leave all of our luggage and directed us to a cozy cafe close by, where they did not supply IV caffeine, but did have an excellent liquid substitute that could be ingested orally (I forget what it was called) :)

When we returned to the townhouse (still early in the morning) feeling somewhat refreshed and rejuvenated, she quickly and expertly navigated us through the required paperwork (copies of passports, deposit etc) before walking us over to the apartment - despite the fact that we still should not have been checking in for at least a couple of hours. She found us umbrellas for the walk over (and for the remainder of our stay), insisted on taking my suitcase, and then acted as cheerful and willing tourist guide along the way! Our only disappointment was that the walk from the actual townhouse (past Trevi Fountain!!) to the apartment was at most 2 minutes hahaha Francesca then provided us with her mobile number and encouraged us to ring her at any time if we needed anything. As it turns out, this was a godsend - we somehow locked ourselves out of the in-room safe, and she happily came to the rescue in record time!

As I have mentioned in my 'traveller's tip for choosing a good room' below, the apartment is located only about 30 metres from Trevi Fountain. Being such a huge tourist attraction, you would expect it to therefore be noisy and perhaps even feel a little unsafe - not the case. Despite being a savvy traveller, I am always hypervigilant of my surroundings - even more so without my beloved husband by my side. However, any of the short strolls I took around the area on my own, I felt perfectly safe. The apartment is on a peaceful side street, and the actual front of the building has a big heavy outside wooden door. As is typical for many places in Europe, this then opens up to an antechamber with letterboxes and individual apartment buzzers, followed by another locked door that you go through that leads into an open air courtyard, with units around the outside.

The apartment is in the back corner of the tranquil courtyard, and I really think that the pictures are entirely representative of the apartment itself. Fully self-contained, it had a COMFORTABLE bed, gas fire place, flat-screen TV (complete with cozy leather armchair), kitchen with complete facilities (including COFFEE-MAKER, yay), dining room table, renovated bathroom, free high-speed wifi internet, in-room safe, plenty of wardrobe hanging space (double-yay), and the front as well as back door with security gates so that main doors could be left open for breeze. Also - there was a cute little outside courtyard with chairs and table opposite the bed!

Think it couldn't get any better? INCORRECT! The next morning, Francesca arrived with our breakfast. Now - I must preface this by saying that I am not in any way a sweet tooth - I don't eat sweets, don't like icecream, rarely eat or even get cravings for chocolate and certainly NEVER walk past a bakery and think "oh my god I want everything in there so bad; I'll offer to trade my first born for it". But, when Francesca brought our breakfast, she provided the most beautiful fresh bread, and THE BEST CHOCOLATE-FILLED CROISSANT I HAVE EVER TASTED. Oh - and coffee! Seriously, that croissant changed my life, and I still dream about it. We of course requested the same thing the next day, and she duly delivered!

To top our stay off, my husband mentioned to Francesca that the day after we arrived was my birthday. She returned the afternoon of my birthday with flowers and a card for me - in her own time! What an amazing stay we had, and what an incredible asset she is to Town House Fontana Di Trevi! We absolutely LOVED our stay and can't wait to return to Rome again.

Room Tip: The apartment, which is actually part of a completely separate building on the other side of Fontana...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank astrogirl333
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

These apartments are very well furnished. The interiors of the rooms are very state of the art as shown in the Pictures online. The bathrooms also very well designed. The couple who run the place are extremely helpful and hospitable people. They happily go an extra mile to ensure comfort to their patrons which we would think is a great USP. It is located literally at the Trevi Fountain and hence, the name could not have been more apt. Very happy with the service and location. We would surely want to go back there. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple