“Far to expensive for what you get,, 4 star pricing for 1 star food..”

Trattoria D'Azeglio
Ranked #7,791 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Dublin
“Far to expensive for what you get,, 4 star pricing for 1 star food..”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We have just returned back home from our trip to Rome. We visited this restaurant on our last night in Rome, we where tired and looking for somewhere close to our Hotel. We found this restaurant around the corner.
We looked at the menu, which seemed pretty standard for Rome, with starters. first courses (pasta's), second courses (meats) etc etc.
The waitors where nice and attentive, but we where paying for that with the 10% cover charge. We chose to sit outside as it was warm (for us). The atmospher was OK, not the best that I had seen to be honest, it seemed quite dead, and we had singers, violinists and a man trying to sell us a wooden fruit basket in the space of our meal,, it was distracting, and took away from the meal.
While ordering, the waitor asked us would we like salad, would we like chips etc, which came at a cost, which we werent aware of.
The Meal we ordered was definatly tasty,, but the portions where tiny...this was the problem for the price we paid.. I would of expected the meal to of filled me as I do going to any restaurant. I left the table still feeling Hungry.
The cappacinno we had was far to strong to be a cappucinno, and gave ,me a headache!
But for a positive note, we did get 'free' lemon shots at the end of the meal. (which I had a feeling we paid for) -_-
When we recieved our bill at the end of the night, it wasnt itimized, so it just had 3 meals = 90 euro. Wasnt impressed with that, I do like to know what I am paying for.
At the end of the day, it wasnt 100% impressive, the meal was expensive for what we got, not a lot of ambience, but attentive waitors.
Wouldnt go back to it again in a hurry! but I do recomend the Restaurant around the corner called Est!Est!Est! beside Hotel Diana. Good Food, Nice people, Nice ambience, No cover charge, and Cheap!

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank Alan M

• Korean first
Porto, Portugal
“The most expensive and worst restaurant I spent in Rome.”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Personnaly I do not recommend dinner at the F.lli Crisciotti restaurant. The food is extremelly expensiv for the small quantities served, and nothing to highlight comparing to other smaller restaurants and trattorias near Termini.
Strongly not advised.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank 2pedrasdegelo
Island of Malta, Malta
“Great Restaurant..A Must Visit when in Rome”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Food was delicious and genuine, staff was very friendly. Prices are reasonable (though a 10% service charge is charged). I would recommend the Beef Steak together with Mozzarella as a side dish. The restaurant is opposite the bus station next to Termini and so it is easy to find. Antonio (who I believe he is the owner of the restaurant) is very experienced in the sector and is very friendly.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank LeanneMicallef

Been to Trattoria D'Azeglio? Share your experiences!