“We were impressed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Malafemmena Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy the full flavor of the fish. The daily arrivals of local fish from Anzio, Orbetello and Mazara del Vallo, fragrance and guarantee exclusivity of the dishes from our chef. In the historical center of Rome, a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps and Via del Corso, the spaces, elegant and comfortable, equipped with advanced audio-video systems, help to create an intimate and private, ideal for business meetings work and romantic dinners for two. In our cellar, the best Italian wines, champagnes and spirits of quality ... offered in addition to the ritual "Limoncello di Capri". Be seduced by the flavors of Malafemmena!
Reviewed November 22, 2013

First night in rome, it was cold and absolutely lashing it down

We went to malafemmena because it was close to our hotel and looked nice and welcoming

We were impressed, very impressed:

- food was good
- portions were more than adequate
- service was attentive but not pushy

We would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ja fui a Roma algumas vezes e devo dizer que este foi um dos piores restaurantes das minhas viagens. Vou fazer um relato imparcial da minha experiencia:
1 - Localizacao - Muito boa, perto da Escadaria Espanhola;
2 - Staff - Extremamente rude e mal educado, estavamos num grupo de 8 pessoas e fomos muito destratados. O maitre nos viu olhando o cardapio na rua e nos mandou ir a outro lugar, neste momento, o dono do restaurante, um senhor simpatico, interveio e nos convidou a entrar. Durante o servico, o maitre nos ignorou por diversas vezes nos fazendo esperar mais do que o necessario para tomar nossos pedidos. Nao teve paciencia alguma para explicar os pratos nem para sugerir um vinho. Antes de terminarmos nossa refeicao, o maitre comecou a secar os talheres do restaurante numa mesa ao nosso lado, como se nos estivessemos atrapalhando o restaurante a fechar. Reclamei com o dono, que se mostrou extremamente atencioso, mas ja era tarde demais. Nota 0 para o servico;
3 - Refeicao - Mediana, pode-se encontrar refeicoes muito melhores por metade do preco;
4 - Preco - EUR 25.00 por pessoa (so' o prato principal e vinho).
Um restaurante que cobra esse preco e nao respeita seus clientes nao merece estar funcionando.

I've been to Rome a few times and this restaurant is one of the worst that I've ever eaten.
1 - Location - Great, close to Spanish Steps;
2 - Staff - Rude and impolite. When we were checking the menu on the street the maitre came to us and said we should go elsewhere to eat pizza instead of eating there. At that moment, the owner came and invited us in (we where in a group of 8, a good money for them). Throughout all dinner, the maitre remained extremely rude, always ignoring our table, even though the restaurant was almost empty. It took a more then necessary to take our orders. At the end, he started to dry all cutlery in a table next to us, making us feel very uncomfortable, as if we were being a problem for them. I complained to the owner, who paid attention to my comments, however, it was too late to make up with us;
3 - Meal - Average, bad deal for the price;
4 - Price - Around EUR 25.00 p.p only the main and wine, extremely expensive for the quality of food and service.
This restaurant shouldn't be on business as it doesn't respect its customers.

1  Thank andrepessoabh
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went here for dinner our first night on a recommendation from our hotel. As soon as we got to the restaurant, a waitress was out the front trying to get us to go in (should have been our first sign). The 3 or 4 tables outside were taken so we thought it would have high turnover although I now believe they were having drinks and nibbles. Inside, we were the only diners (time was 7pm). We sat down and our waiter seemed nice. He quickly began pushing a "special" meal and showed us the fish out the front. My husband being very picky with seafood was unsure and a little undecided. We eventually chose the fresh fish meal and I glimpsed an eye roll from the waiter. From this moment on, service was rude, arrogant and non-existent. A couple of older couples had walked in by this time and I noticed they got a specialised greeting from the owner as well as freebies (glasses of champagne and some little nibbles especially brought out by the owner). We weren't even given the sparkling water or wine that we paid for without asking for them 3 times! The bruschetta was bland and I get better in Australia. The fish dish came out and was a pasta with a white creamy sauce, fish, tomatoes and parsley. It was horrid complete with 4 dangerous bones and 3 fish scales (never in my life!!). To top it off, just before the main meal arrived I noticed my napkin was used and dirty. It had red sauce (like from a bolognese) and a male's short brown hair. I told the waitress and she just brought me another napkin, no apology, and didn't even take the dirty used napkin away. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My partern and I were here to taste italian food and we were not disapointed. It was delicious. We tasted the fish carpaccio. It was very fresh and tasteful. We recommend this place for a romantic moment.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Food was average. Definitely order off the menu if you want to not be shocked by the bill. Wait staff was friendly enough but service was poor