“Food was excellent but BEWARE that you will pay more than expected”
Review of Malafemmena

Malafemmena
Ranked #2,248 of 12,268 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Malafemmena Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy the full flavor of the fish. The daily arrivals of local fish from Anzio, Orbetello and Mazara del Vallo, fragrance and guarantee exclusivity of the dishes from our chef. In the historical center of Rome, a stone's throw from the Spanish Steps and Via del Corso, the spaces, elegant and comfortable, equipped with advanced audio-video systems, help to create an intimate and private, ideal for business meetings work and romantic dinners for two. In our cellar, the best Italian wines, champagnes and spirits of quality ... offered in addition to the ritual "Limoncello di Capri". Be seduced by the flavors of Malafemmena!
Portland, Maine
“Food was excellent but BEWARE that you will pay more than expected”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

While the food was delicious and prepared well, I put myself into the hands of the staff and they recommended the fresh fish, their specialty. However there was no mention of the prices, and I thought that what I saw on the menu would at least approximate the cost. Well, as an August reviewer stated.....BEWARE.........we were taken in as tourists with a lot of sweet talk and ended up paying 200 euros for 2 people whereas we figured 80-100 euros would be the bill. Should I have known better? According to my wife who stuck to menu offerings and did not venture into the world of "we'll take care of everything", I was stupid to succumb to the charm on our first night in Roma............lesson learned. But the food is very good.

• Visited September 2013

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Good for Seafood”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food here is very good and presentation is lovely. If you stray off the menu it will cost you. My husband selected a fish to be prepared as the chef recommended. It was 6 Euros per 100 grams which sounds cheap but the fish weighed 900 grams pre cooking and de-boning.That ended up being a $70 entree. The chef is also happy to prepare a seafood of the day appetizer. The meal which did not fill us up by any means with a glass of wine cost us over $200.

Visited September 2013
Long Island, New York
“BEWARE - You will be taken advantage of!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was delicious! The service is poor. The waiter took advantage of the fact that we were tourists. My daughter asked for a dish that was 22 euros and asked that it be grilled instead of fried. She pointed to the item on the menu and he said he understood in English what she wanted. When the check came it was 55 euros!!!! All of a sudden his English went away. I ordered a Sea bass. After I ordered it and it was cooked they told me it was 65 euros!!!! I never would have ordered it for that price but was told I had to take it. We tried to talk to the server but it was pointless. Not nice, not a good way to run a business. Shame on them!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank VIvian666
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food, Great Service, Felt like a real slice of Italy”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I had a starter of bruschetta and a plate of grilled vegetables to start and the fish of the day Greek style (oven baked with potatoes, sun dried tomatoes, rosemary and olives). All of this was absolutely delicious and served up ( including plating the fish in front of us by an attentive English speaking waiter ).

The staff were all extremely friendly and happy to engage in conversation - was a great experience. Would definitely recommend Malafemmena to anyone visiting this area of Rome.

Visited August 2013
Bern, Switzerland
“Expensive, delicious.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I’m writing this review first of all because manger or owner of the restaurant asked us to. Unfortunately I do not know the name of the person but he was very welcoming, answered all questions and during whole lunch was making sure everything was fine. Restaurant is situated on rather calm side street near Spanish steps. It is not a cheap place we’ve paid 164 euro for lunch for 2 without wine. There is a good selection of fresh fish and other seafood. For the first dish we’ve ordered 8 different prawns with artichokes and for the second scorpion fish followed by fruits. Everything was delicious. Having finished the meal we were treated by the manager with some sort of a tasty sorbet. Till the moment we’ve asked of the bill everything was fine. For the first time in Italy I’ve seen 10% service charge added to the total (besides coperto). No problem, I’ve paid the bill to the manager. Than before leaving waiter Karim who served us came to take the bill, we’ve informed him that we already paid to the manager. He was disappointed saying he hoped that we would give him some tips (after 15 euro already included in the bill!). Conclusion: it is a nice place but I’d prefer not be served by Karim next time.

• Visited June 2013