“Educational, creative use of lighting”

Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini
Ranked #22 of 1,733 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I loved the unusual way the lights and projections were used to enhance our understanding of the archaeological discoveries of parts of the 1st and4th century houses here. My wife felt a bit uncomfortable walking over the reinforced glass which covered the flooring tho

There are newer reviews for Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a delightful surprise, a very well presented and interesting look at life in early Rome with a good commentary

1  Thank Bill G
Reviewed August 29, 2013

great interesting visit .Very well organized.It lasts 1hour and 15 minutes approximately. I feel finally proud of my Rome, of the clever way to show our treasuries to tourists. really proud this time!

1  Thank desimonep
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Having read the reviews on tripadvisor, I booked our visit in advance.

Pleased this is rated so highly on Tripadvisor, otherwise we may have overlooked it!

The ruins are amazing, and the tour has been put together so well - lighting is used to recreate what the building would have looked like. All modern exhibitions should be like this.

5  Thank Alison W
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This tour was the highlight of our holiday and seems to be a littel known gem! Tricky to find I can uinderstand why. Its about 100yards from the Trajan monument and the entrance is on the Via Novembre. The tour takes you through a journey of what it was like to live in a Roman house. Tastefully done, it uses technology to enhance the experience as you hover over the ruins on a glass floor. In parts it is genuinely quite moving. I absolutely loved it.

2  Thank Susan E