“Cinzia Cutrone - Apetitours Rome - Private family tour - Brilliant !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of AppetiTours

AppetiTours
Ranked #210 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: AppetiTours offers private guided tours in Rome, always enhanced by a tasty break :)We are all licensed tour guides of Rome, each one of us will be happy to help you to discover the "taste" of Rome! The name “AppetiTours” is a play on words that seeks to unite “Appetite" and “Tours”. Why? “appetitus” = “desired” And isn’t a trip just that? You travel with the desire to get to know new places, to find yourself in a new atmosphere.
Paris
“Cinzia Cutrone - Apetitours Rome - Private family tour - Brilliant !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were on a two-family rugby trip to Rome in Feb 2014, partly to watch the Scotland-Italy rugby match, and partly to visit beautiful Rome. We were 8 people, ranging from 5 to 65 age-wise. Wanting to visit the Vatican, and not wanting to queue for hours, we thought that a private guide would be the best option. Looking on the internet we found many agencies with very varying prices.

Finally I came upon Apetitours, and Katia Cutrone, which seemed to be very reasonable in terms of price and well-noted on the web. I phoned Katia, and she told me that on the Saturday morning she herself was busy but that her sister, also a guide, Cinzia Cutrone, was available.

Cinzia wrote to me giving in detail the costs, meeting places, and enquiring about our group in order to tailor the tour to our needs. In order to make it more difficult for her, we threw in a five-year old boy, and at the last minute we added another adult to the tour. She managed to book us an extra ticket late on the Friday evening and sent a mail to confirm, which was impressive.
Meeting up for the 3-hour tour, she then spoke with perfect English (in addition she is maried to an American) and true passion about the objects and architecture in the Vatican and its museum. We were the first in, avoiding the very long queue. She taught us a lot about the Vatican and about Catholicism that we did not know, and she managed to keep the teenagers and even the five-year-old interested by pointing out some gory or funny themes that they were to look for on buildings and in paintings. This amused the smallest one a lot, so he did not become bored or difficult. Quite a feat !
Cinzia obviously loves and knows Rome inside out. She can apparently do tours to many unusual places in Rome as well as the classics. I will definitely call on her the next time we go to Rome, as she brings history alive, is very friendly and helpful, and very reasonable on cost.

Visited February 2014

Bratislava, Slovakia
“Fascinating tour with a very smart guide Katia Cutrone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

At the very beginning of the year, thanks to my boyfriend, I had the opportunity to assist to a guided tour through Ostia Antica archaeological site with a marvellous and very smart professional guide Katia Cutrone who deserves all of my appreciation.
Since I visited Rome many times being realy impressed by its beauty, every time I come back, I try to get again and again to places I already know and I like most but also want to see and learn something new. For this reason,Katia was the most suitable person to take me round showing me ancient sites and other places of common touristic interest in Rome from a new perspective.
Thank you, Katia, I am really looking forward to exploring such a fascinating city as only Rome can be, with you again.
Alexandra

Visited January 2014
AppetiTours R, Proprietario at AppetiTours, responded to this review, August 2, 2015
Thank you Alexandra!

I still remember the wonderful day we spent together. It was a delightful day, also because of you curiousity that I could see in your eyes. In Rome there are many out the beaten paths and I look forward to seeing you again to share some new adventure!
Katia
Seattle, Washington
“A Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I won’t tour Rome without a guide again, and I won’t go with just any guide. The only guide I would go back to is Cinzia Cutrone, of AppetiTours.

We (me, my wife and 10 year old son), enjoyed a perfectly paced walk through the Coliseum some of the Palatine Hill and concluding in the Forum.

Cinzia knows Rome, its art and its history. She is able to bring an archeological site to life for her guests and put whatever we were looking at into the context of the city and its history. She is easy to listen to and very engaging.
Our son is always happy to show our pictures to guests and recite all the facts he learned from one afternoon with Cinzia.

I whole heartedly recommend Cinzia to anyone looking for an engaging and reasonably paced tour of Rome.

Visited June 2013
AppetiTours R, tourist guide at AppetiTours, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear David G.,
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience with Appeti tours Rome.
While there is a certain beauty to the ruins themselves, your experience of the Forum and Colosseum is greatly enhanced when you know what it is you're looking at, which is why, we think it is important to talk about the history of the city, the archeology and the modern life of Rome.

Having chidlren myself it is also very important to me to know that, the young one, have a great time. We want to make sure that your memory in the ancient city is really eternal.

We're delighted that you had such a positive experience with us. Please let us know if you return to Italy in the future.

Sincerely, Cinzia
New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Katia was the best guide we had in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We used four different guides while we were in Venice, Rome, and Naples on our recent trip to Italy, and Katia was the best. She was very knowledgeable but also flexible and open. She asked us what we wanted to see at the Vatican and tailored the tour to meet our needs. She has lots of good information about the artwork and architecture but never made us feel rushed (she allowed my boyfriend to take lots of photos). There's no way we could have made such good use of our three hours in the Vatican without her. We highly recommend Katia and we would use her again the next time we're in Rome.

Visited November 2013
AppetiTours R, Proprietario at AppetiTours, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful words!
It was a pleasure to guide you and your boyfriend at the Vatican. I believe, even when you have a limited time, you have to enjoy it. I fully understood your boyfriend who loved to take pictures, because photography is a big passion for me, too.
I can't wait to meet you again, Rome and I wait for you back!
Katia
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour for a great value: Cinzia was awsome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Dear Travellers,
my family of 4 travelled to Italy in the month of November. It was our first time in Rome and we wanted to learn as much as possible. We were looking for a family friendly tour guide and Appeti tour rome come to our attention after a long search online.
We spent 4 days with our wonderful guide, Cinzia Cutrone. She was awsome! We tour the Vatican Museums with her and for the first time my two children understood the religious art from a real point of view. Cinzia explained to us the symbols of the Vatican, the story of the Saints, Emperors and lots of fun facts about the history of the holy See. The next day we went with her to the Colosseum and Roman Forum and the life of the Romans come to us, it was so helpfull to see the ruins with an expert. We went also to a small gallery, the Borghese Villa, a great place to see stautes and paintings of the most amazing artists, such as Bernini and Caravaggio. Our last day was in Ostia Antica, the ancient port of Rome, a very vast area of archeology, where, for sure, without Cinzia, we would have been so lost!
In addition of her knowlodge and passion she gave us great suggestions for restaurants and place to see in Florence. We loved her easy going personality and her passion for what she does. Thanks for a wonderful memorie of Rome!

Visited November 2013