“Very good, no tourists”

Gelateria I Caruso
Ranked #31 of 804 Dessert in Rome
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Description: In ICarusO's home, love care of every little detail of our products, and the contented expression of who we savor our ice cream counters of all research efforts to maintain a high quality standard. Like true craftsmen we start from the careful selection of raw materials that meet the best in the next phase of processing. The products of the earth, already guaranteed for their quality and seasonality, add passion and technique to create every day a natural and refined product. Of tasteful aseptic style and visual laboratory will welcome ... we will experience a genuine ritual in a place of meeting and conviviality. The homemade ice cream is a product that is the excellence and creativity of our country in the world and we can say I'm the proud ambassadors. We have a responsibility to feed your moments of happiness. ICarusO, where quality is seen.
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Our concierge recommended Caruso's and so we decided to try it. Seems very authentic, there were only Italians there. We tried the lemon and chocolate gelato's which were very good. Would go back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is absolutely, by far, the best gelato you can eat in Rome! Everything about it is perfect, the taste, the texture...

This isn't one of those touristy places that over charge you for a decent scoop of gelato. This is the real deal! The gelato is prepared fresh and you can see them prepare it through a clear glass wall.

The pistachio ice cream here is probably the best I've ever had (and I've had plenty).

This is a must stop for gelato for anyone eating at Pinsere Roma Pizzeria (ranked #1 in all of Rome) very close by.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I always loved their pistachio and chocolate. They will put up to 2 flavor in the small cup with a waffle.You may add con panna (whipped cream) as topping. It is located near the Pinsere pizzeria.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good gelato. I was just walking by and stopped in. It didn't overly excite me so i can't say it was great. Just a decent scoop nothing overwhelming but good.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Best almond and pistaccio in town. Prices slowly increasing but still, worth the visit when in that part of the town..