“Pizza before the Pope”

Ranked #1,650 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prati
Description: Un locale di nuova concezione adatto a chi preferisce essere "easy"!!! Dalla colazione al dopocena con cocktails d'eccezione e cucina semplice ma di alta qualita. Hamburger carne pasta ottima carta sia di vini che di birre. Musica ed eventi. Provare per credere!!!
Montgomery, Alabama
“Pizza before the Pope”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant was our first food place upon arriving in Rome and we were very satisfied! Had a great Italian beer with some pizzas (both which were great) and were across the street from the walls of the Vatican. From the front door you can hang a right to the Vatican museum or stay left and straight down to St. Peter's. Great spot to watch people in the piazza and head to the Vatican sites and get some food before heading to the Vatican spots. The service was nice and our server was very helpful with all of our questions about Rome and where to go for everything. Wish we had time to make another stop here before we left, but we will just have to make another trip to Rome I suppose!

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
“BEST BACON CHEESEBURGER & BEER IN ROME!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

As the owner of CMC World Travel.com....we take our clients here everyday! They are always impressed and enjoy a wonderful lunch while traveling through Rome.

This place is the PERFECT stop in Rome! The location, the wonderful staff and all of the food is just amazing! First the location, it sits in one of the most famous piazza's in Roman history, Piazza Risorgimento which is both close to the Vatican and St. Peters and also many shops close by as well (atm's, pharmacy, shoes and trinkets). They have a great sidewalk patio (with the lite water spray for the hot months) and inside a REAL BAR (wooden stools to belly up to the bar and have lunch/dinner there). They have great music going and sports on the tv's (they will put your game on if you request it). It is a family owned and operated place and you'll feel like home while you are there. I have for the past 5 years!

Next, the staff is so attentive, cheerful and speak a multitude of languages. They are fast and there to serve the clients with a smile. They suggest things, but are not pushy sales people when it comes to the menu and ordering. They can accommodate large groups as well, just call them in advance. Ask for Anna or Georgia, they can assit you right away.

Now, the important part! Everyone has Pizza and Pasta in Rome....but at Ris Cafe they go out of the way to have it all! The pasta is made in house everyday fresh! The cream with ham and mushroom is to die for! All of the pizza dough is made fresh and the mozzarella is top notch buffalo style brought up each day from the Naples area. Why am I pushing the Bacon Cheeseburger's....because as an American I really appreciate having a choice and they use the best beef to make their burgers (you feel like you are at Mortons Steak House).
I really do appreciate also being able to eat at a BAR if I want to, fast lunch on the go and they can do it....where most places in Rome want you to park at their establishment for a three hour lunch, at Ris Cafe they listen to the needs and time constraints of the clients. So if you are looking for the BEST PLACE IN ROME that offers it all and with a smile...come see me and many others that are hooked on this family spot in the center! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
“Steak and Guinness”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

After another busy day out and about we headed to the Ris Cafe after seeing a steak meal advertised yesterday but when we had called in they had sold out, so around 6pm we made sure we were there early enough, and we weren't disappointed, with a nacho starter for one between us, which was enough and a nicely chilled pint of Guinness we were set for our main which was done to perfection, mine well done and my partners blue, for ?60 we thoroughly enjoyed it and the staff were friendly to boot

Vaxholm, Sweden
“A place to have a beer and look at people passing by, right in the middle!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Sit down and get connected at night. Not crowdy. Real close to on the web. Close to Vatican City. have a beer and a snack or take a salad. You can see the wall to the Vatican a cross the square. Of course Rome have many places like this but I like it.

Visited September 2013
cornwall united kingdom
“Good but not consistent”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The first time I went I really enjoyed the food, the service was good.
The second time I went my pasta was very salty

I based my rating on the first time I went. It was one of my favourite meals in Rome. The second time was just average.

• Visited August 2013