“a great tip from a great friend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Tavernaccia

La Tavernaccia
Ranked #201 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: ROMAN CUISINE SINCE 1968 RESTAURANT - PIZZERIAAMONG THE AREAS OF TRASTEVERE - Testaccio - PortaporteseONLY VIA REGISTERED BY GIOVANNI Castelbolognese, 63 ROME
Rome, Italy
“a great tip from a great friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My friend, Rosa, insisted that we try la Travernaccia, and she was right! We enjoyed excellent food and service, with the chef accommodating my special dietary needs.

We will return!

• Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fine experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We had an an excellent dinner in this restaurant. The service was warm and the food excellent. Definitely recommended!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Piet J
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is a little out of the way, but do not let the location put you off. It is a real family restaurant, run by Mama and backed up by family and staff. The handwritten Italian-only menu was translated comprehensively for us and the food was excellent, as was the very reasonably priced, excellent wine.

The food was also a little different from the standard pizza/pasta fare we got elsewhere in Rome, and I can highly recommend the meat dishes - in particular the bifsteak, which was totally out of this world delicious. The dessert, oh... The dessert :-)

I will be back!

2 Thank amertner
Dublin, Ireland
“Genuine warm roman atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was in Rome for work and my hotel was around the corner. One night I was hungry and didn't know where to go. The owner welcomed me with warmth and friendliness (I speak italian). I had a delicious ricotta ravioli with fresh tomato sauce. I also had some bruschetta with puntarelle (a variety of chicory) which I hadn't had in a long time. For dessert I couldn't resist the temptation of a chocolate almond torte... mmm
I went back again the night before I flew back to Dublin. I will go back next time I'll go to Rome. The place is unpretentious. Don't expect a menu in english. You will not find it.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank AnaM62
Boston, Massachusetts
“GREAT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Marco from Suites Trastevere reccomended this restaurant; we couldn't find something better. Paola was a fantastic host and the Maialini al Forno were terrific!!

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Candice A

Been to La Tavernaccia? Share your experiences!