“Excellent restaurant in Rome”
Review of La Ciurma del Pescatore - CLOSED

La Ciurma del Pescatore
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We really apreciatte the excellent atmosphere. Ana was extremely pleasant with all our family and the food was excellent.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We tried this restaurant because it was directly across the street from our apartment, so, a very convenient location. I have a medical condition, so I cannot eat many, many foods. I explained this to our waitress and she immediately pointed out on the menu what I could eat. The dish she recommended to my husband was excellent. The service was perfect. The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and the atmosphere was lovely...we dined there 4 times during our 10 day trip! Dishes we had included beef with broccoli, steak with peppers and rocket, pork in lemon sauce and grouper. The artichoke and shrimp appetizer was our favorite! We loved La Ciurma del Pescatore and would recommend it to any of our friends. Our waitress explained that the restaurant had changed ownership at the end of summer, 2012, which may explain some of the bad reviews. If you are in Trastevere, please eat here. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The restaurant we set out to find was closed, so chose this restaurant in the same charming, quiet area of Trastevere, and we were happy with our decision. We were early for dinner (7pm) but the hostess/waitress welcomed us warmly and was very friendly throughout the busy night. We enjoyed a delicious caprese, entrees of grilled seafood and lemon scallopine and grilled vegetables, bread and bottle of wine - a very reasonably priced meal. My husband requested a sprinkling of parmesan cheese to put on the veggies which brought the chef out of the kitchen - we apologized, did not mean to insult him in any way! Everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. This was definitely one of our best meals in Rome!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We followed the advice on tripadvisor to seek for another restaurant. But we arrived earlier around 17:00. The restaurant we seeked for was not open at that time. We agreed to go for this restaurant as we kinda can't tolerant the hungry. This restaurant was the only one open around the area. After finishing the dinner, I understood why it was open all the time. Because the food and service are really terrible. They only grilled the seafood without any flavor. Some food even got burnt. My friend and I agreed that this had been the invaluable
50 euros we spent in Roma. In short, avoid it!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We found this lovely restaurant hidden away on a quiet street in Trastevere. We ordered prawns with liquorice and sea bass with mushrooms, both very good. The owners and waitress were both very friendly (unlike some waiters we met in Rome!) and the ice cream dessert was delicious. I would definitely eat there again when i return to Rome. The price for the fish menu was very reasonable too and we enjoyed the peaceful location away from the busy roads. Thank you for a great evening and making us so welcome.