“Disappointment!”

iRooms Spanish Steps
Ranked #522 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed in this small hotel several times. I made a new booking through their web-site for the end of September. I wrote to hotel to book a transfer from the airport. And I was surprised when the owner of the hotel sent me a message that he would not be able to provide a room for me because of overbooking. And he did it before some days I had to come in Rome. He offered to stay 1 night in another hotel and promised to arrange it but he didn't write me again and I had to find another place myself. If I didn't write them about the transfer I could stay without a hotel after my arriving. And the most incredible thing that my friend was in the same situation with this hotel some later also made a reservation through their own reservation system. Since then I changed the hotel in Rome because the attitude of Irooms to their clients was disgusting. They don't appreciate their clients at all. And they didn't apologized for this accident.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anturix

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would absolute recommend this hotel for a short stay in Rome. It is extremely modern, chic and commutable. The service is personal and friendly and just outside the door you have the Spanish steps and short walks to numbers of restaurants, shopping and tourist attractions. Just keep in mind that the rooms are small.

Room Tip: Do get one of the biggest rooms as they are extreemly small.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindafe
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The accommodation, location and staff were absolutely brilliant prior to and during our trip here. The rooms was unique, comfortable - something a bit different :-)
When you add the price you pay for this type of accommodation then it really is a winner. Free wifi and iPads in the rooms to plan your next days adventure is also a major plus. Highly recommended if you don't want to spend a lot (well you should be out exploring most of the time anyway) but want somewhere cool, comfortable and in a prime Rome location iRooms is hard to beat. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darren B
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked this room because it looked so cool on TripAdvisor and it was so near the Spanish steps. TripAdvisor screwed me on this one. Ok first NO LOBBY this means no room service no concierge no nothing. 2nd the room. I booked the izen room because the reviews said to. I was given the room iroom. NOT THE SAME as the izen pics. Yes it has a king bed and a smaller bath tub but the room at the end of the hall is named izen my is iroom. Each room has a name. Note I paid for izen room and when I asked they said this is same thing dont fall for this BS. Now the room NO PHONE and there is zero to little cell service in this building due to its age. NO ENGLISH CHANNELS not even CNN on the TV. NO CLOSET just a rack on the wall. The bath room is separated by a curtain so if you needed some space there is ZERO. When on the toilet your face is 6" from the wall its so small. Dont leave the bathroom window open theres a chair 10' out side of it where the pervs sit hoping to catch a peak. The LUXERY bath tub takes 15 minutes to feel up so if your in the mood lol start it early. The bed has no box spring just a mattress. The couch is a padded bench. You can hear the people upstairs walking around very easy. I normally stay at very upscale hotels. If your used to something a drop below the holiday inn then hey you will like this place. The good is the location and other then that its lacking.

Room Tip: Do not settle for any room but the IZEN
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Tommy L
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in September 2012. Location is perfectly hidden in a surreal street and less than a minute walk around the corner to where the action is. Additionally, the ever friendly and helpful Zaiga will assist you with all your needs. As our flight out of Rome was at 7am, Zaiga arranged for our breakfast to be packed as meals on the go.

Do not come here expecting an actual hotel but more like staying at your best friend's place. The only issue we encountered was that the floors needed to be mopped more often.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iashi
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Everything was perfect except for the bathroom, It was leaking every time I took shower and it kinda bother me a bit. Great location, lots of main attractions in Rome. But I have to give the credit to Service. They were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year and were very impressed with the place. Upon arrival, we were greeted by our extroverted and helpful host who showed us around the hotel. Her knowledge was excellent and her service great - obviously she is experienced with working in the tourist industry. As we were travelling with another couple, we got to see several of the rooms and each were different depending on the price that you were willing to pay. The room which we stayed in looked out onto the street where you could see bars, cafes and shops. It wasn't too noisy at all. The rate also included a simple breakfast at the restaurant opposite the hotel (coffee, bagel, croissants etc). The location was excellent for restaurants and for wandering around the inner city of Rome (which frankly, is a bit like a giant theme park with swarms of tourists absolutely everywhere). I enjoyed the "i/apple" ambience of the hotel with its blue and purple mood lighting and modernist chic decor. Quite different to staying at the usual Hiltons/Pullmans/Westins that we're used to. We liked that we could come and go as we pleased without any issues. Check out wasn't a problem. The internet worked very well. The rate was acceptable with everything included. Hopefully the owners of the hotel are able to change the decor/theme in the years to come as the "i" or "apple" concept could age quite quickly. I recommend this hotel to those out there looking for a design and unique experience whilst travelling in Roma.

Room Tip: If you are on a romantic trip, ask for the room with a jacuzzi in it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple