“Forget it !”

Ranked #2,140 of 12,438 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Little and friendly trattoria in the heart of trastevere. We served typical roman and italian dishes.
Le Puy-en-Velay, France
“Forget it !”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We are back from Roma where we spent a week at the end of July and I see that we had the same bad experience as the comment above from Veroaevs...
My husband wanted to celebrate my birthday in a restaurant with our daughters and unfortunately we chose this one...We were SICK ALL NIGHT spending it vomiting and feeling very bad!(my husband wasn't but he doesn't like cheese and he didn't eat any of the starters maybe that's the reason why he was OK...). The food wasn't tasty but very common in fact. Moreover my husband came back to the restaurant the day after saying we were sick and they said it couldn't be proved it was their fault! No "Sorry" no apologizes...Forget this place! We lost one day because we had to stay in bed instead of visiting the town and I am really angry about it. This place doesn't deserve the name of restaurant!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank SEBASTIEN999
Luca D, Proprietario at Trattoria da Paolo, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I'm really sorry if your night was horrific, but i want to tell that we served only a fresh ricotta like a cheese for started and every day our supplier bring us a fresh one...
if my restaurant is really bad like you write, maybe we would have closed years ago.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
“Brilliant”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of my colleague (southern italian) recommended this trattoria. What an amazing experience especially in trastevere where you will mostly find touristic restaurants. This restaurant is led by a kind owner who does not hesitate to give you good advises on dishes which are not especially the most expensive. We shared with my gf one antipasti, two main dishes and three desserts!! Special mention for the chestnut mousse which is so far one of the best dessert I ever tried. Do not hesitate to take the wine of the house.

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Horrific”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pasta is a basic expectation when you come to Rome. This place undercooked both mine and my husband's basic pasta. It's not authentic, and basically a tourist trap. Pasta was all stuck together, not al dente and not fresh. 26 euros and we left it all. Considering we make our own, we can speak with some knowledge on the subject. Good luck if you go. First negative review I have posted on trip advisor. If you are in trastevere in august, reserve ahead so you avoid these places. Our mistake for one night only.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank AdrienneMontreal
Luca D, Proprietario at Trattoria da Paolo, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I'm sorry if you didn't eat good in my restaurant but i want to tell you something about us.
We are located out of the touristic part of Trastevere, so we work especially with roman people, and our work is always appreciated. We work here from 1972!!!
The pasta is homemade and it's really fresh, all my customers can see it beacuse it's show near the vegetables window. In addiction we use to served the pasta not so much cooked ("al dente") like in all restaurant in Italy, and if you preferred the pasta cooked more, just ask!
Perth, Australia
“Local Experience with great food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We are staying up near the Vatican, but walked to this restaurant after reading some of the reviews. Lets stay, we were not disappointed. Although they didnt speak much (or any really) english, and we dont speak any Italian, we found this part of the experience. To be honest, we dont actually know what my boyfriend ordered, as from what we could gather, what he wanted wasnt available that night. BUT, Nevertheless, what came out was probably better. I ordered the Ravioli and its the best ive had in Italy so far. The staff are very friendly despite the communication barrier. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, the food was absolutely fantastic!

• Visited August 2013
West Coker, null, United Kingdom
“Da Paolo”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A small trattoria but supported by super waiters especially Angelo who was always helpful.
Food was traditional and good value as well as being lovely!
Well worth a visit or 3 as in our case!

Visited June 2013