“Best pizza in Rome”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This place is a take-away with no seating but we went on a lovely day so were able to buy our pizza and drink and sit in a close piazza watching the world go by! I chose a courgette pizza, my sister chose a cherry tomato pizza. You line up at the counter and point to the pizza you want, with fresh pizza being brought out all the time. You buy the pizza by weight, not by the size like you would in the UK, and its really good value. The pizza was AMAZING! The crusts were crunchy and the base thin, the toppings were really tasty and you could just tell that it was quality as it was really busy with local people, not just tourists.

1  Thank Gill1_M_C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,811)

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Strange hours, so if you want pizza check to make sure they have it. Be that as it may, it's well worth the wait. All good, but the pizza di patate (potato) was my favorite.

4  Thank TreborRemag
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was unpleasantly surprised when I got to Rome and most of the pizza in the shops looked unappetizing and cold . I read about Forno Campo De' Fiori and decided I had to try "The Best Pizza in Rome" even though my expectations were not very high.

The place was packed! There were so many Italians packed in the shop, yelling their orders. Don't get intimidated!! Just go in and stand your ground, make eye contact and the people behind the counter will get to you. The employees aren't the friendliest but who cares? You're in and out in 10 minutes and its CHEAP.

We tried the zucchini pizza and the mushroom. Both were insanely good!!! They definitely lived up to their reviews. I noticed a lot of the locals were ordering a "blanca' pizza so of course, I had to try it. My main rule in other countries is if the locals are doing it, I should too! It was really good. It wasn't really a pizza, more like foccachia.

We took our pizza and ate it on a fountain in the middle of Campo De Fiori market. The perfect lunch!

5  Thank Lindsey233
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We read about this place in an article in Bon Appetit. We were starving and wandered around for ages trying to find this place. It was SO worth it. We came back the next day for more.

3  Thank CCorbett02
Reviewed October 25, 2011

After reading reviews of Forno, I knew we couldn't leave Rome without trying it! On our last full day in Rome we finally headed over to Campo de' Fiori with the sole purpose of eating pizza! We got there early, around 11:30 am and they were open and there was no line. There are two separate pizza counters---one in the front of the store by the register and one in the back. You simply point to the pizza you want and tell them or show them how large of a slice you'd like. Then you can grab a drink out of the fridge and pay at the register.

This pizza was so simple, but so flavorful and delcious. I had cheese, but my husband tried a few of the pizzas with meat toppings and he loved them! He even went back for more. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. If we had stayed closer to Campo de' Fiori we would've had lunch here everyday! There is no seating at Forno, but we enjoyed watching the vendors at the market while we ate. Do yourself a favor and get a slice while you're in Rome!

2  Thank JodyNU3