Deko Rome
$218
$179
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$186
$357
$336
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsserena and marcoamerican embassywonderful hostsvia venetorestaurant recommendationshotel ownersgelatodinner reservationsguest housesmall boutique hotelbottle of proseccorecommended restaurantshome from homevilla borgheserooms are modernspanish stepsbeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at deko as I asked my girlfriend to marry me. I was given the most fantastic place to pop the question from Marco. It blew us away when we saw the location and what a memory that we will never forget. The hosts are genuine people and don't try and rip you off like most people in Rome. They offer advise on the best places to eat and drink which is great when you have limited time.

I can honestly say it's like staying with friends. We are looking at getting married in Italy next year and are looking forward to staying here again at the end of our honey moon. Don't hesitate just book with a gorgeous intimate hotel with beautiful people. Andy and Stacey

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank alliance123183
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of August. Marco & Serena are the owners and they are wonderful. Serena found out I was gluten intolerant when we checked in and she went out and got me gluten free bread, cookies & biscotti for breakfast the next morning. She also sat us down with a map as soon as we arrived to familiarize us with Rome & the best restaurant suggestions in the different areas. The rooms are spotless and the ac works great (which was handy in +40 degree heat). The hotel is in a very safe area, close to the American embassy, and is easy to get to public transportation. There are also some nice restaurants within walking distance as well. If we return to Rome we would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights over the Bank Holiday weekend - what fantastic service provided by Marco and Serena. Marco was very helpful even before we arrived as he had sent us various e/mail links and addresses to allow us to book tours in advance of our stay. We booked a visit to the Villa Borghese, an excellent guided tour of The Vatican (including the museums and St Peter's) and an "underground" guided tour of the Colosseum - all easily arranged and reasonably priced. We enjoyed a glass of prosecco with Marco upon arrival, when he spent time finding out what we wanted to do and see in Rome. He provided us with a map and marked all the main sites of interest (including an ice-cream shop selling 150 different flavours) - as well as recommending various places to eat during our stay. We ate at restaurants that we would never have known about from a guide book - and he even booked a table for us at three of the restaurants. Breakfasts were great, the ipad mini provided in the room was a nice feature, we met other guests at the Hotel - and best of all, we enjoyed Marco's company upon our return to the Hotel each afternoon. Deko provides a level of service that is sadly not available at most establishments. Just book it - you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank BysMelynYellowstone
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I were lucky enough to stay here in early August of 2013. I read the reviews on the hotel and everyone seemed to rave about Deko, so I booked it. Even the best reviews here (including mine) don't do this hotel justice. The hosts, Marco and Serena, are knowledgeable and professional while remaining utterly warm and friendly. They made our first trip to Rome as easy and enjoyable as it could have been by suggesting restaurants, sites, bars and coffee houses that were the best the city had to offer. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else when I go back. Do yourself a favor and book a room here when you're heading to Rome. You will definitely not be disappointed!

1  Thank ccwilliamsut
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife, our 14 year old daughter and I stayed in suite 6 which has a master bedroom with wardrobe and a kettle, a living room with a good convertible bed plus bathroom. Each room was decorated and styled to a high standard and each had it's own (very quiet) air conditioning and sky TV. There was a fridge with complimentary beverages, an iPad and WiFi. Very nice.

But that's not the point - it's Marco and Serena who make this place so much more than a hotel. They really take the time to engage you in conversation to understand your needs and wishes (restaurants, sight-seeing, tours, travel arrangements, breakfast, Italian lessons, and just interesting conversation). Marco's and Serena's recommendations for restaurants were spot-on, we got round to most of the wonderful gelato places and the Gallery Borghese (10 mins walk) was just stunning (you must book though, which Serena gladly did for us). Truly delightful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family