Deko Rome
$199
$178
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsserena and marcoamerican embassywonderful hostsvia venetorestaurant recommendationshotel ownersgelatodinner reservationsguest housesmall boutique hotelbottle of proseccorecommended restaurantshome from homevilla borgheserooms are modernspanish stepsbeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked this hotel from looking at all the amazing reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. All the things said about Marco and Serena are true!! They are so so helpful in every way possible. The room was lovely, spacious, beautiful bathroom, great air conditioning which was totally silent!! The ipad was a really good thing to have in the room along with the Satellite TV. Location was perfect, quiet area but close to many major sites. Lots of information from Marco on our arrival over a glass of wine. Very filling breakfast beautifully presented. Free water/wine/beer/coca cola in the fridge which was replaced each day.
This is a great place to stay and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone visiting Rome. We shall return one day!

Room Tip: We had Room 3 which although it was on the street side was very quiet. Windows are very well glazed so little noise came in from the street and I am a light sleeper!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We arrived at the Deko Rome our last night in Rome. We found it to be centrally located to the train station, shopping and the Spanish Steps. Serena was very helpful with her information as far as restaurants and shops. We also had a glass of wine with Marco and some other lovely people. The rooms were a perfect size, a/c, satellite tv and wi-fi. Restaurant recommendations were fabulous!!! We highly recommend the Deko Rome.They even provided breakfast before we left for our early departure. Very thoughtful and considerate!!!!

Grazie, grazie!!!

2  Thank charlotte3_12
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Arrived at the hotel (solo) to a lovely welcome from Serena and a super glass of chilled wine, she took time to advise me where her favourite places were and gave me fantastic tips of Where to eat and really made me feel welcome. She booked me an excellent restaurant, which was really authentic and away from the touristy crowds, all the waiters were great fun. The rooms have a modern twist and are spotlessly clean and the location could not be beaten, a short walk from all the attractions. Marco booked me a car on my return to the airport and this was on time, very clean, friendly and good value... All in all a fantastic experience

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Chris T
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Before arriving to Rome, Marco emailed me and told me how to reach Deko Rome and how much a taxi should charge me from the bus station. I loved this detail as my husband and I had no clue as to where we were going. Anyway, location is excellent, very close to major streets, subway station, spanish steps, etc. and the service provided by Marco and Serena exceeded our expectations as they treated us like old friends. Rooms are excellent, well-sized, and AC, Satellite TV and Wi-FI were unexpected treats. Restaurant recommendations, city map, and tips were wonderful! Hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #2 and it was excellent
1  Thank fabiola612
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Deko Rome September 1-5th. We consider ourselves adventurous but also like our comforts. We had high expectations from Deko Rome from the tripadvisor reviews and they were all surpassed. On arrival, Marco and Serena could not have been more helpful. They welcomed us with drinks, a map, and helped orient us to the city. Every day they recommended restuarants that were perfect for us and made the reservations. The rooms were spottless, modern, and included toiletries, clean towels everyday, slippers, hairdryer and a free minibar. Every evening Marco would invite us for a drink and we would chat about our day, etc. They even went so far as to recommended a restaurant for us in Florence (we were heading there next) that was the best restaurant we ate at there.

This was by far the best place we stayed on our trip around Italy and we can't thank Marco and Serena enough! We can't wait to come back!!!

1  Thank C_M_Sch