Hotel Teatro di Pompeo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Lunetta(Rome)
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjulius caesargreat locationmain buildingsliced meatseating breakfastroom was largehard boiled eggsminute walkmajor sightsbreakfast roompastriestop floordecent sizegreat showerquiet locationcleaned every dayperfect hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed for a week on the 3rd floor in a beautiful room in the annex, quiet and with a lovely view over the square. The location is optimal, 2 minutes from Campo de Fiori but located by a small quiet square. The breakfast buffet is one of the best we have experienced in Italy - and you have your breakfast in a beautiful original basement grotto under the old Teatro di Pompeo, almost an attraction its own right. Friendly and helpful staff. We were very happy to stay and will gladly return, so the following minus points must be understood from a generally good experience, but they pull the overall rating down from 5 to 4: The floor of the room was not perfectly clean on arrival - but it was so for the rest of the week after we had pointed out the problem. Some parts in the bathroom are a little worn and rusty. Access to annex rooms is narrow and steep. There is no WiFi in the annex.

Room Tip: Our annex room had a nice view and it was spacious and very charming. The annex is a good choice unless you have problems climbing stairs or need WiFi in the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wernerkn
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel boasts an excellent location in the heart of historic Rome.
We were within an easy walk of nearly everything (except the Sistine/Vatican), and with many dining options nearby.
We had a room (#10) just off reception, which, when we closed the second inner door to our room, made for a very quiet stay!
Breakfast is a nice spread that includes cold cuts, yoghurt, cheeses, pastries, tea or coffee.
Prices are in line with Rome (so not cheap) but the location more than makes up for it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebMacD
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This small hotel in the central part of Rome is highly recommendable to anyone, who do not want to stay in a typical tourist hotel.
With only a few rooms and few guests, you almost felt as being home. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. Breakfast is served in the basement under the hotel and this is a history on its own.
The location is perfect and even though in the part of Rome known for late nightlife, the area was quiet.
Only warning about this hotel is the rooms in the annex, which are accessible via a steep stair only. If you dare take this challenge we can recommend the annex.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel, and it has remained a favorite. Tucked around the corner from the Campo di Fiori, it is in a central location, easily walkable to many of the places you want to visit. For those like me who are somewhat mobility challenged, it is also near Largo Argentina with all of its buses, and was a 5-7 minute walk from two stops on the hop-on hop off tourist bus.
Breakfast was served from 7-10 am. We were given the same room we had stayed at previously, which was fun.
One of the best reasons for booking here is the great staff, especially Simona and Paolo, who went out of their way to help. Great suggestions for dining were given - it is surrounded by small, great restaurants as well as the Campo for the morning market and people-watching.
We stayed from 26 Sep to 2 Oct and will definitely return to this hotel when we return to Rome.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 21 both visits. There is a small elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the great reviews it has gotten on Tripadvisor, and I was not disappointed! I found Teatro di Pompeo to be an excellent choice for anyone wanting a basic 3-star hotel in the middle of Rome.

There are generally three major things I look at when booking a room: sleep comfort, shower quality, and location. Teatro di Pompeo gets high marks for all three! In addition, breakfast and wifi were both included in the hotel price. The breakfast was tasty and filling, and the wifi signal was strong and reliable. The staff persons spoke great English and were very friendly.

My room was #14, which is on the 1st floor (2nd floor for Americans). I was by myself, but the room was made for two persons. The windows looked out on a small inner courtyard. There was no real "view" but that didn't matter to me. Even if you had a room with a street view, there's not much to see in the small square below (just a parking lot, basically). There was an elevator, but I always took the stairs since my room was only one flight up.

There was some noise during the day, but during sleeping hours (11 p.m. to 7 a.m. or so) I never was awakened by any noise. The way the property is designed, the other rooms are not really located directly beside you (at least I never heard noise from nearby rooms.) I only heard a little noise from the room above mine.

At first I thought that the air conditioner in the room did not work very well. However, I discovered that there were two different units. The one on the wall by the window just blew air and didn't really cool. It took me a while to discover the other unit high on the wall near the ceiling. It was controlled by a remote control and worked wonderfully with lots of cool air.

The bathroom had a great shower with strong water pressure and plenty of hot water at any time of the day.

The location of the hotel was excellent, being very close to Campo de Fiori. This campo has a wonderful market were vendors sell fresh fruits & vegetables, pasta, cheese, souvenirs, etc. in the morning and early afternoon. There are quite a few restaurants in the campo as well. The best way to get to the campo is through a gated walkway that is just a few steps from the hotel (turn right as you exit the hotel entrance, then look for the narrow path on the right). At first I thought this walkway was a private entrance, but the gates are unlocked (at least during the day) and you can walk through the passageway directly to Campo de Fiori. This takes about one minute. If you go by another path, the distance is much further.

I would heartily recommend Teatro di Pompeo to anyone looking for a good quality, basic hotel in the center of Rome. It was great for me as a single traveler, but I'm sure it would be fine for couples as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo