“A real Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna

Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna
Ranked #136 of 1,456 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: This contemporary art gallery features works from the late 19th century to 1945.
Oxford, United Kingdom
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“A real Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We loved this gallery. shame about the poor information on the gallery site where they closed the 19th century rooms early. Very exquisite works to be seen here. We finished with a drink in the bar afterwards - very nice.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank RegCalabria

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Stumbed on a little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Walking through the Borghese park on an overcast day we stumbled on this by accident and being fans of modern art we decided to give it a try...we're so glad we did.
This isn't the biggest modern art gallery we've been in (Tate, Pompidou, Reina Sofia) but what we saw was very pleasing. We particularly enjoyed the floor of cracked mirrors, the "Excuse me, Is that art?" section and were captivated by the paintings in the war section.
I just wish we had arrived earlier and had more time to sit and appreciate some of the works.
It was a very pleasnt space to be in.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank LesKUK
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Surprise - this deserves more publicity, give it a try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Approaching the museum down the unkempt steps from the Borghese park, I wasn't sure what to expect, but after a quick look inside I was sold. At the moment there's a temporary exhibition of some of the sculptures displayed in a central space on a floor of cracked mirrors, which invites you to look at them in different ways. Then you're off into the permanent collections, beautifully lit and displayed, plus more temporary exhibitions as you go further up. We were too late for the restaurant, shame because it looked rather stylish. In short, this visit balanced out some of the more obvious Rome attractions for me, and if I'd had more time I would have gone back. Give it a try if you like modern art.

3 Thank Captain_Cook_9876
Montferrand du Perigord, France
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Amazing gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Not the most exciting building externally - quite austere, but with interesting juxtaposition of works to be seen as one climbs the stairs to the entrance which hinted at what was to come. This has to be the best curated museum we have seen. Large, light - filled rooms, or dramatic lighting all used to highlight a wonderful array of art. All work had its' own space and was complemented by adjoining works, in both context and subject. We spent hours in what seemed like minutes - an absolute must see!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Janis P
Manila, Philippines
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I don't pretend to know much about art but this museum really takes my breath away. My wife and I visited Rome Feb of 2013. We were supposed to originally visit the MAXXI museum but was not yet opened when we got there so we ended up at National Gallery of Modern Art. It was a blessing in disguise as I can consider this one of the highlights of our rome visit. The paintings and sculptures are just breathtaking. I highly recommend this even for those who are not really into arts

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Jonas L

Been to Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna? Share your experiences!