“Great Location, Comfortable, Sweet Staff”

and 1 more site!
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #19 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This hotel was lovely. The location couldn't be better. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms had old world charm and modern conveniences. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelani
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

reading your review I do need to bring out that I do not understand a 4 point review and not a 5 point review reading all the positive aspects listed as well as the fact that you would return.

I’m truly happy to see that you enjoyed our location, our breakfast, our rooms and our staff which are a bunch of happiness but always professional people . Your review covers all aspects of a perfect stay with us. Also the few words have been selected with cure having noticed that you have already written 10 hotel reviews! Thank you, but to get 4 to 5 lacks 1 point, now you should explain what means 1 point for you and what should we do about it.

Thanking you again and hoping to have you with us in the future to be able to receive in the future from you a 5 point evaluation!

The Manager

There are newer reviews for Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I am very reluctant to submit this review. Why? This place is just that good and would not want to see it be unavailable in the future when I return to Rome. :) The location can't be beat. Just walked to the Vatican in about 20-30 mins, everything else in old Rome is very accessible, the food choices in the square of Campo De'Fiori are quite good, the staff of the hotel are extremely helpful and even good fun, the room is all you need, breakfast more than I expected, and the roof-top is out of this world. The only thing keeping this from perfect is not having a pool but that would be just obscene in terms of demands - no room for a pool in this neighborhood. No reason to stay anywhere else - one can walk everywhere and have a great comfy home base with good food and gelati to fill your belly at the end of the day and needing a rest. La Dolce Vita indeed!

Room Tip: All rooms are good - no worries about anything whilst here.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

it is always pleasing to read that you have appreciated our facilities and services! For us, it is not just a question of facilities but also a question of hosting which we believe can make a normal vacation into a life time memory and as you state,

" This place is just that good and would not want to see it be unavailable in the future when I return to Rome "

This is our goal. Of course you took advantage of our unbeatable rooftop terrace, which all of our guests rave about and justly! As you state “the roof-top is out of this world”.

I would also like to indicate to all of our readers that I do suggest that you take a look at our website since it is the only place where you may have a special offer regarding the rates and this is always the best way to reserve with us, direct.

I would like to conclude with your sentences,

“No reason to stay anywhere else” and “La Dolce Vita indeed!”

Thanking you for your top review,

Reviewed September 1, 2014

The very helpful friendly staff made us so welcome and we enjoyed our stay here. Check out the rooftop for a stunning view of the city and then enjoy the comfortable rooms. Great location. We won't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

You state “The very helpful friendly staff”, “the rooftop for a stunning view of the city”, “comfortable rooms” and last but not least “Great location”, a few words which cover all aspects of a perfect stay with us. Also the few words have been selected with cure having noticed that you have already written 5 hotel reviews!

You wrote in your title and in your review “Great location”, we are located within a 15 minute walk to all major sites aside being located in one of Rome’s most ancient plaza called, Campo de’ Fiori, the only historical square in Rome without a church built on it! Unique!

I would like to conclude as you did “We won't hesitate to stay again.”

Thanking you again for the time you have taken out for us and hoping to have you once again as our guests.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

This little hotel is beautifully located in Campo de Fiori, in the heart of Rome. The square itself is already an attraction, with musicians, restaurants, lots of young people. The hotel is walking distance to most of the main attractions in Rome. The staff was very nice. Room was clean and nice. Very european deco. I definitely recommend this hotel.

2  Thank FlaviaPacheco
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Noticing 12 hotel reviews and receiving such a positive review only indicates and confirms what all, of our guests state, that their stay with us is not a vacation but a lifetime experience!

It is always pleasing to read that you have appreciated our facilities and services! For us, it is not just a question of facilities but also a question of hosting which we believe can make a normal vacation into a life time memory! I’m truly happy to see that you enjoyed our location, our room and our staff which are a bunch of happiness but always professional people. We base ourselves on the philosophy of, happy guests happy us!

You state “This little hotel is beautifully located in Campo de Fiori, in the heart of Rome” Did you notice that you were located in the only square “Campo De Fiori” in the historical center of Rome where there are no churches? That’s because there took place the executions and punishments with whipping for heretics!

I’d like to conclude as you did “I definitely recommend this hotel.”

Thanking you for the time you have taken out for us and hoping to have you once again as our guests.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We enjoyed this place, We had a top apartment but with no elavator it was an workout when travelling with big luggage like we did. The place had restaurant and shops and bakery very near by. Its about 30-45 min walk to central Rome and attractions. Its about 8 euro by taxi to and from central. overral we have no problem staying in this hotel. The view from the rooftop of the main reception building is a must see.

Room Tip: Chose lower level apartment if you are travalling with big luggages. Those "Roman Style" s...
1  Thank Jodie D
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Reading about your stay I can only say that all of our apartments are renovated, offering all modern comforts such as Free WiFi, A/C, Led TV etc… and are thought for offering more space. You state “We enjoyed this place, We had a top apartment but with no elavator”. Having stayed in one of Rome’s most ancient and trendy areas, it is obvious that there are no elevators but we do offer our staff to accompany and bring all luggage into and from the apartments. Did you notice that you were located in the only square in the historical center of Rome where there are no churches? That’s because there took place the executions and punishments with whipping for heretics!

Our location implements time saving to reach all major monuments, money savings so you don't need to take expensive taxis or buses to reach the major monuments meaning all is within walking distance as you state “Its about 30-45 min walk to central Rome and attractions. Its about 8 euro by taxi to and from central”. We’re located between Piazza Navona, one of the most beautiful baroque squares (1600’s), Piazza Farnese, the most important renaissance palace drawn in part by Michelangelo (1500’s) and Piazza della Cancelleria which is the most important palace of 1400’s. What more can one ask for?

You also state “The view from the rooftop of the main reception building is a must see.” we offer even what many luxury expensive hotels cannot offer and that is our fabulous roof top terrace which offers a view of 360° and is available to all of our guests including our guests staying outside of the hotel in our marvelous apartments.

Thanking you for your review although you have given us a 4 point review which for other hotels may be considered great, for us it is good but not what we are used to receiving.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Campo in July for 3 nights in room #504, the purple room on the website. And while we were slightly disappointed with the room initially, (rooms are ALWAYS smaller than they look on websites) we quickly got over it. It was smaller than we thought, and didn't look quite as luxurious, but the bathroom was beautiful and plenty big enough for our needs. The bed was two beds pushed together, which is never great, but common in Europe and one side was definitely more comfortable than the other. But here is the kicker- the terrace on the top of the hotel is so incredibly outstanding that it more than makes up for any deficit you might have in your room. Don't pay for the balcony rooms on the top floor unless you are doing it only to have a bigger room. The terrace has 360 degree views whereas the balconies have limited views. We enjoyed a bottle of champagne up there the night we checked in and couldn't get enough of the skyline of Rome. You can see the Vatican, the "Wedding Cake" government building and almost down to the Forum. Almost. It is amazing. We spent as much time up there as we could, soaking in the sounds and scents of Rome. We could hear people laughing down in the piazza, we could smell all kinds of amazing foods being cooked in restaurants or private homes, who knows? We could feel the pulse of the city while we relaxed on a comfortable couch. Really can't gush enough... Also, the breakfast was good and the people at the front desk speak great English and were really helpful when we tried to book show tickets, find our way around, etc. The location is great, although we did like the Trastevere area better for restaurants and bars as they were more plentiful and more fun. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is a gem!

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for balcony, the terrace is all the luxury you need!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie G

Dear Guest,

Your room was a quiet and tranquil room located at the back of the hotel and many of our guests request this type of room desiring to rest up while away from home. It is Always a deluxe room with all modern comforts which all of our rooms do have.
Reading you review I note that you were captured by our facilities, our services as well as our location and our roof top terrace which you indicate in your title,

“A million dollar view!!!”

Is a plus which not many in Rome can offer and which does make a difference in ones stay in Rome being able to view Rome from above. How many visitors of ancient Rome can say they have seen the rooftops of Rome?! Quite a few and who can pay an awful lot to be able to have this view yet with us all is included! As you state “The terrace has 360 degree views whereas the balconies have limited views” Our roof top terrace adds flair and an unforgettable experience to all of our guests stays like in your phrase “You can see the Vatican, the "Wedding Cake" government building and almost down to the Forum. Almost. It is amazing” and “We could feel the pulse of the city while we relaxed on a comfortable couch. Really can't gush enough”.
Regarding our rooms you state “It was smaller than we thought”, well one needs to travel Europe to understand that our room sizes are normal if not even on a bigger size in comparison to other European hotel standards. A small room, well in reality our rooms are normal if not even bigger than the average European size rooms but then what does one desire more? A bigger room outside of Rome or a normal sized room in the Ancient part of Rome? I think you already know the answer and I do need to bring out that I do not understand a 4 point review and not a 5 point review, where are we missing that point?

Our staff is always there to assist and suggest only the best to all of our guests because our thoughts are that if our guests are happy so are we. This is continuously stated in most reviews as in yours “the front desk speak great English and were really helpful”
I’d like to conclude with your last phrase “All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is a gem!”

Thanking you and hoping to have you with us in the future to be able to receive in the future from you a 5 point evaluation!

The Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had to change my travel plan multiple times; so, stayed here one night instead of 6 nights. I am now glad that the travel plan was changed; I could not stay in that place for more than one night. This was one of our worst hotel experiences in our Europe trip (see my other hotel reviews in Barcelona, Prague and Florence); the apartment of Campo De Fiori was in a alley; the stairs seemed to be very uneven and, high; glad that we had hotel attendant helping us, otherwise, we could not have made it to third floor with our luggage.
The rooms were spacious, but, poorly decorated; I could see broken wall outside the window (not a nice view at all). The area did not seem to be safe to me of my sister.
The main hotel attendant seemed to be not happy with my travel plan change; he was not courteous; he also charged 30 euro for my 7-yr old niece who stayed in the same bed with her mother.
Anyway, next time different hotel definitely!

1  Thank LailaN
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Reading your review I ask myself do these people know exactly where they were? You had the honor of being in a historical building dating back to the 1200 and 1400’s. If one knows a bit of history and knows and understands what these locations mean for humanity they would never say “ the apartment of Campo De Fiori was in a alley; the stairs seemed to be very uneven and, high”, because one would know and understand that in these historical centers such as Ancient Rome you cannot modify the buildings or the measurements of stairs otherwise there would be no Ancient Rome but just modern Rome, exactly what the Italians and the rest of the world do not want. Our apartments are very well appreciated by our guests for their locations, a 1 minute away from the hotel, for all the space they offer, for the amenities they offer such as, free Wi-Fi, flat LCD tv’s, A/C, daily cleaning etc… Obviously if one compares an apartment with a hotel room, there will be a difference but only in the styling.

I find it hard to understand that one of the reception treated you in an unfriendly way having our reception a top rating from all of our guests, as you contradict yourself “glad that we had hotel attendant helping us, otherwise, we could not have made it to third floor with our luggage”, In any case, we do accompany all of our guests to the apartments as well as to the rooms in the hotel helping them with the luggage.

You state “ he also charged 30 euro for my 7-yr old niece who stayed in the same bed with her mother. ”, I can only say that you had reserved an apartment for 2 people but you showed up as 3 so we had to arrange you a bigger apartment, that’s because the apartments are not allowed to allocate more than the number prescribed by law, we had prepared the extra bed for your 7 years old niece because the Italian law does not allow to allocate an extra person without an extra crib/bed. We did charge you only 30€, which was the 23% of your daily rate as we normally charge the 38%.

Anyway, thank you!