Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
$218
$179
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
$186
$357
$336
Cancelon
2,656 results
All reviewsrooftop terracedaily marketwithin walking distancearound the cornerthe hotel staffthe main hoteltop floorperfect locationprivate balconybeautiful hotelbottle of proseccotrip to romethe entire staffmodern bathroomour honeymoonrooms are smallheart of rome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We chose this hotel based on location and tripadvisor reviews. It is fairly centrally located in old Rome and we were able to walk to pretty much everything we wanted to see, and only used transportation to get to and from the train station. On arrival the staff was pleasant and helpful, and everyone at the desk spoke English. Our first room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was modern. The window looked out into a small vacant space between several buildings, not very impressive. However, we went to the rooftop deck, and we were VERY impressed. There were fabulous views in every direction.
In that room, however, the wifi did not work, and for some reason, my cell phone only worked if I stood in the corner near the door. We did not know this until late the first night when we finally settled down for the night. When we asked about the wifi the next day, they denied the problem. The following day we said something to another person, who admitted that there was a problem with the modem just on our floor. When we asked about being moved to another room, at first he declined, then conceded. The new room was very small(the first room was just small), but still clean and comfortable.
This hotel does not have air conditioning, but we did not think that it would be a problem in March, but the weather was unusually warm, and the small rooms get very stuffy when closed up and we felt we could not breathe and needed to open the window at night. However, as you are right around the corner from Campo de Fiori, there was a lot of nightlife, and we were kept awake by loud singing until at least 3 am every day. When the windows were closed you could not hear the noise. On the flip side, having Campo de Fiori right there was convenient for dozens of good restaurants. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was as good as any other we had seen up to that point on our trip.

Room Tip: ask if there is a room that does not have a window onto the Campo de Fiori side for less nighttime noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2ritravelers
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Reading your review although you have given us a 4 point review which for other hotels may be considered great, for us it is good but not what we are used to receiving. I would first like to speak about your second phrase where you refer to our location and I do need to say that your opinion about the location needs to be contested.
“It is fairly centrally located in old Rome”.
For those that have come to Rome and are intentioned on coming to Rome I want to say to all that we are centrally located and better than our location is hard to beat. We are 5 meters away from the most trendy plaza in Rome at this moment which is Piazza Campo de’ Fiori. A 5 minute walk away from the famous Piazza Navona. A 20 minute walk away from the Colosseo, Roman Forum. A 20 minute walk away from the Pantheon. A 30 minute walk away from the Vatican, Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps. Staying with us one doesn’t need taxis, buses or subway. This is confirmed buy all of our guests, that all is within walking distance.
You do state,
“we were able to walk to pretty much everything we wanted to see, and only used transportation to get to and from the train station.”
Regarding about the WiFi, it is not correct to say that the WiFi did not work because you do indicate that your cell phone did work with the WiFi. It was a question of position not that it wasn’t working. The fact that someone at the reception referred that the WiFi was working contrary to what you had indicated, well you do state yourself, that it was working but just a question of position so no one denied anything. Every day one of the reception walks in the corridors with an ipad to verify if the WiFi is working properly and that is why you were told it was working. When one of the reception referred that there was a problem with the modem this is referring to the power not that it wasn’t working but in any case all was resolved.
You stated,
“and for some reason, my cell phone only worked if I stood in the corner near the door”
Asking to move to another room, well this can be done only if we have availability and the fact that our receptionist at first said it cannot be done is normal being full at that moment. But as we always do, we then control better the room situation and then if the movement is possible we do move. One just needs to read the reviews where we have offered free upgrades when available.
Air Conditioning – I need to state unfortunately that what you have indicated is NOT TRUE. The hotel has always had and has Air Conditioning. Evidently you do not know that during the month of March, in Italy and especially in Rome but State Law the heating needs to be kept on for the health of the population and we can only lower the heating but not turn it off. When the Town Hall declares that the heating can be turned off then we proceed with turning on the air conditioning. When traveling one needs to always keep in mind that the local laws rule and not what one has at home.
Noise – I need to also say that one always needs to remember that you are in a major world city, Capital of a country, millions of people living here plus millions that come as tourists. You are in the real historical centre of the Ancient city and Eternal city called Rome. I do need also to say that obviously if one keeps the windows open you will always hear noise even if in the country side one may hear the cows or pigs mooing or oinking. Windows are made to be kept closed also for dust reasons. Our windows are totally sound proof and therefore there is no noise problem with us.
As you state,
“When the windows were closed you could not hear the noise.”
Thanking you for your 4 point review and we do hope to have you with us in the future if you ever decide to return to Rome.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Me & my wife visited Rome for a romantic 5 days vacation, and after some search we decided to go for the Campo de Fiori hotel. In one word : amazing!!! Such a great location in the heart of the old center, close to all the attentions. The room was small but cosy & very clean. The stuff were so friendly & helpful! Don't hesitate, just go there, it's a gold mine :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Boaz R
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear guest, I would like to open with your concluding phrase, “Don't hesitate, just go there, it's a gold mine :)”
When one writes this it only means that all went even better than expected and this for us is a plus. Your stay of 5 days gave you an exceptional possibility to verify exactly what all of our guests indicate and this time span allowed you to evaluate properly and therefore you applied a 5 point review. Yopur one word description, “In one word : amazing!!!”
What else can I say but only to all that are deciding where to come to stay in Rome, I can only say, come stay with us and allow us to make your normal stay in Rome an unforgettable vacation!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love Rome and I love this hotel!! They have preserved an old building and kept the beautiful design, but it still feels luxurious and fresh.The rooms are so beautiful and cozy, with a top modern bathroom and a great music system. There's even music in the bathroom which we loved! The staff were so friendly and polite, and were willing to help you no matter what. Especially the lady in the breakfast room; she was so kind and made our breakfast even more pleasant. The hotel also has a terrace on top of the building with a beautiful view of amazing Rome; here you can relax after a long day exploring the city, there's comfortable furniture and I strongly recommend you to buy a bottle of Italian wine and just sit down and enjoy! I can't actually say anything bad about this hotel. Even the location is great; you just have to walk a short distance to the Pantheon for example, and just behind the hotel there's a great gelateria - Blue Ice. Stay here and you will have a wonderful time!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the little square - right in front of the main entrance of the hotel - are bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear guest,

9 hotel reviews allow you to judge and evaluate with experience your stay with us and of course it couldn’t be differently that you applies a max pointage meaning 5. You have captured the intent of the renovation of the hotel which came about around 7 years ago. Infact your phrase makes me understand that you understood the intent,

“They have preserved an old building and kept the beautiful design, but it still feels luxurious and fresh. The rooms are so beautiful and cozy, with a top modern bathroom and a great music system.”

You have also noticed that not many hotels have the roof top terrace that we offer to our guests.

“The hotel also has a terrace on top of the building with a beautiful view of amazing Rome; here you can relax after a long day exploring the city, there's comfortable furniture and I strongly recommend you to buy a bottle of Italian wine and just sit down and enjoy!”

All is topped off with an excellent staff that you appreciated as well,

“The staff were so friendly and polite, and were willing to help you no matter what.”

Your title,

“So beautiful hotel”

And the phrase,

“I can't actually say anything bad about this hotel.”

Concluding with,

“Stay here and you will have a wonderful time!”

Thank you for such a wonderful review,

Reviewed April 19, 2014

After reading through the many reviews on hotels in Rome, I kept coming back to Campo di Fiori because of the ratings on this site, and the overall consensus on service and location. It did not disappoint. The staff was amazing. From the minute I made contact with them after reserving my room they were accommodating in every sense of the word. I emailed them requesting a room in the main hotel because I read the reviews and they all were consistent. I am glad I did this. They accommodated my request and gave me a deluxe king room on the first floor. The room was elegant, spacious, high quality linens, pillows, etc. The room was perfect. They arranged a car service for me when I landed at the airport. They arranged the best private tour guide for me, and countless other requests throughout my stay. Adam in particular was extremely helpful, informative, and went out of his way to make my stay perfect. The location of the Hotel Campo di Fiori is the best. It is walking distance to the best attractions in Rome. I walked everywhere from my home-base. The Campo di Fiori square next to the hotel is fun and vibrant with farmers market, great restaurants, bars, high-end wine shops nearby, and the best gelato in Rome right next door (dangerous). The hotel has a wonderful roof-top area with cabanas and sitting areas looking out 360 degrees over Rome. I bought a delicious bottle of the wine nightly from the high-end wine shop near the square (ask the hotel), and took it up to the roof to enjoy. The hotel provides a complementary breakfast buffet each morning with scrambled eggs, assortment of nice cheeses, meats, cereals, breads, pastries, fruit, juices...and my daily dose of real Italtian cappuccino ( don't even drink coffee in the States). The staff in the dining room are super nice. I traveled solo on this part of the trip and this hotel was perfect for me. This boutique hotel has my heart now, and I will stay there each and every time I visit Rome. It's like a Boutique Hotel/Bed & Breakfast but better! One tip: I had to move rooms my last night because the hotel soldout Friday night in advance of my reservation. Do not stay in the "apartment" quarters. They are in need of upgrading badly. The building is next door, it has an odor, and the bedding, mattress, and decor does not compare to the rooms in main hotel. If I were the owner, I would not advertise or associate the hotel with the apartments. Two completely different experiences; however, I did not let it change my rating of the overall experience I had at Hotel Campo di Fiori.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room in the main hotel, preferably on a higher floor. Do not book the "apartment" rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul R

Dear Guest,
Although long, your review has gone into depth regarding the various aspects of your experience. Just in your title you cover all the aspects that our guests have always appreciated and seeked and this for us is truly a vant!
“Location, Charm, Service, and Italian Elegance”
What is missing in your title but covered in your review is and the roof top terrace. This is a real treat for all of our guests. Comparing this to other hotels one must always keep in mind that where others once dined and a short walk at night go back to their hotel room and watch TV, with us this can be done but we also offer a special aspect that others do not have and to have you need to pay a real extra to use it and that is our unbeatable, roof top terrace! It offers to all the possibility to stay and continue site seeing while resting up and if desired having a drink which you may bring with you. As you write, “The hotel has a wonderful roof-top area with cabanas and sitting areas looking out 360 degrees over Rome. I bought a delicious bottle of the wine nightly from the high-end wine shop near the square (ask the hotel), and took it up to the roof to enjoy.”
Regarding our apartments, we suggest these most of the time to groups or families where we offer, size, cleanliness, all modern comforts for a spacious stay and do not highlight the elegance as in the hotel but they are all furnished very well for their needs. The oder, well unfortunately the day you stayed there the garbage company didn’t come by and therefore there was some order but this is truly a rare situation. Next time you stay with us you will notice this. To conclude using your words,

“I traveled solo on this part of the trip and this hotel was perfect for me. This boutique hotel has my heart now, and I will stay there each and every time I visit Rome. It's like a Boutique Hotel/Bed & Breakfast but better!”

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Rooms are tiny, shower water is not always hot, but in this location and for this price – this is excellent value. Staff were extremely attentive, breakfast was rich, triple room doesn’t leave you place to get up from bed – but we loved it!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Your title describes our feelings, meaning we desire that our guests receive more than what they pay for, “Excellent value!”
As all know that have been with us previously, the rooms are not huge because the hotel is located in an ancient medieval building dating back to the 1400’s! But of course for size you will not receive location in an ancient city like Rome. Our staff as always is attentive and ready to suggest only the best at the best prices. We pride ourselves also on our breakfast since this starts our guests day and is of vital importance for the continuation of the site seeing day.
What I do not understand is your evaluation of excellent value and then apply a 4 point review but this is fine also it’s just that I find it not congruent with the rest. Hope to have you with us in the future so next time you will be able to apply a 5 point review.