“Just book this and don't wast your time”

and 1 more site!
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori
Ranked #18 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Sydney, Australia
“Just book this and don't wast your time”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great little hotel right in the piazza. Character galore. Very clean which was a must. From the moment you check in you are made feel welcome and feels like home. Great staff who go out of their way to assist you especially the lady in the breakfast room who remembered our needs daily and went out of her way to find alternative food due to diet restrictions. The area is buzzing with activity with the local markets at your doorstep. Good night life and restaurants and in walking distance to all main attractions. This is a taste of the true italy with little cobblestones streets full of non tourist type shops. Always felt safe to walk around even late at night. If your looking for a Hilton type hotel don't bother but this hotel is truly first class in so many ways. You will not be disappointed. A must to go back to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank scianna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NJ
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is my first hand experience staying at this hotel. This is my original content. In my opinion, this hotel is over-rated. Here are the highlights of my stay, starting with the good:

• Terrace on roof provided nice views. Enough space to accommodate plenty of guests.
• Breakfast room was nice on the eyes, however, found stale bread and burnt American coffee.
• Not enough adaptors, told to go across the street and buy one from the Chinese shop. Why would a hotel charging this much not have an adaptor? Did they not check their guest list to see how many people were checking in?
• Serious wifi issues throughout hotel. Told there was no password, apparently next day there was, yet no notification from front desk.
• Front desk was not helpful, superficial attitudes by some at front desk. Expected more.
• Disgusting silverfish bug on wall. Gross, don’t want that slipping into my suitcase.
• Cheap toiletries made in P.R. C=China. All other hotels had toiletries made in Milan. Soap didn’t even foam.
• Super small TV with limited channels and no Sky access.
• Uncomfortable barely a queen bed.

7 Thank EscapeChick
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
I do thank you for your review but would have preferred some suggestions and improvements this way I could reflect on them but I do not agree with the harsh and tough language that you have used.
I have noticed that this is the 3rd time that you have posted this review and that the previous 2 that you posted were removed by Tripadvisor due to the offensive language utilized by you. This time you have moderated the terminology and we have not contested and requested the removal of your review as was did with the previous 2 because believing that all of our guests have a right to an opinion even if it doesn’t represent the actual situation. (as you well know a review to be removed by Tripadvisor has to be judged that the protestor is right as we were, twice).
You refer that this is your “first Hand” experience. Are you insinuating that the other 1,118 reviews are fakes or that your opinion is worth more than others? Already I find that beginning with this phrase makes one reading your review understand from where you are coming from opinion wise.
Reading your new review (3rd time published) I would just like to say not entering directly into the issues that you have indicated the following, “Was there anything that you liked?” I guess not so therefore I believe that it is not a non bias or impartial review. I would also just like to highlight that in 6 reviews previous to yours we were evaluated with 5 max votes meaning 5 points plus 1 with 4 points. Immediately after yours we received another 5 point review. This speaks for itself.
Most likely some of the positive aspects of our hotel got away from you so it will be an honor to have you as our guest in the future once again hoping with more tranquility to be able to appreciate also the positive aspects which are many of our beautiful Boutique Hotel.
Best regards,
Margate City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff was very friendly and they were quick to meet any request that we had. The location is perfect if you are looking for a really cute boutique hotel. The rooftop terrace is great for a before dinner glass of wine. Loved this hotel. Thank you staff!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stay in this hotel everytime we visit Rome. It is walking distance from so many wonderful places and the staff is friendly and helpful. It is a short cab ride away from everything else in Rome. We could not imagine staying anywhere else. Breakfast in the morning is delightful and the sunsets on the rooftop offers an incredible view of the city.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from our room. I would suggest to go as high as you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John61844881
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fabulous review. The fact that you have been with us 3 times and remains still happy for us is a real compliment. It is already difficult to be able to satisfy on the first visit imagine for 3 visits you being able to verify more deeply the whole situation. Our staff although some of them have changed and we have new personnel have all been properly selected after interviewing many.
“The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. “
Our rooms are all furnished with high quality products and we have taken pride even in our bathrooms as you state,
“well-appointed, and the bathrooms are actually beautiful.”
Our hotel is so perfectly located that even if just staying 2 or even 1 night, one is able to walk to all major sites and take advantage of it’s location.
Having been with us 3 times it’s time to come back and stay the 4th as well! Thank you once again for your loyalty.
Warmest regards,
NYC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As a top contributor, I seriously disliked my recent stay here for two nights with my wife. To start, they did not have enough electricity adaptors, so the front desk instructed me where to go buy one across the street. I was shocked that a hotel charging this much would send a guest across the street to buy a 6 Euro adaptor. I have never stayed at a hotel in Italy, or anywhere else in Europe for that matter, that did not have adaptors for their guests, and I have stayed at plenty of cheaper hotels. On top of that, they had a serious wifi issue. To be fair, the hotel did change their wifi system the next day, but no one from the hotel advised me of the change. I found out at the end of the day from another guest how to access the new system. No one from the desk offered recommendations unless I confronted them and asked. Aside from that, the desk provided an unenthused “buona sera” as myself and others I saw passed by at night. Being a seasoned traveler and having stayed at four other hotels on this trip alone, all of comparable price and ratings, I expected much more from the service at this hotel.

As for the room, we had a silverfish bug greet us upon returning from dinner one night. I included a picture as proof. I also did not like the toiletries made in the People’s Republic of China (P.R.C.). All of the other hotels I stayed with during this trip provided nice quality toiletries made in Milan. The T.V. was very small and had few channels and no Sky access. The bed was small and uncomfortable, in my opinion. I felt this was the worst hotel out of the five we stayed at in Italy.

While the location is ideal for tourism and the roof terrace is enjoyable, I do not believe this hotel is a good value, even after equating for the expensiveness of Rome. That was my first stay with Hotel Campo De Fiori and it was my last!

7 Thank VacationDude
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
Dear Guest,
I need to acknowledge that our guests usually start their review with positive notes about our location, staff, Boutique Hotel and service, but you instead decided to spotlight a fictitious silverfish bug in room about which I need to doubt, since our team always works hard to clean our rooms and it never happened that we found a bug of any kind in our Boutique Hotel.
“To start, they did not have enough electricity adaptors”: we do always have adaptors at your disposal in our reception, it may happen that after their stay some guests forget to get them back to us, but every time we are ready to provide adaptors and any other facilities necessary for your stay.
“The bed was small and uncomfortable”: our building, nestled in the most historic area of the city and surrounded by buildings of historic fame, has nine hundred years of age and, hence, considered to be a piece of history whose size needs to remain intact to be preserved.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home
Warm regards
canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family of four stayed in the apts. very large and spacious. Fantastic to have kitchen facilities to make meals from fresh ingredients from the market which is right at your doorstep.
You are within walking distance to everything. Only con was the bar noise at 2 am when the drunken patrons exit but well worth the 5 mins of being awaken

• Stayed July 2013
Severino, Direttore at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, September 29, 2016
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you have totally caught and appreciated the real atmosphere of the location of a unique historical background as only a real traveler would do. As you quote “the apts.”are ”very large and spacious” in fact they are particularly indicated if you are travelling along with a family. All of our apartments are also provided with a fully equipped kitchen where you can try out some new recipes while buying something genuine and fresh from the daily market that “is right at your doorstep”. Moreover, all of them are furnished with double glazed soundproof windows to keep out any noise.

I recommend to all the readers to have a look at our website to discover offers about our rooms and to contact our staff in advance, since they are specialist in reserving pick-ups from and to the airport and to book guided tours to the main spots, so as to skip all the long and stressful lines.

Thanking you for your review, I am looking forward to welcoming you back at our Boutique Hotel, hoping that this time it will be longer than a one night stay.

The real enemy of travel is looking without seeing, as it is the fog preventing us from seeing what surrounds us.

Warmest regards,
The manager
danville, ca
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in Apartment C1 (first European floor, second American floor) on Via De Cappellari in June of this year. The apartment was exactly as expected. It was a large one bedroom apartment with two twin beds in the living room, a refrigerator and stove. I would not call it luxurious but it was more than adequate for our family of four in Rome and suited our needs well. Our teenage sons slept in the living room very comfortably. The bathroom was quite nice and spacious compared to some in Italy. The staff were absolutely lovely, very helpful and kind. We enjoyed the rooftop deck immensely. We made sure to be up there every night to watch the beautiful sunset over the Vatican in the distance. The staff gave us glasses and a wine opener each time. All was well, except...

Campo De Fiori is a beautiful little square where, unfortunately, every college aged person in the city seemed to come to hang out until the wee hours of the morning. It is loud. Very loud. We arrived on a Monday and each night got progressively louder. In fact, on Friday night I told my husband it sounded like there was a rave going on right outside our bathroom window. Luckily, with the shudders and the dual paned windows closed, and using ear plugs every night, I was able to sleep. My husband was able to sleep without earplugs. Our boys, being in the interior of the building, were not bothered. I don't know if this is just a summer problem or a year round issue. I recommend the apartment itself for a family, but because of the noise, I would warn those bothered by noise against it.

Since we did not stay in the hotel, I don't know if it is an issue there or not. Each time we passed through it on the way up to the deck, it seemed perfectly quiet, serene and beautiful! Even with the noise, the rooftop deck of the hotel was a highlight of our three week trip to Rome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Severino, Manager at Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
You stayed in one of our apartments which we always suggest to our guests when arriving with a family situation. Our apartments as stated by you,
“The apartment was exactly as expected. It was a large one bedroom apartment with two twin beds in the living room, a refrigerator and stove. I would not call it luxurious but it was more than adequate for our family of four in Rome and suited our needs well.”
I would like to highlight that they all have A/C, Free WiFi, Daily cleaning by our chambermaids, Flat TV Led with a fully furnished kitchen if one would like to cook while in Rome.
You highlight that the famous Campo de’ Fiori area was full of college students, and this is true being the most trendy area in Rome at the moment as it is known for all over the world. Although we have taken action and as you indicate we do have installed “Sound Proof windows” which do work”!
“Luckily, with the shudders and the dual paned windows closed, and using ear plugs every night, I was able to sleep. My husband was able to sleep without earplugs. Our boys, being in the interior of the building, were not bothered.”
Obviously the noise may happen outside and not heard of inside but this only comes around on certain periods of the year such as holidays etc.
Our fabulous rooftop terrace is offered to all of our guests weather reserved in the hotel or in our apartments and have also access to Free WiFi.
Thanking you for your review,
Best Regards,