“Excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2015

We were staying within walking distance at the nearby ESH hotel-within five minutes walk.
Very friendly warm staff and an excellent choice of food and wines-food was of excellent quality and plenty of it-it is apparent that the restaurant is popular with locals and that all added to the atmosphere and experience.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed January 8, 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came to Rome on a business trip and stayed in the hotel next to this restaurant. Unhappy with the atmosphere of the hotel restaurant, and as my girlfriend is a snop ( she will tell you this herself ) we decided to try this restaurant as it is literally next door to the hotel. And as I pick ALL our restaurants on the recommendation of Trip Advisor, I was a little concerned about some negative reveiws about the service of this particular restaurant. Well let me tell you one thing...we have visted many fine eateries in Europe and in the States ( as my girlfriend works for an online travel company) and still baring in mind of my girlfriends snoppery :), we found the food, atmosphere and the service to be an absolute tremendous experience. And I don't say that lighty to often. Even though the menu is in both English and Italian, the staff don't have a great knowledge of English ( bare in mind that this is traditionally a local restaurant catering for locals and is generously reflected in the price). In saying that they did everything possible to help us get everything that we needed and at times we had a good laugh with them conversing in broken Italian and English. We enjoyed the experience so much the first evening that we returned the following evening and our welcome was tremendous as they remembered us from our previous visit. And granted it was off season and understand that in peak times they will not have the time for this personal attention as it a large restaurant but is very cleverly sectioned off for more an intimate setting when needed. But the standard of the food is without question unbeatable for the price. YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER IN ROME FOR THE PRICE!!! Well done Ristorante Arturo.

Reviewed January 2, 2015

Arturo’s is an absolute must whether you’re a Roman or you’re on a Roman holiday. I lived in Rome for 12 years prior to moving to the U.S., and eating at Ristorante Arturo (on numerous occasions might I add) was undeniably the highlight of my stay in Italy. This restaurant has been running since 1968 by an Italian family that serves 100% authentic and exquisite Italian dishes.

The food here is unparalleled – every dish on the menu is made with the utmost care and the freshest local ingredients (probably why Italian food can’t really be replicated elsewhere). From the hot focaccia straight out of the pizzeria, the crispy and juicy calamari, the mouth-watering mozzarella and prosciutto, the al dente noodles accompanied with succulent clams, and the sizzling steaks cooked to a perfection… Mamma mia, Ristorante Arturo is as good as it gets when it comes to Italian food. I recommend sitting in the outdoor glass-covered terrace; the ambience is intimate and soothing; you feel like you’re dining in a greenhouse, even in the middle of winter!

Ristorante Arturo is beyond a restaurant – it’s part of Rome and its history. You’ll almost always see Italian stars and Vatican officials dining amongst visitors from all over the world. Glance around the pictures on the walls of Pope John Paul II dining at the restaurant, and chit chat with the owner Bernardo (if you can catch him, he’s always at the restaurant, but he’s a quick one!). A meal here is an experience to be relished, and a trip to Rome is incomplete without a visit to Arturo’s.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed November 21, 2014

We ordered starters which came relatively quickly. It was a salmon carpaccio. Me and my girlfiriend agreed it had far to much onion and vinegar for our tastes so it was a bit disappointing but edible.
After that things went worse. I ordered a four cheese risotto and the girlfriend ordered pasta and we ordered grilled vegetables to share. We were surprised for the server to come over and put two plates of pasta in front of us. I was considering eating it but then I called the waiter over. He quickly conversed with another waiter then came over apologised and picked up the plate and put it on the table next to us (if I were that table, I wouldn't have been pleased either).
Our food took ages to come out and service was extremely slow. The food eventually came out after a long wait (we had to be some where else so were now in a bit of a rush). The plates were set in front of us quickly and the server walked away. No grilled vegetables and no servers to ask so we started eating. My risotto was passable but not brilliant and the same could be said of my girlfriends pasta.
We ran out of water and no one came to check up on us and still no vegetables. I called the server over and requested more water but ignored the missing vegetable as obviously it was forgotten.
We finished our meal and the water never came funnily enough. We sat there with empty plates for another 10 minutes before I could get a servers attention to request the bill quickly as now we were in a bigger rush. The server did apologise for the slow service (at least it was recognised).
The bill came with the grilled vegetables on the bill. I went to get the server and requested it be removed. The manager came over and also apologised profusely and removed the vegetables and removed an additional 5 Euro for the bad service.
While the apologies are noted and the 5 Euro off I suppose is something (I probably should have paid a lot less for shody service and average (at best) food), I can't give this more than two stars as that wouldn't be a reflection of our experience at Arturos. Realistially, it would have been a one if not for the apologies as I suppose everyone can have an off day and this was definitely an off day for this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 20, 2014 via mobile

We were given an English Menu.very friendly attentive staff.The grilled anchovies were devine..and the spaghetti vongole and ragout.Good wine choice.No room for dessert sadly but looked inviting on the trolley.We ate in a pretty well heated garden room.There was also a classic vespa on show.Price reasonable..53€ for a restaurant in a capital.

Date of visit: November 2014